Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

let's put something into perspective...Arkansas WANTS to be a national power (personally, stop huffing the glue manure mix)..

those are the same people who think arkansas should hire urban meyer, im not saying not to but they think there would be a legit shot there. 

27 minutes ago, txk85 said:

those are the same people who think arkansas should hire urban meyer, im not saying not to but they think there would be a legit shot there. 

I don't think he'd take the job, because Arkansas needs a major rebuilding.  I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful over time, but I don't think they would give him enough time to build the program.  He would need 3-5 years, and I don't think he has the energy or patience for that, and neither does Arkansas.  They "believe" they can and should start winning tomorrow.  

19 hours ago, txk85 said:

i've never been that big on Les, always thought his lsu teams under performed for the amount of talent that state has.

Don't underestimate how desperate Arkansas may be. Losing is getting old, bert and chad were nice guys but i think a lot of people are to the point of not caring if we have a jerk like petrino again as long as we have wins.

Well right now the only ones I feel will touch it are the ones with nothing to prove.  The ones trying to make a name for themselves wont be certain they can make it to the third year. They’ll have to hire someone that has a proven pedigree to even attract recruits because right now recruits aren’t even giving Arkansas the time of day

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

(on Urban Meyer) I don't think he'd take the job, because Arkansas needs a major rebuilding.  I'm not saying he wouldn't be successful over time, but I don't think they would give him enough time to build the program.  He would need 3-5 years, and I don't think he has the energy or patience for that, and neither does Arkansas.  They "believe" they can and should start winning tomorrow.  

I nearly fell out of my chair that Urban Meyer and Arkansas would get brought up in the same hemisphere. 

Are you guys not looking at the names and their baggage we've been discussing in the Arkansas job talk...and not being sure anyone EXCEPT Coach Briles would accept it (and that's just because he is a football leper still and he'd take ANYTHING IN COLLEGE to work and prove himself). 

then you have:

Bobby Petrino ~ (already has his own Arkansas baggage, despite success in a different "SEC world")

Hugh Freeze ~ (another coach with sex baggage plus recruiting turmoil...but more legitimate SEC success)...could he have more success at Liberty w/o constant angst that would come w/ Arkansas job? what positive would the Arkansas job bring to his life?)

Bob Davie ~ (like Les Miles, may have a SEC death wish...just to want to get back to real football, but has his issues too)

Steve Sarkisian, Rich Rodriguez, Charlie Weis ~ (baggage...how bad do they want to be a head coach again?)

Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops ~ (they won't even take a call or respond to an email from Arkansas --> would treat it with the same "pleasure" as if it was a fake IRS scam call)

Mike Stoops (Kentucky), Lane Kiffin (FAU), Mike Norvell (Memphis), Josh Huepel (UCF), Billy Napier (Louisiana Lafayette), Mike Sanford (Western Kentucky), Kliff Kingsbury (NFL Arizona), PJ Fleck (Minnesota), Neal Brown (West Virginia), Matt Campbell (Iowa State), Joe Brady (LSU), Lovie Smith (Illinois) ~ all are in better situations now or are too wise even at this young point to not know someone better is also sniffing around.

could probably call:

Charlie Strong ~ (seriously...would be terrible, but that is the kind of prospects I think you're going to be getting response back from)

Les Miles ~ (if he has a death wish, has a bad advisor and is just dying to "end it" in the SEC)

Mike Leach ~ (just because he is always ready to make a move from Wash State...of course he's wacky and since he won this past week, he may be too hot again)

Seth Littrell (North Texas), Nick Rolovich (Hawaii), Jason Candle (Toledo) ~ (may be the younger, upward moving guys you could call willing to make the blind jump)

didn't care to mention Art Briles (who I'd think was call #1) or Willie Taggart (might be willing to rebuild a program, would see it in the same light as the rinky dinks he coached - if it doesn't cost him his buyout $)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Joe Brady (LSU)  ...  all are in better situations now or are too wise even at this young point to not know someone better is also sniffing around.

If I'm Arkansas, I would go ALL IN on Joe Brady. You'd basically be hiring a 30-year-old Mike Leach, but without all the weirdness and baggage. Brady has utterely transformed LSU almost immediately. You're talking about a one-year turnaround. I mean, yeah, Joe Burrow is talented, no doubt, but dude has been absolutely ridiculous this season under Brady.

Not saying Brady would make Arkansas a contender right away (ugh, that defense tho), but I guarantee you that the offense would be strikingly different.

