Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

20 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

He'll do much better as Bama's senior offensive analyst

Junior Offensive Analyst. Butch Jones won’t be leaving until he finishes collecting his buyout from Tennessee. Word is, Saban got a request from Beilemna a couple years ago offering to volunteer in the nutrition program as “quality control.” I think Nick declined. 

• LOL! 2

2 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Whoever takes this job should demand a Matt Rhule type contract. He originally got a 7 year contract from Baylor and I think that’s what it’ll take to attract a good coach. 

This is a huge rebuild for sure. Considering the schedule, they essentially have 4 losses minimum for the foreseeable future. Throw in two Mississippi schools and Missouri as probably losses for a while too. I mean that’s 7 losses a year fairly easily. Maybe go 2-5 on a good year vs those 5 permanent opponents with the way the program looks right now. This is going to be a struggle for a few years, and Arkansas needs to prepare for that. 

On 11/10/2019 at 3:03 PM, Champ1000 said:

You know he would . Arkansas couldn't do much worse. 

Hugh Freeze would be a top notch choice...if he'd make that jump...but again...as has been broken down. Arkansas has between 5 and 7 automatic losses a season on their schedule AT LEAST a year depending on their goofy schedule as is. I would move hell and Earth to get out of the SEC to have any opportunity to seem relevant again.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, Valhalla said:

Chandler Morris is committed to Arkansas for the 2020 class, but he possesses an offer from Oklahoma.

Oklahoma still does not have a QB in the 2020 class.

Saw he decommitted the other night.

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

That was to be expected. I've heard he wants to be an analyst or something at A&M for the time being. I think he's trying to guarantee his son gets an offer or something. 

smart move...I would NEVER have expected Jr Morris to have come in to Arkansas after Chad was fired! just like John Stephen Jones has some great ability for sure...Chandler Morris has a ton of skill. the SEC may not be a good fit for it. both guys don't have great size which make it difficult...but both were/are incredible winners and I can say as a coach, I wanted to load my team with those guys...that's the intangibles. those guys have found ways to win big games throughout their HS career. you can say, well that's HS...well, that's what they were playing at the time. they won at every level they have been a part of. I'll take that. I'd load my staff with coaches all day that have won at every level they've been a part of. sound familiar. not "slappies"...winners. winners will find a way to win usually if you give then a chance...it may not be pretty...MAY NOT BE FAIR (winners are looking for a way)...but winners tend to win in the end

Honestly, Les Miles is prolly the best available option and I’m not sure he touches it.  Hiring Art Briles would look desperate and slimy.  Hugh Freeze won at Ole Miss, but was dirty.  That would appear desperate and slimy.  Arkansas really shot themselves in the foot

23 minutes ago, txk85 said:

I keep seeing Matt Campbells name pop up. i guess hes had decent success at Iowa state. hasn't really ever coached in the south so I'm sure most arkys wont like him.

I don’t think Campbell would take it.  He’s already making more at Iowa State than morris was at Arkansas

On 11/15/2019 at 5:13 PM, DB2point0 said:

Honestly, Les Miles is prolly the best available option and I’m not sure he touches it.  Hiring Art Briles would look desperate and slimy.  Hugh Freeze won at Ole Miss, but was dirty.  That would appear desperate and slimy.  Arkansas really shot themselves in the foot

i've never been that big on Les, always thought his lsu teams under performed for the amount of talent that state has.

Don't underestimate how desperate Arkansas may be. Losing is getting old, bert and chad were nice guys but i think a lot of people are to the point of not caring if we have a jerk like petrino again as long as we have wins.

On 11/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think Campbell would take it.  He’s already making more at Iowa State than morris was at Arkansas

and has built up something in a winnable BIG 12, where if they did put something great together they go to a New Year's 6 Bowl. Arkansas, we've talked it to death...we're saying 7 wins is a great year...so what has to happen for them to get over the top. 

let's put something into perspective...Arkansas WANTS to be a national power (personally, stop huffing the glue manure mix)...it's been talked about to death on here that A&M is a 7 WIN type team now. Let's just think big picture style and see what it would take just to get Arkansas to the level A&M is RIGHT NOW. That's 7-8 wins and teams take them serious when it's their week on the schedule.

makes my head spin thinking all Arkansas would have to do...would it be possible considering their competition is constantly trying to improve as well.

that would make me say make a pact with "the devil"...take the bad press for a shocking hire...heck you already get bad press for putting trash on the field. 

as I told an AD during my first college interview, your athletic program is your best or worst school advertisement (new students & educational grant/research money, etc)...results are listed in every paper and now on the net, flashed on all our phones in seconds. if you aren't going to do ANYTHING IT TAKES to win, then shutter it. if you just want an activity, you have intramurals and those results aren't put in the newspaper.

3 hours ago, txk85 said:

i've never been that big on Les, always thought his lsu teams under performed for the amount of talent that state has.

Don't underestimate how desperate Arkansas may be. Losing is getting old, bert and chad were nice guys but i think a lot of people are to the point of not caring if we have a jerk like petrino again as long as we have wins.

If you call 11 wins and losing to Alabama underperforming...

What got Les Miles fired was his inability or unwillingness to change the offense to suit his talent.  Not his lack of success.

• Thanks 1