Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Throughout the spring, the message that was being put out was how hard Bru was working. That his energy was infectious. And that his talent would definitely have him on the field as a freshman (assuming he was granted eligibility). 

That's why I didn't fully understand the tweets sent out by a handful of the players yesterday. That is, until I started hearing some other rumors...

There is information being put out now, is that his 'homesickness' is just an excuse. He is apparently unhappy because he's been told he will not start at WR, but he could potentially start at LB. He's responded by telling everyone in the locker room that he is the best WR on the roster, and far better than incoming freshman, Jake Smith. There's also rumors that Sam Ehlinger does not like him. Word is, Bru was complaining about Sam's arm strength, and arguing that Casey Thompson should be starting. His antics have apparently rubbed his teammates the wrong way (understandably so). 

And as for the 'entourage' sent out to convince him to return, that too is rumored to not be what has been reported. There are multiple rumors coming out that Ehlinger was already in CA for a camp, and the coaches went out because Herman wanted to sit face to face with Bru and his parents to get the truth. 

I can't speak to the validity of any of this because again, these are all rumors. That said, if true (and I'm sure we'll all find out eventually) it certainly makes the reaction from the players make a lot more sense. 

From everything I read and heard through Spring ball, the coaches were higher on using packages with Jordan Whittington than Bru. Plus you already have veterans in Collin Johnson, Duvernay and John Burt at the outside spots. 

I wish him the best... unless we play them. Then I hope he #### balls.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Throughout the spring, the message that was being put out was how hard Bru was working. That his energy was infectious. And that his talent would definitely have him on the field as a freshman (assuming he was granted eligibility). 

That's why I didn't fully understand the tweets sent out by a handful of the players yesterday. That is, until I started hearing some other rumors...

There is information being put out now, is that his 'homesickness' is just an excuse. He is apparently unhappy because he's been told he will not start at WR, but he could potentially start at LB. He's responded by telling everyone in the locker room that he is the best WR on the roster, and far better than incoming freshman, Jake Smith. There's also rumors that Sam Ehlinger does not like him. Word is, Bru was complaining about Sam's arm strength, and arguing that Casey Thompson should be starting. His antics have apparently rubbed his teammates the wrong way (understandably so). 

And as for the 'entourage' sent out to convince him to return, that too is rumored to not be what has been reported. There are multiple rumors coming out that Ehlinger was already in CA for a camp, and the coaches went out because Herman wanted to sit face to face with Bru and his parents to get the truth. 

I can't speak to the validity of any of this because again, these are all rumors. That said, if true (and I'm sure we'll all find out eventually) it certainly makes the reaction from the players make a lot more sense. 

I think we all agree this was more than just homesickness. At least not completely. Interesting rumor that he was being told he might could start at linebacker. Was he practicing there some or was it just assumed his athletic ability would allow him to excel there? Was he just too good to not be on the field somewhere or is it because linebacker depth/talent is thin? It just seems strange to me they wanted him or were looking at him at LB when he’s got so much upside at WR. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think we all agree this was more than just homesickness. At least not completely. Interesting rumor that he was being told he might could start at linebacker. Was he practicing there some or was it just assumed his athletic ability would allow him to excel there? Was he just too good to not be on the field somewhere or is it because linebacker depth/talent is thin? It just seems strange to me they wanted him or were looking at him at LB when he’s got so much upside at WR. 

I'm not sure. Right now this is all rumor, and all I've heard. I know coming out of HS, the word was he had the ability to play WR or LB. So if I were to guess, I'd say the depth Texas has at WR, and the lack of it at LB, is the reasoning behind that. 

11 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

From everything I read and heard through Spring ball, the coaches were higher on using packages with Jordan Whittington than Bru. Plus you already have veterans in Collin Johnson, Duvernay and John Burt at the outside spots. 

I wish him the best... unless we play them. Then I hope he #### balls.

I can't wait to see Whittington play. I think that kid is going to be special. 

10 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I haven’t read one report that mentioned him as a LB, not one.  I believe that is strictly rumor and most likely false.  

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I haven’t read one report that mentioned him as a LB, not one.  I believe that is strictly rumor and most likely false.  

Well, I did say that at the moment, it is a rumor. lol

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas told him from day 1 they liked him at LB but that he could start out at WR.  He played both ways in HS.

Now, he was an OLB ( b-backer in Texas's defense ), so he wasn't going to start over Ossai.

Let's not spin this, it's a big loss.  He's a top 10 national player.  He would have played this year and good chance started the next 2 years.  On the flip side, it's not like Texas has a bunch of scrubs at WR, so they'll still be OK and the loss of Floyd is bigger IMO being he's a freak LB.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Texas is getting UOV from 5* Cali WR Johnny Wilson and 4* Arizona DB Lathan Ransom this weekend. 

Both are set to OV in the middle of June as well. 

I hope Texas can land these 2.  Wilson seems to be pegged to Oregon at the moment, but he's yet to visit Texas.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red90fly said:

I hope Texas can land these 2.  Wilson seems to be pegged to Oregon at the moment, but he's yet to visit Texas.  

Yeah, but until 2 days ago, Zach Evans was pegged for Texas. So you never know.

6 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I'd worry with Oregon.  Christoboa knows how to play the game and they are the 2nd dirtiest program behind Georgia right now IMO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Yes you did.  I wasn’t disputing that.  Just saying that rumor was most likely false

Either way, his heart clearly doesn't seem to be in it at Texas. As such, I don't know that his full potential would ever come out. Time to move on. 

52 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

I don’t think other fan bases had him pegged for Texas... Many have felt he was headed out of state for a few weeks now. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think other fan bases had him pegged for Texas... Many have felt he was headed out of state for a few weeks now. 

That's true. I thought he meant from the crystal ball predictions (that's where many had him pegged to Texas). But we all know how inaccurate those can be. 

39 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I believe it's his brother that wants him at UT, the kid really likes OU from what I gather. 

Reading some of the OU insiders, they were surprised to be in the top 5. 

Right now I’m picking Bama but he’s going to wait until NSD2 so there is a lot of time left.