Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

On 1/7/2019 at 11:32 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Can Arkansas hold on to their historic top-15 recruiting ranking if they finish with their best-case scenario? https://t.co/kls2jAHMKC #WPS

As long as the reason they fall is other teams signing players and not because of defections, then I really don't care if they fall to 16 or even 17. It is a top 20 class regardless of who you ask and what ranking system you subscribe too. That is better than we could have asked for after the 2 win season. If they get everybody on the wish list then they will hold their spot.

I'm still more concerned about the QB position than I am anything. I know a summer enrolee as a Grad Transfer is not a bad thing, but I would prefer a Grad Transfer that comes in now for the Spring.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 2:56 PM, Red90fly said:

Another thing to consider with Lakia Henry is may not be able to play at an SEC school.  Gary Johnson had this issue, something about a math class where he couldn't go to an SEC school and wound up at Texas.  Henry is from the same juco Johnson played at.

this is such a dumb thing for the conference. I can't remember the kid but a few years ago ended up going to Oklahoma after decommitting from Arkansas because of a class requirement. 

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

As long as the reason they fall is other teams signing players and not because of defections, then I really don't care if they fall to 16 or even 17. It is a top 20 class regardless of who you ask and what ranking system you subscribe too. That is better than we could have asked for after the 2 win season. If they get everybody on the wish list then they will hold their spot.

I'm still more concerned about the QB position than I am anything. I know a summer enrolee as a Grad Transfer is not a bad thing, but I would prefer a Grad Transfer that comes in now for the Spring.

I'm still holding out hope for Buechele. I don't think the big kid from Buffalo has announced and he looked pretty good. If I had to guess if Arkansas hasn't gotten a juco or grad transfer by signing day that Morris will give his former QB at SMU Hicks a call. 

Just now, txk85 said:

I'm still holding out hope for Buechele. I don't think the big kid from Buffalo has announced and he looked pretty good. If I had to guess if Arkansas hasn't gotten a juco or grad transfer by signing day that Morris will give his former QB at SMU Hicks a call. 

I believe the kid from Buffalo headed to the draft, at least that's what I read couple days ago. 

15 hours ago, txk85 said:

I am in total agreement when it comes to Buechele, he would definitely fit the Razorbacks needs of experience, mobility and moxy. I'm sure Ty Storey is a great kid and we all know he is tough, but he's just not an SEC caliber QB. He will be better next year for sure, the Offensive Line HAS to be better than it was this year and hopefully the Freshman Receivers will be difference makers, BUT I just don't think Storey is the answer. Hard for me to predict Arkansas winning more  than 4 or 5 games with Ty at the helm. I think Hicks would even be an upgrade, if only a slight one. Does Coach Morris even entertain the idea of bringing in De'Andre Johnson? He has not had any issues since Florida State and he seems to fit the bill as as far as skills. And is there is a spot open for a Grad Transfer Offensive lineman? Matt Jones from West Virginia is an interesting options, 2 year starter at Center.

16 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I am in total agreement when it comes to Buechele, he would definitely fit the Razorbacks needs of experience, mobility and moxy...

I hope someone gets some good use out of Buechele. He's a tough, classy kid.

As a Sooner I must despise him, but I've got a lot of respect for his character. 

This continues to be chatted about but has Buechele actually put his name on the transfer wire? I mean despite the new QB's coming in to Austin to go with Ehlinger and the 2 current redshirt-FR that Herman is trying to hang on to? Just wondering...I'd see Buechele as more the type that would go to the A&M-Commerce or even Mary Hardin-Baylor or Texas State if he does have a girlfriend there at UT that he wants to be near. Not that money again is an issue. At UMHB (Belton), he steps into a D3 national champ and could help wreck shop and show his skill. At Texas State, he'd be close to Austin and a place he feels comfortable.   

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

This continues to be chatted about but has Buechele actually put his name on the transfer wire? I mean despite the new QB's coming in to Austin to go with Ehlinger and the 2 current redshirt-FR that Herman is trying to hang on to? Just wondering...I'd see Buechele as more the type that would go to the A&M-Commerce or even Mary Hardin-Baylor or Texas State if he does have a girlfriend there at UT that he wants to be near. Not that money again is an issue. At UMHB (Belton), he steps into a D3 national champ and could help wreck shop and show his skill. At Texas State, he'd be close to Austin and a place he feels comfortable.   

I don't think Buechele has actually said he is transferring, most just assume.

De'Andre Johnson is an interesting player, wonder if he is on the radar.

24 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm going to say he goes to Maryland with Locksley.

Maryland would be a fit, to say Arkansas or Oklahoma as some have said is bonkers. he isn't a passing QB and those are pass friendly offenses...he's going somewhere he can be a run heavy - RPO offense to take advantage of his feet. what about Kansas State or even Iowa State to go into that rotation of QB's?

2 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Maryland would be a fit, to say Arkansas or Oklahoma as some have said is bonkers. he isn't a passing QB and those are pass friendly offenses...he's going somewhere he can be a run heavy - RPO offense to take advantage of his feet. 

Auburn would be a good fit.

39 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Maryland would be a fit, to say Arkansas or Oklahoma as some have said is bonkers. he isn't a passing QB and those are pass friendly offenses...he's going somewhere he can be a run heavy - RPO offense to take advantage of his feet. what about Kansas State or even Iowa State to go into that rotation of QB's?

People said that Murray would struggle passing before last season (me included) and it seemed to work out okay.

• Like 1

yes, but it's simply his motion and everything, he's totally not comfortable passing...it seems, even with the best OL in the US in front of him. he's throwing ducks, but hey he could be fixed I guess and turn into Kyler instead of them using the 5-star they brought in to start I just don't see that. I felt like Jalen saw Alabama change philosophy right in front of his eyes and his value to them was stripped...he wants to be valued

13 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Report: Arkansas starting QB Ty Storey's exploring transfer options https://t.co/w96uLHoUxs

Probably the best thing in the long run for the entire program. It would have been great if he could have won a few more games and been the bridge to the future. But, he was not capable of doing that this season and nothing indicated to me that the talent was there to do it next season. Time to cut our losses and move on to the next phase. It was obvious to me that CCM wanted Cole Kelley to win the job and when he proved that he didn't have the decision making abilities to do that then the season was lost. Nolland, Jefferson or a Grad Transfer (preferably Buechele) are better options than Storey. Storey is a FCS or Division II caliber QB.

2 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Probably the best thing in the long run for the entire program. It would have been great if he could have won a few more games and been the bridge to the future. But, he was not capable of doing that this season and nothing indicated to me that the talent was there to do it next season. Time to cut our losses and move on to the next phase. It was obvious to me that CCM wanted Cole Kelley to win the job and when he proved that he didn't have the decision making abilities to do that then the season was lost. Nolland, Jefferson or a Grad Transfer (preferably Buechele) are better options than Storey. Storey is a FCS or Division II caliber QB.

Our OL didn’t really help matters either. 

12 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Our OL didn’t really help matters either. 

No argument there, but the addition of the two JUCO transfers and the maturity of the young returners and the incoming freshman will hopefully fix that problem. Even though the O-Line was terrible, there just weren't those moments where you said this kid has IT.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, txk85 said:

I would think most of his options will come from the FCS or  D2 level. Probably do well at Arkansas tech or Henderson St.

I'm guessing he ends up at UCA or Arkansas State, but I'm not 100% sure he can excel at that level either. I tend to agree that Arkansas Tech, Henderson State, Ouachita Baptist or Southern Arkansas would be better destinations for him.