Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

16 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Dont blame him? He just got on Campus and bolts after a few losses and you dont blame the snowflake? He knew when he signed and committed that this program was rebuilding. Ridiculous.....NCAA needs to trash this Transfer Portal. If you dont honor your commitment you need to sit out a year, just like its always been.

Nope i absolutely do not blame him or others leaving. If you haven't noticed or been under a rock Arkansas is a dumpster fire and has been one for several years now with the exception of 2 average years. And that current coaching staff is more than likely fired after this season. There will be more players leave, good on em, hope they land in a more stable program. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

We will see. The NCAA had been allowing kids to transfer without sitting out. 

yeah, but I think the NCAA is trying hard to put that genie back in the bottle somewhat...as we saw once it got to say Bru McCoy, the NCAA slammed on it's brakes (which I believe is what allowed <the pressure and turmoil> or caused the move back to USC) and has denied or stalled until people have retracted (or accepted the year due to not getting a reply). I think that's the way the NCAA will handle many of these...slow play (no guarantee of timeframe of response) them and make players wait or retract.

17 hours ago, ramsn03 said:

He will have to sit out a year 

if he ends up at lsu or tulane im sure he'll get a waiver since hes from that area and likely will try to file a hardship waiver (whatever its called when you try to move closer to family).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Nope i absolutely do not blame him or others leaving. If you haven't noticed or been under a rock Arkansas is a dumpster fire and has been one for several years now with the exception of 2 average years. And that current coaching staff is more than likely fired after this season. There will be more players leave, good on em, hope they land in a more stable program. 

i think the only way Morris keeps his job is if he fires both craddock and chavis.  the next 2 games could be very bad but then they have miss st and western Kentucky two must win games. 4 wins may save Morris but this could have very easily been a 6+ win season. Arkansas could have finished 4 in the west but instead they may finish at the bottom.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

i think the only way Morris keeps his job is if he fires both craddock and chavis.  the next 2 games could be very bad but then they have miss st and western Kentucky two must win games. 4 wins may save Morris but this could have very easily been a 6+ win season. Arkansas could have finished 4 in the west but instead they may finish at the bottom.  

definitely disappointing...not sure what Coach Morris' buyout is but I would imagine it's doable for the Hogs. thing is, who would want to come racing in there at this point? Besides "The Hat"? I heard it talked about on ESPNU radio earlier this AM that Arkansas is the worst place in the SEC...even over Miss State (and they brought up facilities, recruiting, opportunity to win, and everything)...insinuated that Rutgers would be a more fruitful job. 

that being said...even breathed...if I were the higher ups at Arkansas, I'd be trying to find a place where I could actually compete for a championship often, and not for 4th place in my division. yes, I mean the Big 12!!! 

I doubt they would leave the almighty land of SEC SEC SEC, but when you are the uh hem, laughing stocks of the SEC except for track and baseball a little bit...then I'd be wanting a different address.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, txk85 said:

Gives it 2-4 more years. Then requires position coaching changes (one per year to generate false hope and buy time).  Then the coach is paid a bunch of money to go away.

4 hours ago, txk85 said:

4 wins may save Morris but this could have very easily been a 6+ win season. Arkansas could have finished 4 in the west but instead they may finish at the bottom.  

No excuse for the San Jose State game, but the a&m and Kentucky games could have been won and bowl eligibilty would be looking very promising right now.

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

definitely disappointing...not sure what Coach Morris' buyout is but I would imagine it's doable for the Hogs. thing is, who would want to come racing in there at this point? Besides "The Hat"? I heard it talked about on ESPNU radio earlier this AM that Arkansas is the worst place in the SEC...even over Miss State (and they brought up facilities, recruiting, opportunity to win, and everything)...insinuated that Rutgers would be a more fruitful job. 

that being said...even breathed...if I were the higher ups at Arkansas, I'd be trying to find a place where I could actually compete for a championship often, and not for 4th place in my division. yes, I mean the Big 12!!! 

I doubt they would leave the almighty land of SEC SEC SEC, but when you are the uh hem, laughing stocks of the SEC except for track and baseball a little bit...then I'd be wanting a different address.

his buyout is around $11 million if hes fired this yr. i think. the big problem is that arkansas is still paying off bielemas 12mill buyout until dec 2020.

12 minutes ago, txk85 said:

also about moving to the big 12, it wont happen until the longhorn network is up and the big 12 network is worked out. theres too much money in thesec to leave even if your football is bad.

Yes $$ root of all evil. I would love for Arkansas to go to the Big 12. Those rivalries would be fun. They aren't getting additional recruitment being in the Sec. The baseball and basketball programs would be comparable. Arkansas needs personal changes . Is jerry Jones's grandson never considered for the starting qb. He was good at Highland Park. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Yes $$ root of all evil. I would love for Arkansas to go to the Big 12. Those rivalries would be fun. They aren't getting additional recruitment being in the Sec. The baseball and basketball programs would be comparable. Arkansas needs personal changes . Is jerry Jones's grandson never considered for the starting qb. He was good at Highland Park. 

if all the conferences were paid the same then I'm sure they'd move tomorrow but i think there was around a 10 mill difference in the 2 conferences. im all for the move though, i think the baseball and basketball programs could compete right from the start and football well maybe we wouldnt be the worst team.

the way the 2 other qbs have played i would hope hes been considered. he is really small though and i dont think hes got a Murray/Mayfield/Brees arm. the one i cant believe they havent put in yet but i figure he'll get some time the final 4 games is the freshman Jefferson.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

KJ has the best upside of any QB on the roster. I hope he doesn't hit the portal but i wouldn't be surprised if it happened though. 

i figured them coming off the bye would have given them a chance to work on something with him but who knows....maybe next yr.

