Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

At the AA game Whittington told reporters that Texas wants to use him like Alvin Kamara(sp?) of the Saints. 

How do you replace LJH? By putting pressure on the defense. 

3 and 5, Texas has CJ and Moore/Smith our wide on the boundary side. Field side the have Brewer inside of Duvernay. In the backfield Sam send Whittington into motion towards Duvernay. The possibilities from this formation are endless, not only through the air but the QB draw as well. 

12 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

At the AA game Whittington told reporters that Texas wants to use him like Alvin Kamara(sp?) of the Saints. 

How do you replace LJH? By putting pressure on the defense. 

3 and 5, Texas has CJ and Moore/Smith our wide on the boundary side. Field side the have Brewer inside of Duvernay. In the backfield Sam send Whittington into motion towards Duvernay. The possibilities from this formation are endless, not only through the air but the QB draw as well. 

Surratt used Ingram as a WR about 4-5 plays a game at Carthage in big games. High school is different than college, but he ran crisp routes and has good hands. 

8 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Surratt used Ingram as a WR about 4-5 plays a game at Carthage in big games. High school is different than college, but he ran crisp routes and has good hands. 

Texas coaches seem confident in his pass catching abilities. They threw the ball to him quite a bit this past season.

I’m ready to see Ingram after spending all spring and summer in the weight room and hoping he gains the muscle mass he’s made a priority. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2019 at 9:16 AM, JustAFan11 said:

Terrible news for Texas baseball this morning. 

E56FC326-AFC2-4F1B-B161-8023A5B8AA57.png

Always hate to hear that... Speedy recovery to him. 

Also, I wonder if the Austin Wood in the reply area is the closer for Texas from 10 years ago. Dude was nails but never the same after that 13 (no-hit, mind you) inning marathon he threw in the regionals. 

2 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Always hate to hear that... Speedy recovery to him. 

Also, I wonder if the Austin Wood in the reply area is the closer for Texas from 10 years ago. Dude was nails but never the same after that 13 (no-hit, mind you) inning marathon he threw in the regionals. 

That is the same Austin Wood. Augie still catches flack for that but Wood always shuts it down saying he wasn’t letting Augie take him out. 

On 1/7/2019 at 1:06 PM, Lobo97 said:

Of the teams with most interest on Texas' schedule next season, here are the key losses we know for sure...

LSU:

CB - Greedy Williams

DT - Ed Alexander 

RB - Nick Brossette (Sr)

LB - Devin White

There are a few others who could still declare early as well, with the most likely being star LB Devin White (projected Top 15 pick)

Oklahoma State:

Replacing Offensive Coordinator (Yurcich just joined Ohio State's staff)

QB - Taylor Cornelius (Sr)

RB - Justice Hill

LB - Justin Phillips (Sr)

DE - Jordan Brailford

DE - Jarrell Owens (Sr) ...(Brailford (9) and Owens (6) led the team in sacks)

West Virginia

Head Coach

QB - Will Grier (Sr)

WR - David Sills (Sr)

WR - Gary Jennings (Sr)....(Sills and Jennings led team in catches, yards, and TD's)

TE - Trevin Wesco (Sr) ...(4th in receptions, yards, and TD's)

LB - David Long

C - Matt Jones

Oklahoma:

Defensive Coordinator 

QB - Kyler Murray

RB - Rodney Anderson 

WR - Marquise Brown 

LB - Curtis Bolton

OL - Bobby Evans

OL - Cody Ford

TCU:

QB - Shawn Robinson (transfer)

WR - KaVonte Turpin (Sr)

7 Defensive starters - most of which are DL and LB

Kansas State:

Head Coach

QB - Alex Delton (transfer)

RB - Alex Barnes

2nd and 3rd RB's

Iowa State:

RB - David Montgomery

LB - Willie Harvey (Sr)

WR - Hakeem Butler

Texas Tech:

Head Coach

WR - Antoine Wesley

WR - JaDeion High

Updated (OU, WV, LSU)

• Thanks 1

Ohio State hiring Oklahoma State's OC is an interesting hire to me. Maybe their talent personnel was down and yes. they beat Texas in the worst game the Horns played, but I feel the Okla State offense was way down. I still think that Gundy is the straw that stirs the drink always there. Plug in whoever you want, like you would have with Kingsbury. The power they have only goes so far. He may have been encouraged to seek other employment. 

I believe Deondrick Glass RB from Katy is announcing today. Crystal Ball was in Okie St. favor but i wonder if this development may open the door for him at UT. The Horns didn't pay him much attention focusing on the two that got away on early signing day so that is working against them as well.