There's also the recruiting piece in that he's coached up a Heisman winner. You may not steal any five stars from 'Bama and Clemson, but you'd dang sure pull in plenty of three- and four-star skilled players. 

Do it Arkie, back up the Brinks truck and hire Joe Brady. 

50 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

would any of the top FCS guys be a thought?

Curt Cignetti (James Madison, was a Alabama assistant for 4 yrs)

Brock Spack (Illinois State)

K.C. Keeler (Sam Houston, perennial winner in FCS)

Keeler needs to stay where he is. Right where he is. Never leaving Huntsville.

I think Briles is the best coach available, but is he worth the baggage?

2 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

I nearly fell out of my chair that Urban Meyer and Arkansas would get brought up in the same hemisphere. 

there will be people who will be extremely mad at yurechek when he hires someone other than urban or stoops. i've seen the comments "why arent we contacting stoops yet? why isnt urban on the list of candidates?" i know every fan base has these types but man i dont understand them sometimes.

10 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Are you guys not looking at the names and their baggage we've been discussing in the Arkansas job talk...and not being sure anyone EXCEPT Coach Briles would accept it (and that's just because he is a football leper still and he'd take ANYTHING IN COLLEGE to work and prove himself). 

then you have:

Bobby Petrino ~ (already has his own Arkansas baggage, despite success in a different "SEC world")

Hugh Freeze ~ (another coach with sex baggage plus recruiting turmoil...but more legitimate SEC success)...could he have more success at Liberty w/o constant angst that would come w/ Arkansas job? what positive would the Arkansas job bring to his life?)

Bob Davie ~ (like Les Miles, may have a SEC death wish...just to want to get back to real football, but has his issues too)

Steve Sarkisian, Rich Rodriguez, Charlie Weis ~ (baggage...how bad do they want to be a head coach again?)

Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops ~ (they won't even take a call or respond to an email from Arkansas --> would treat it with the same "pleasure" as if it was a fake IRS scam call)

Mike Stoops (Kentucky), Lane Kiffin (FAU), Mike Norvell (Memphis), Josh Huepel (UCF), Billy Napier (Louisiana Lafayette), Mike Sanford (Western Kentucky), Kliff Kingsbury (NFL Arizona), PJ Fleck (Minnesota), Neal Brown (West Virginia), Matt Campbell (Iowa State), Joe Brady (LSU), Lovie Smith (Illinois) ~ all are in better situations now or are too wise even at this young point to not know someone better is also sniffing around.

could probably call:

Charlie Strong ~ (seriously...would be terrible, but that is the kind of prospects I think you're going to be getting response back from)

Les Miles ~ (if he has a death wish, has a bad advisor and is just dying to "end it" in the SEC)

Mike Leach ~ (just because he is always ready to make a move from Wash State...of course he's wacky and since he won this past week, he may be too hot again)

Seth Littrell (North Texas), Nick Rolovich (Hawaii), Jason Candle (Toledo) ~ (may be the younger, upward moving guys you could call willing to make the blind jump)

didn't care to mention Art Briles (who I'd think was call #1) or Willie Taggart (might be willing to rebuild a program, would see it in the same light as the rinky dinks he coached - if it doesn't cost him his buyout $)

The reason I brought up Meyer is because they did bring in Danny Ford who was 4 years removed from Coaching at Clemson where he had success.  While he did resign from Clemson, because of disagreements he was out of the spotlight for 4 years, but even he couldn't get it done at Arkansas.  I remember being at the Independence Bowl on 9/13/97 and the Razorback fans had enough of him after that loss.  Sure enough he was gone after that year.  It should be interesting to say the least to see who they land.  

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Maybe Danny Ford, Lou Holtz, Tom Osborne, or Bobby Bowden will be up for it?

if not some big boosters could make calls on Jerry Sandusky...he had some good defenses I heard...for a long time too

😂

Speaking of good defense...  how about OJ Simpson?

• LOL! 1

18 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Maybe Danny Ford, Lou Holtz, Tom Osborne, or Bobby Bowden will be up for it?

if not some big boosters could make calls on Jerry Sandusky...he had some good defenses I heard...for a long time too

😂

Not sure how well Sandusky's hands on approach would work with kids these days...

• LOL! 1

36 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Alot of Lane Kiffin chatter the past several days, he's even started following some Arkansas recruits and higher-ups. Not sure if he's trolling or something is in the works. 

Just when you thought things could get worse at Arkansas...

E0349684-939C-4EE3-8A2A-0E04FF78ED5F.png