Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Last GameDay of the year! Looking forward to the 2020 season with the new coaching hires but tonight’s game has good potential. 
Both coaches have good bowl records, so I’m assuming both teams will be ready to play. Texas is at full strength with the exception of nickel Josh Thompson and Brandon Jones is said to be a game time decision. Collin Johnson will play but isn’t 100%. 

Time to wrap up this awful, injury filled, predictable play calling, bad tackling, poor game planning, dumpster fire season. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Last GameDay of the year! Looking forward to the 2020 season with the new coaching hires but tonight’s game has good potential. 
Both coaches have good bowl records, so I’m assuming both teams will be ready to play. Texas is at full strength with the exception of nickel Josh Thompson and Brandon Jones is said to be a game time decision. Collin Johnson will play but isn’t 100%. 

Time to wrap up this awful, injury filled, predictable play calling, bad tackling, poor game planning, dumpster fire season. 

🤘🏻

Ready for next season. This year ended up a super disappointment and a lot of it was because of injuries on the defensive side of the ball coupled with a DC who refused to adjust to all the injuries and kept in his favored three man DL front (major stupidity that got Orlando fired).

The offensive play calling in certain situations got so terribly predictable it completely hamstrung the offense and we again relied way too heavily on Ehlinger in the run game.

It’s as if after the fantastic offensive play and downfield passing attack the Longhorns featured in the LSU game we went back to being afraid to let Sam throw it downfield much at all. Collin Johnson’s absence probably had something to do with that, but Duvernay can easily stretch the field. 
Anyhow, it is what it is now and we just need to see where Texas goes from here.

Hopefully those Longhorns come out excited and fired up to play in front of basically a home crowd in San Antonio to send the seniors out with another bowl win, and build some positive momentum heading into 2020.

🤘🏻

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I’m excited to see the new look Sam right, Sam left, Sam middle play calling :lol: 

Oh Lord, please no. You have running backs whose main objective is (or should be) to run the ball. Yet, as you’ve pointed out, Texas just loves to run the QB.

It worked in 2018, this is not 2018. Quit it already!

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Wasn’t just talking about this game. But speaking of getting stuffed....

The OL is so stinking inconsistent and they tip their hat on the slow developing counter neither RB really benefits.  And I’ll argue it for the entire season.  When the line blocks well Ingram is the far better back

Even with the TD and early lead, I’m already disgusted with the offense! Too many repetitive runs through the middle and just like in these last 5-6 games...Sam has become hesitant in his decision making (like Eli Manning was). It’s bogging down everything & allowing him to make more mistakes.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Dear God, no he isn’t. That little narrative is inaccurate. Everybody lives RoJo and so do I, but he is not a better running back than Ingram no matter how much you dislike Carthage.

What does Carthage have to do with it? You have your opinion and I have mine. Point is that’s the state that the program is in when some think a former QB is best running back. 

1 minute ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Even with the TD and early lead, I’m already disgusted with the offense! Too many repetitive run through the middle and just like in these last 5-6 games...Sam has become hesitant in his decision making (like Eli Manning was). It’s bogging down everything & allowing him to make more mistakes.

Agreed. Ready for the new OC to get to work in Austin. 
Maybe the defense can continue to play tough and UT can win this game.