Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

54 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

They said it's all good weight. 

You do not gain 35 pounds of good muscle weight in 6 months naturally. It doesn’t happen. Not saying he’s not looking good and better, but that’s not all good weight. And before one of you throws a fit, I will same the same thing about A&M players. 

I bet he did gain the weight, and he probably looks better because he’s changed a little of his old weight along with it, but you absolutely cannot clean bulk and gain that type of weight that fast. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

You do not gain 35 pounds of good muscle weight in 6 months naturally. It doesn’t happen. Not saying he’s not looking good and better, but that’s not all good weight. And before one of you throws a fit, I will same the same thing about A&M players. 

I bet he did gain the weight, and he probably looks better because he’s changed a little of his old weight along with it, but you absolutely cannot clean bulk and gain that type of weight that fast. 

Who said it was 35lbs of muscle weight? Of course it's not all going to be muscle. That doesn't mean it's not 'good' weight. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

The idea is to put the weight on in any way that’s not water weight...  it’s easier to burn fats and proteins and turn them into lean fibers.  Water weight just goes.  So basically, you go on a red meat, high protein diet.  Then you work it down into muscle. 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

The idea is to put the weight on in any way that’s not water weight...  it’s easier to burn fats and proteins and turn them into lean fibers.  Water weight just goes.  So basically, you go on a red meat, high protein diet.  Then you work it down into muscle. 

I mean I know the process, I’m just saying it’s challenging to put on that kind of weight in that amount of time and still consider it “good” weight. But at that age, probably on a real nutrition and lifting plan for the first time in his life, I can see the weight gain being decent. As a DT, I think the majority of weight is good weight. If you’re being asked to play at 320 you’re going to most likely have some of it be a little sloppier than someone trying to go 185 to 220. 

19 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

2021 TE Lake McRee committed to Texas.

Nice get.  He camped at a&m last month and was offered a little before that by them.  Jimbo knows TE's.  Reportedly was 6'5 217 at the a&m camp so it'll be interesting to see how big he gets over the next 2 years.

• Like 1

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Nick-Saban-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Texas-Longhorns-coach-133530320/

Shortly after winning his third national championship at Alabama in 2012, Saban reached out to the Longhorns' power brass through agent Jimmy Sexton to get a feel for where the program might be heading following Mack Brown's — by program standards — disappointing season, his third straight outside of the Big 12's driver seat.

Tom Hicks- “Mack Brown turned bright red. Steam started coming out of his ears, and he said, ‘That guy is not coming here to win a national championship with my players.’ I said, ‘Mack, I’m glad to see you have that passion. I didn’t think you had that passion left.”

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Lol

saban’s agent saw an opportunity for a bigger payday and used the Texas Regents to get it.  Saban prolly didn’t even know about it.  Do you really think Alabama was going to let him go after what he’d built there??!

Texas would be a sexier destination than Alabama...  But Saban would so well anywhere in the US

A couple of key Texas targets are scheduled to announce commitments in the upcoming weeks...

CB - Lathan Ransom - July 16

RB - Bijan Robinson - Aug 2

I think both choose Ohio State. I hope, however, they surprise me. 

38 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

A couple of key Texas targets are scheduled to announce commitments in the upcoming weeks...

CB - Lathan Ransom - July 16

RB - Bijan Robinson - Aug 2

I think both choose Ohio State. I hope, however, they surprise me. 

I think Ransom would be a Longhorn if Texas was his last visit. 

Bijan is strange because he was all Texas since his UOV. But Ohio St turned it around after his OV there and Texas apparently couldn’t counter on his OV to Austin. 

I think Texas needs to keep recruiting Bijan till the whistle because distance and I believe Texas is going to have a great season that will pull some kids that want to see more of what Texas did last year.