Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

14 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Bad deal can happen to anybody but, Where are the Carthage blow hards that try and slam everything in your face?

What are you talking about Carthage blow hards?

As you say, that drop by Ingram for an easy TD can happen to anybody. That drop and his entire performance was not up to his standard, no excuses. Texas should’ve taken the FG, especially on the 4th and goal attempt on the next possession. Defense got tired. 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Is LSU’s offense this good or is Texas defense just not that good? That will be the question going forward. Really looking forward to seeing each team against another quality opponent before making too much judgment. 

I think the same could be said about LSU. 

14 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

What are you talking about Carthage blow hards?

As you say, that drop by Ingram for an easy TD can happen to anybody. That drop and his entire performance was not up to his standard, no excuses. Texas should’ve taken the FG, especially on the 4th and goal attempt on the next possession. Defense got tired. 

Thanks, blow hard. It can happen to anybody especially a troll.

• LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

This was supposed to be the Horns coming out party with the Big College Gameday scene in Austin today and the talent that UT has this season.  No party and no orange lights shining tonight in Austin.  Enough said.  Show me more.  To be the best, you have to beat the best......esp. when at home and Gameday in your house.

This game was decided on the 3rd and 1 to start the second half for LSU. They can no longer line up under center and muscle you for those anymore. If they just muscle the first down there instead of a 3 and out, this game probably ends 45-17. Texas killed the LSU defense the following drive and made this game much closer than it might have been. I think Texas can score and LSU defense wore itself out in that drive and never got their legs back because of how quickly the offense was scoring. 

But I agree the LSU defense didn’t impress tonight in the second half. First half they played fine but conditioning is a major issue. 

4 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I think the same could be said about LSU. 

Just now, WETSU said:

This game was decided on the 3rd and 1 to start the second half for LSU. They can no longer line up under center and muscle you for those anymore. If they just muscle the first down there instead of a 3 and out, this game probably ends 45-17. Texas killed the LSU defense the following drive and made this game much closer than it might have been. I think Texas can score and LSU defense wore itself out in that drive and never got their legs back because of how quickly the offense was scoring. 

But I agree the LSU defense didn’t impress tonight in the second half. First half they played fine but conditioning is a major issue. 

That 19 play 8 minute drive was brutal for the LSU defense. 

5 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

I don't hold anything against Ingram for the drop. It happens to the best of the best, and was hard on himself on the sideline. I am concerned with how he ran the ball. 

I didn’t expect Texas to have a ton of success running the ball tonight.  What they got was about what I expected and felt the gameplan would’ve called for.  I don’t even know what his rushing stats were

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Is LSU’s offense this good or is Texas defense just not that good? That will be the question going forward. Really looking forward to seeing each team against another quality opponent before making too much judgment. 

Didn't mean to quote this again.

3 minutes ago, Rabbs63 said:

With the injuries on offense and the youth on defense, I think Texas played one helluva game. Still a recruiting class away, IMO, for more depth on the defensive side of the ball.  Overall, I’m impressed with this team.   

LSU May surprise some folks in the SEC this season with the new offense.

Yeah Texas is one more class away from being stacked.

Next year in the Texas/LSU game Texas will be the visiting team with a ton of returning starters and LSU the home team replacing a chunk of guys.