Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Winning the state and owning the state are two different things though. I do not believe Herman just pushed Jimbo out and Jimbo didn’t get many he wanted. That’s owning the state. Herman landed more but he did “own” anything like the guy said. At least not imo. And for that matter, Jimbo did about the same last year. 

I think both have recruited well both in and out of state over the last two years. Neither has “owned” the other right now. 

It seems like we agree, as I never said 'own'. I said he's winning the state. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

I know. But it was what was being addressed when you entered the conversation. I wasn’t saying you said it, just that it was said while addressing your comments. 

That helps a lot. Now I better understand the context of a couple responses to my comment. 

My comment was directed only at the part of your comment regarding the Top 5 players. I didn't mean to come across as if I was agreeing with the previous comments about Herman 'dominating'. 

1 minute ago, Lobo97 said:

That helps a lot. Now I better understand the context of a couple responses to my comment. 

My comment was directed only at the part of your comment regarding the Top 5 players. I didn't mean to come across as if I was agreeing with the previous comments about Herman 'dominating'. 

Gotcha 

28 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Eaton

That was just a matter of time after Alford committed. They seemed to be very close to a package deal so when Alford pulled the trigger I figured Eaton was soon to follow. Good pickup. 

1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

RB Daniel Young with an ankle injury, could he out several weeks. RB depth is already real thing.

Ugh! I was hoping this position would be strong so Sam didn’t have to carry the ball as much this year. 

Hopefully Ingram and Whittington can stay away from injuries once the season starts. 

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Who else do you guys see in this class besides potentially Ty Jordan and Alfred Collins?  Probably only taking a couple more after that.

Texas is kind of in a great spot for recruiting. The class is basically complete save a couple position groups. If they can have a conference championship type season the rest of the spots will fill themselves. 

Couple updates from Tom Herman's media session....

Joshua Moore has been suspended for the first game.

Kirk Johnson, Reese Moore, and Daniel Young are out.

Zach Shackelford and Cade Brewer have been cleared for full practice. 

With RB depth being short, Roschon Johnson will be available, if need be.

• Like 1