Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

17 minutes ago, txk85 said:

the plane tracking has slowed the past couple of days...not sure if thats a good sign or not.

the coaching search may be over... Kiffen may be a lock, but they won't break the news until after the CCG.  Who cares what happens after that, its going to be a mediocre bowl for FAU whether they win or lose despite only having 1-2 losses.

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

the coaching search may be over... Kiffen may be a lock, but they won't break the news until after the CCG.  Who cares what happens after that, its going to be a mediocre bowl for FAU whether they win or lose despite only having 1-2 losses.

Kiffen I believe has ties to Fayetteville but honestly Ole Miss is ready to win right now. I would take that job if I going to Sec West. Mizzou only cause its the East ( easier route). 

Barry Lunney now appears the favorite to be promoted to head coach at Ark. They must have been turned down a lot. I say give him the job or A new coach will obviously be rebuilding some, so it make sense to hire cheap with a coach that wants to do it. I think that they should have considered Bill Clark at UAB. They don't need to think national championship now, they need someone to solidy the program.

25 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

Barry Lunney now appears the favorite to be promoted to head coach at Ark. They must have been turned down a lot. I say give him the job or A new coach will obviously be rebuilding some, so it make sense to hire cheap with a coach that wants to do it. I think that they should have considered Bill Clark at UAB. They don't need to think national championship now, they need someone to solidy the program.

if Arkansas has the money, they should give Matt Rhule a call.  He just proved he can rebuild a program from rubble....

28 minutes ago, Champ1000 said:

UnlawfulHeartyChanticleer-size_restricte

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Kiffen is about to make himself unable to ever be a HC again after he fails at Ole Miss... 

Ole Miss is a weird place for him to wind up. Then again it is Kiffin. He’s made a lot of career blunders and this probably the next one. The West is gonna eat him up, especially that first Bama game. Saban is gonna unleash hell on him.

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

I still think they should make a run at Willie Fritz. It might take a year or 2, to develop the program but he's been a winner at every level.

Arkansas doesn’t need a sexy hire. Arkansas just needs a football coach. Willie Fritz, Bill Clark would be two great hires for them. They’d know what their limits are. They’re not coaching for National Championships. They’re not going to be winning head to head battles against the top tier SEC teams. Just be a legitimate 6 win team again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Arkansas doesn’t need a sexy hire. Arkansas just needs a football coach. Willie Fritz, Bill Clark would be two great hires for them. They’d know what their limits are. They’re not coaching for National Championships. They’re not going to be winning head to head battles against the top tier SEC teams. Just be a legitimate 6 win team again. 

Couldn't agree more. First order in being a big time program is being competitive. Expectations have to be reasonable and appropriate time frame given.

9 hours ago, Stoney said:

If Buddy is okay with Lunney, I’ll have to take his word for it. He probably knows more about him than I do.

Agree not really any better candidates that is better than the current intern . He played for Arkansas and was a captain of the team. Born and Raised a high. This is in his blood and dream job. I believe he makes the most of this opportunity and can possibly change the attitude of this team. 

2 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That’s good for the big time programs when it comes to recruiting O-linemen lol.

Yes I agree. Surprised by the move hopefully they keep the intern HC. This hire moves them in the right direction. Sometimes the flashy hire isn't what best for you. Hopefully Buddy likes the pick. I am interested in his take as well tx.