Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Two transfers. Two years to sit out???🧐

They gave him immediate eligibility for the original USC to UT transfer, right? No way in hades they’d give him immediate eligibility on this.  You gotta make him sit.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

They gave him immediate eligibility for the original USC to UT transfer, right? No way in hades they’d give him immediate eligibility on this.  You gotta make him sit.

He hasn't received his eligibility yet, but the expectation from most is that he will. If he transfers again, no way he gets it. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AKA said:

Kid already seems high maintenance...  y'all sure he's worth the hassle? 

I hope the best for the kid with wherever he goes, but if he goes back USC, I think he really hurts himself in the long run. It shows he has a problem with commitment. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Kid already seems high maintenance...  y'all sure he's worth the hassle? 

This is kinda where I’m at. 

It’s weird, people on the Texas side seem very caught of guard by this. All of this broke from the USC side and as of this morning he’s not in the portal. 

From everything I've read, the only reasoning behind this is he's homesick. While I get that, he really needs to think about why he left USC to begin with. Nothing has changed there, so why would he think he'll be happy now? Not to mention, there's still the strong possibility that they change coaches at season's end...if they last that long. 

14 hours ago, Stoney said:

It came out they hadn’t filed yet.  The Texas Lawyers we’re gathering info to build the case for the McCoy family before filing.  Now he wants to leave.  I

• Like 1

Well he technically did announce he was transferring to Texas before officially entering the portal didn’t he? So it’s probably the same thing reversed now. 

I thought this was sketchy that he was he was allowed to transfer and be eligible the first time.he announced he was transferring and had already filled out financial aid paperwork with Texas before even officially entering the portal. That’s borderline tampering. Now apparently usc is doing the same thing. This kid is opening up all kinds of loopholes and the ncaa is looking like fools right now. 

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

This is kinda where I’m at. 

It’s weird, people on the Texas side seem very caught of guard by this. All of this broke from the USC side and as of this morning he’s not in the portal. 

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

It came out they hadn’t filed yet.  The Texas Lawyers we’re gathering info to build the case for the McCoy family before filing.  Now he wants to leave.  I

Gotcha. So he’s not eligible yet. Does he now try to become eligible at usc? Lol

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

From everything I've read, the only reasoning behind this is he's homesick. While I get that, he really needs to think about why he left USC to begin with. Nothing has changed there, so why would he think he'll be happy now? Not to mention, there's still the strong possibility that they change coaches at season's end...if they last that long. 

And if anything has, it's been worse 

21 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Well he technically did announce he was transferring to Texas before officially entering the portal didn’t he? So it’s probably the same thing reversed now. 

I thought this was sketchy that he was he was allowed to transfer and be eligible the first time.he announced he was transferring and had already filled out financial aid paperwork with Texas before even officially entering the portal. That’s borderline tampering. Now apparently usc is doing the same thing. This kid is opening up all kinds of loopholes and the ncaa is looking like fools right now

Absolutely! There were already many people who thought the transfer portal was a bad idea. Bru McCoy may very well be the reason they end up doing away with it. 

Here is the latest update (about 30 mins ago)...

According to one source close to the family, it’s because McCoy — who has spent his entire life in southern California — has a severe case of homesickness.

“Everyone wants to know why this is happening,” one source said. “Bru is a really good kid. He just misses home way more than he thought.”

According to sources, McCoy's parents have tried to tell him to stick it out at Texas for his first year and that he’ll probably feel differently once football season starts - when the Texas campus comes to life in a way McCoy hasn't seen yet. Plus, a return to USC would almost certainly result in McCoy having to sit out a year under transfer rules.

But as of Tuesday, McCoy, who has been home in Los Angeles for a couple weeks, was giving indications to those around him he wasn’t planning on returning to Austin.

Texas receivers coach Drew Mehringer was en route to Los Angeles to try to reassure McCoy about his decision nearly six months ago to go to Texas, sources said.

I get it. The guys just spent five months away from everything he's ever known. Now he's been back home for a few weeks, and he's hanging out with his friends at familiar places. In my opinion it doesn't mean he's high maintenance or immature. Going back to USC could also be a big distraction for him and his future career as a football player. I'm just going to sit back and wish him the best. I hope he comes back to Austin. Once the season starts and he gets a taste of the football atmosphere I'm sure he'll be in it for the long haul - at least three years anyway. 

I think I would get Tre Watson on the phone and somehow get Tre in touch with McCoy. I know U of Cal is not USC, but Tre was blown out of the water by the atmosphere in Austin. 

3 hours ago, WETSU said:

I thought this was sketchy that he was he was allowed to transfer and be eligible the first time.he announced he was transferring and had already filled out financial aid paperwork with Texas before even officially entering the portal. That’s borderline tampering. Now apparently usc is doing the same thing. This kid is opening up all kinds of loopholes and the ncaa is looking like fools right now. 

I wasn’t suggesting that USC was doing anything against the rules. 

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

He must have put Oklahoma just so he could call it a top 5 lol.

Ha!

His reasoning for excluding Texas is dumb..."You beat Georgia, but you barely beat Georgia (which is false). What about when it comes to Bama or Clemson?". 

If that's your stance, then Bama and Clemson should be the only two schools you're considering. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Ha!

His reasoning for excluding Texas is dumb..."You beat Georgia, but you barely beat Georgia (which is false). What about when it comes to Bama or Clemson?". 

If that's your stance, then Bama and Clemson should be the only two schools you're considering. 

He said after the TCU win that he wanted to see the Texas offense do it against a "real" defense in OU.

IDK of the whole package deal with his OL teammate is for real or not ( he's been adamant about it ), but I don't think Texas or a&m were recruiting George very hard, which I'm fine with on Texas as I don't think he's that good and doesn't fit the profile of OL Texas wants.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

I’m happy he went ahead and put this out. Texas can move on from George and can go all in on Bijan Robinson out of Arizona. 

There are a lot of really good RBs this cycle. 

Funny, I was literally just talking with someone else about Robinson. I don't know how likely he ends up at Texas, he seems really high on UCLA, but he would be a great alternate. 

13 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Funny, I was literally just talking with someone else about Robinson. I don't know how likely he ends up at Texas, he seems really high on UCLA, but he would be a great alternate. 

His fluidity in and out of cuts is next level.

I think his UOV really helped Texas. I expect his official to be lights out. 

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Ha!

He also said:

DF3B77AA-EECC-4517-AF43-289D834D06D9.png