Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

Defense looks good, especially the run D

OL looks really good 

Few missed opportunities or this game could possibly be 38-0.

Second half, I want to see them keep the same intensity. Too many times last season we saw them take their foot off the gas letting teams come back. That's the difference between a 9-10 win team and a playoff contender. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Texas is going to need to tighten up their pass defense. 

The only thing I saw that I didn't like is how far back the defense backs were playing on 1st downs.  They were basically giving LA Tech 7 or 8 yards on quick out passes all game long.  They only tightened up the coverage on short yardage and in the ted zone ... basically giving up too much field position too easily ...

My takeaways

Offense looked very good. They looked polished and efficient. Haven’t seen that in a long time it seems like. Roschon Johnson is pretty solid for never playing RB. He’s athletic as hell. 

Defense was a little rusty due to inexperience, but the talent there is still very impressive. One of those TD’s was a result of a Texas pick 6 called back on a terrible roughing the passer call. Hot garbage, but it happens. 

There was some sloppy play here and there but that’s to be expected first game of the year. The one thing that I still get frustrated about is not competing all 4 quarters. They let off the gas there for a couple drives in the 4th and it showed by points on the board for LA Tech. I will never understand why you completely go away with that’s worked the whole game just to milk the clock. I get playing conservative, but it kills so much momentum. Just keep scoring. This game could have easily been a shutout. 

I give this performance an A. Looking forward to getting some guys healthy for next week. Game day will be in Austin. Hook’em

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Found this floating on the twitter.Texas is going to have a great shot with Foster.

674C1171-0935-4409-ABF7-4566543D6B60.jpeg

We'll see if Texas will be able to overcome the Aggie mom.  He definately likes Texas and loves Coach Hand.

I've read the staff told him he can do the track stuff, but needs to get the T&F Coach involved.

He's also going to have his close friends that are Texas commits in his ear.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Chris Brown has that "bulldog" mentality.  He's going to be hard to keep off the field.

Sweat looks like he's going to be a good one.  He was taking on/splitting double teams and can move.  Definately looked like he belonged last night.

The recruiting ranking services wiffed hard on Sweat. He’s unmovable!

Chris Brown was everywhere making plays last night. His stop on the out route on 4th&1 was outstanding. 

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

Anybody going? 

My wife and I have had plans made since the Sugar bowl. Tickets are insane, I really want to be in front of the tv but I can’t pass up on the atmosphere for this game. 

I’ll be there. Should be an awesome atmosphere 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I think LSU might have the best defense in the country this year. They will be very tough to move the ball on. I could see this one being a defensive struggle. 

I read that LSU is the only team in the SEC that has more than 8 returning starters on offense and defense this year