Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

2 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Whoa! 

Texas just flipped Troy Omeire from ATM. 

F90D409B-2AE3-4FA2-B302-E01364964E86.png

That is a great pickup. Ellinger might not be the best qb but he is definitely a winner. Texas will be getting great momentum after they win the Big 12 Conference. A playoff spot is looking promising..

18 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Hookem from a T-shirt fan!!!

I don't get this T-Shirt fan bull. A man from the State of Texas gets his degree while he is in the U.S.M.C  serving his country. Does not have the opportunity to go to UT but being from Texas he been a Longhorn fan all his life. He is not permitted to throw up a Hookem.

21 minutes ago, 514 said:

I don't get this T-Shirt fan bull. A man from the State of Texas gets his degree while he is in the U.S.M.C  serving his country. Does not have the opportunity to go to UT but being from Texas he been a Longhorn fan all his life. He is not permitted to throw up a Hookem.

According to Aggies that is correct.

12 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Forgive for asking but who said that?

One of our resident SDC Aggies loves to say if you didn’t graduate from UT then you’re just a t-shirt Longhorn fan and you’re not truly invested in UT the way he is invested in A&M, because he is an Aggie graduate.

That’s also one of the main narratives many Aggies (not all) like to promote. They like to say lots of UT fans didn’t graduate from Texas and says UT having t-shirt fans is a negative meaning UT’s fan base isn’t as pure as A&M’s fan base. I say it’s actually a good thing Texas has fans who didn’t graduate from UT. A&M also has fans who did not graduate from A&M, maybe not as many, but that’s not a negative or knock on UT. I’d say UT having more t-shirt fans proves UT is more popular and a bigger brand  who has had way more success(everyone knows that). So, Aggies retaliate for Texas having more fans by saying t-shirt fans are lesser than them who actually graduated from their school.

I understand what they’re saying, but at the same time think it’s pretty ridiculous and petty.

🤘🏻

13 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

One of our resident SDC Aggies loves to say if you didn’t graduate from UT then you’re just a t-shirt Longhorn fan and you’re not truly invested in UT the way he is invested in A&M, because he is an Aggie graduate.

That’s also one of the main narratives many Aggies (not all) like to promote. They like to say lots of UT fans didn’t graduate from Texas and says UT having t-shirt fans is a negative meaning UT’s fan base isn’t as pure as A&M’s fan base. I say it’s actually a good thing Texas has fans who didn’t graduate from UT. A&M also has fans who did not graduate from A&M, maybe not as many, but that’s not a negative or knock on UT. I’d say UT having more t-shirt fans proves UT is more popular and a bigger brand  who has had way more success(everyone knows that). So, Aggies retaliate for Texas having more fans by saying t-shirt fans are lesser than them who actually graduated from their school.

I understand what they’re saying, but at the same time think it’s pretty ridiculous and petty.

🤘🏻

That is ridiculous and petty. Just because you went to school there doesn't mean you're any more invested than anyone else. I've spent my entire life following the Longhorns. From the time politics got Chris Simms the start over a much better QB (Major Applewhite).

When I graduated high school, I, nor my parents could afford to send me to a major university. I attended community college instead. I don't see how that makes me any less of a UT fan, or makes me a "t-shirt" fan. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it. Seems more like a social status to me when viewing it in that perspective.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

🤘🏻

Sounds like it. The more you enhance your brand the better the program. Most if not all universities have " t-shirt fans".