Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

I don’t know why you think it can’t be... his recruitment was all over the place between two schools. He apparently no longer wants to be at one. What else could it be? Look at the the things we know and stop trying to grasp to every rumor that might have him going anywhere but A&M. The facts are jimbos success at A&M essentially is riding on fixing his Oline and progressing forward. Jimbo has been in contact with Shepherd and has chosen to not pursue a graduate transfer or high school OT. You think he doesn’t pursue anyone if he has any doubts? Shepherd has been photographed at an A&M since the transfer talks started. His “handler”’ FWK tweeted out just a couple of weeks ago to Kenyon Green “help is on the way.” Shepherd has not to anyone’s knowledge visited or contacted anywhere else besides A&M this fall. And once again, Jimbo is saving a spot in the class that could very much be needed elsewhere. Do you think jimbo is just somehow hoodwinked? That poor at managing a program? 

The fact is there is TONS of smoke for the kid to transfer to A&M, and the only thing said showing different is a couple of random message board rumors that mods on either side have not touched. You tell me why we shouldn’t look at this as a cut and dry situation and believe the rumors...

The first thing you should answer is why he’s leaving Texas in the first place.  Playing time?  Transferring out isn’t the answer.  He’ll have to sit a year.  If he feels he’s ready to play now, transferring isn’t the answer.  Of course who knows how this kid is thinking.  To me it’s gotta be something else.  You keep throwing out the word “logically”.  There’s nothing about this kid that says logic.  Logically if he’s wanting to play, sitting out a year isn’t the answer.  I guess I’m going off the notion he fully understands that though.  I’d bet the Texas staff had told him.  

if it’s not playing time, then what?  Doesn’t like the Staff?  Wasn’t making the grades?.  His girlfriend broke up with him?

Are you coming to this conclusion from factual reporting or message board thoughts?  I can’t find anything on it

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

The first thing you should answer is why he’s leaving Texas in the first place.  Playing time?  Transferring out isn’t the answer.  He’ll have to sit a year.  If he feels he’s ready to play now, transferring isn’t the answer.  Of course who knows how this kid is thinking.  To me it’s gotta be something else.  You keep throwing out the word “logically”.  There’s nothing about this kid that says logic.  Logically if he’s wanting to play, sitting out a year isn’t the answer.  I guess I’m going off the notion he fully understands that though.  I’d bet the Texas staff had told him.  

if it’s not playing time, then what?  Doesn’t like the Staff?  Wasn’t making the grades?.  His girlfriend broke up with him?

Are you coming to this conclusion from factual reporting or message board thoughts?  I can’t find anything on it

Every Aggie mod is saying it’s all but done and Jimbo expects him to be part of the class and is saving his scholarship. 

As for logic. This move could simply be about he wanted to be at A&M the whole time.. This recruitment as you remember could have gone either way. His girlfriend at Texas appeared to be the deciding factor at the time according to some. Maybe he regrets the decision he mad and wants to be at A&M. Maybe he didn’t like the staff at Texas. Maybe his girlfriend broke up with him. You’re right there are several possible causes as to why. It doesn’t have to be about playing time for this to make sense. 

Now that Ohio St is out of the playoffs reports are coming out on Texas boards that the Horns have signed Ohio St co-OC and passing game coordinator Mike Yurcich as their OC. 

Yurcich didn’t call plays at Ohio St this year but he was the play caller for 6 years at Oklahoma St under Mike Gundy. I like this hire and if Herman will do as he has said and let Yurcich have complete control I think it will immediately improve the Texas offense. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Now that Ohio St is out of the playoffs reports are coming out on Texas boards that the Horns have signed Ohio St co-OC and passing game coordinator Mike Yurcich as their OC. 

Yurcich didn’t call plays at Ohio St this year but he was the play caller for 6 years at Oklahoma St under Mike Gundy. I like this hire and if Herman will do as he has said and let Yurcich have complete control I think it will immediately improve the Texas offense. 

Man, I hope so. The play calling this season killed the offensive production. 
I don’t get that either, Herman was the OSU OC for several years and had great success. I understand it’d have to be difficult to be the HC and also call plays for the offense, but the struggles UT had on that side of the ball due to the play calling was quite surprising to me if Herman was as involved as we all think he was.

40 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Man, I hope so. The play calling this season killed the offensive production. 
I don’t get that either, Herman was the OSU OC for several years and had great success. I understand it’d have to be difficult to be the HC and also call plays for the offense, but the struggles UT had on that side of the ball due to the play calling was quite surprising to me if Herman was as involved as we all think he was.

And as bad as the offense was situationally it still finished pretty good statistically speaking. 

49 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Herman’s play calling got Texas beat against Iowa St. He has to let Yurcich be aggressive in his play calling and allow the offense to win games. I want to see Texas blow teams out again and keep their foot on the gas. 

Iowa State, TCU, Baylor, OU... all of those games the playcalling was bad.  When you’re defense isn’t great you better try to score a lot of points.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Herman’s play calling got Texas beat against Iowa St. He has to let Yurcich be aggressive in his play calling and allow the offense to win games. I want to see Texas blow teams out again and keep their foot on the gas. 

It’s like the defenses knew the play before hand against Iowa St, TCU and Baylor.  

1 hour ago, Lhornfan said:

He's not going anywhere this year. He's got too much to work on to play in the NFL. For starters, he needs to hone his sense for pressure. My biggest concern would be throwing the deep ball with accuracy.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Late round pick if by the draft he got to the 250 - 260 lb range and says he is ready to play TE, HB , and/or FB.  

I’m not sure if another year at Texas would change any of that.

• Stinks 1