7 hours ago, txk85 said:

if all the conferences were paid the same then I'm sure they'd move tomorrow but i think there was around a 10 mill difference in the 2 conferences. im all for the move though, i think the baseball and basketball programs could compete right from the start and football well maybe we wouldnt be the worst team.

the way the 2 other qbs have played i would hope hes been considered. he is really small though and i dont think hes got a Murray/Mayfield/Brees arm. the one i cant believe they havent put in yet but i figure he'll get some time the final 4 games is the freshman Jefferson.

thing is, at these big programs...what the heck is $10 million? Jerry (@realjerryjones) could and would probably write a check for an additional $15 million a year added to whatever he's paying them now if they went back to the #Big12 and were competing for championships in a real way.

A&M won't make the move (because their nose gets out of joint with the Horns)...they are slightly more competitive in the SEC than Arkansas but in reality they have the same issue. now that they are pouring the $$ into their programs and facilities...and getting top notch recruits year in year out I'd want the real opportunity to win and get to the Final 4 or 8 (when it becomes that someday). think how beautiful their outlook would be w/o the murder's row they have now.

15 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

thing is, at these big programs...what the heck is $10 million? Jerry (@realjerryjones) could and would probably write a check for an additional $15 million a year added to whatever he's paying them now if they went back to the #Big12 and were competing for championships in a real way.

A&M won't make the move (because their nose gets out of joint with the Horns)...they are slightly more competitive in the SEC than Arkansas but in reality they have the same issue. now that they are pouring the $$ into their programs and facilities...and getting top notch recruits year in year out I'd want the real opportunity to win and get to the Final 4 or 8 (when it becomes that someday). think how beautiful their outlook would be w/o the murder's row they have now.

like i said once the longhorn network becomes the big12 network i think there's a better shot of them moving. 10mill isnt much for most of those donors but that money does help the nonrevenue sports.

34 minutes ago, txk85 said:

like i said once the longhorn network becomes the big12 network i think there's a better shot of them moving. 10mill isnt much for most of those donors but that money does help the nonrevenue sports.

I think they would already done that. What is the insentive for Texas ? That is a lot of $$ and pride for the sake of the conference.

my thing is...Fox Sports seems to have created channels for each of the teams now...OU and Ok State may be a bit combined, Kansas & Kansas State may be the same - I haven't paid close attention as I blow through those channels but if they split or if there was a Big 12 Network alongside a Longhorn Network...where both could be winners in some way. possibly agreeing to allow the Big 12 Network to show Longhorn stuff later, or something...I'm sure they could get in a room and hammer something out. it doesn't seem that dang hard. I've sat in on these athletics negotiations for facilities and media events and Lord...if they want it to happen, it could be done quick. 

as for A&M...I don't see them coming back even if it's best scenario in the world winning long range for them. they hate competing head to head for whatever reason --> even though the sniping at each other is nearly just as bad or worse, like feuding hillbillies saying "one day, one day..." (both groups Texas & Texas A&M). 

43 minutes ago, txk85 said:

as long as broyles was around it wasn't going to happen. its kind of died down now but for a while it looked like the big 12 could collapse and Arkansas wasn't about to leave the sec and then be stuck without a conference.

I would like to see them with Oklahoma Texas mostly . Arkansas had recent matchups with Tech and TCU. Schedule Lsu ,A&M , & Missouri in Non conference lol keeping those protected rivalries that sec loves. 

I must be honest, I personally hate having Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia --> for whatever weird reason I like Iowa State, but the sake of normalcy I'd be glad to cut them loose. 

In a perfect Big 12 world, we'd keep K-State & Iowa State, add Arizona, Arizona State somehow, add Arkansas, and I'd be favor of bringing one of UCF, BYU, or Houston...UCF would probably be that long term good add as they are on the rise in all sports as that university continues to grow tremendously in size.

43 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I must be honest, I personally hate having Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia --> for whatever weird reason I like Iowa State, but the sake of normalcy I'd be glad to cut them loose. 

In a perfect Big 12 world, we'd keep K-State & Iowa State, add Arizona, Arizona State somehow, add Arkansas, and I'd be favor of bringing one of UCF, BYU, or Houston...UCF would probably be that long term good add as they are on the rise in all sports as that university continues to grow tremendously in size.

I'd like to add Arkie, UCF, and (never happen) bring back Nebby. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AKA said:

I'd like to add Arkie, UCF, and (never happen) bring back Nebby. 

I would have mentioned them too for that natural Big 8, Oklahoma rivalry but I knew there was "too much ugly" to ever come back.

plus it always looked to me that the Big 10 totally set it that division up for Nebraska as a gimme if they ever get their junk straight again

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Kansas Basketball is the third most valuable thing the conference has. 

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Kansas Basketball is the third most valuable thing the conference has. 

but that is ALL they have, and if the Adidas junk continues it may deter a little...literally no other thing...maybe women's tennis now, but that's totally not revenue (a minus revenue sport) or something that pushes ANY decision