Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, txk85 said:

I would think most of his options will come from the FCS or  D2 level. Probably do well at Arkansas tech or Henderson St.

I'm guessing he ends up at UCA or Arkansas State, but I'm not 100% sure he can excel at that level either. I tend to agree that Arkansas Tech, Henderson State, Ouachita Baptist or Southern Arkansas would be better destinations for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

I'm guessing he ends up at UCA or Arkansas State, but I'm not 100% sure he can excel at that level either. I tend to agree that Arkansas Tech, Henderson State, Ouachita Baptist or Southern Arkansas would be better destinations for him.

was SW Illinois state tech whoever we actually beat this year FCS? he looked good against them so I'd suggests that level. all joking aside he seems like a good kid just probably in over his head and on a bad team but i do wish him the best. not sure about most schools in d2 Arkansas but think sau and Henderson both need qbs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Henderson State is probably a no-go. Adam Morse from Lamar University just transferred there, and he's better than Storey imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rakeem Boyd discusses future, contacts Jalen Hurts https://t.co/T6fD3OHuKw via @247sports

 

 

Hope Boyd recovers fully, no need for him to rush his rehab. 

 

 

WATCH: Chad Morris describes his 'vision' for Arkansas, modeled off Clemson https://t.co/3LIojbSKqx

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp here it is

 

 

Arkansas reportedly set to host SMU graduate transfer QB Ben Hicks https://t.co/RybDakB3tg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Welp here it is

 

 

Arkansas reportedly set to host SMU graduate transfer QB Ben Hicks https://t.co/RybDakB3tg

 

 

I think it is a done deal, he is a much better option than Storey was and better than anybody currently on the roster. He would be a good BRIDGE to KJ.

And, he will be on Campus for Spring practice.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

#Arkansas lands Grad Transfer QB Ben Hicks (FREE) https://t.co/ZUjvYIrFvJ #Hogs #Razorbacks #WPS #HammerDown #RazorFAST19

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

#Arkansas lands Grad Transfer QB Ben Hicks (FREE) https://t.co/ZUjvYIrFvJ #Hogs #Razorbacks #WPS #HammerDown #RazorFAST19

 

 

Is Jerry 's grandson ready to start. He seemed like pretty good QB at highland Park. Arkansas always has missed that. Honestly I could see them having a pretty good year like 9-3 . Is that too high of expectations?

  • Stinks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lion70 said:

Is Jerry 's grandson ready to start. He seemed like pretty good QB at highland Park. Arkansas always has missed that. Honestly I could see them having a pretty good year like 9-3 . Is that too high of expectations?

Heck no lol, was that a serious question?? 

 

9-3? I'll have whatever you're drinking during Happy Hour. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Heck no lol, was that a serious question?? 

 

9-3? I'll have whatever you're drinking during Happy Hour. 

Just saying 9-3 8-4 is should be more normal than 5-7 or 3-9 ect... I am more optimistic than most . 

  • Stinks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

STORY: 4-star safety Jalen Catalon set to decide (FREE): https://t.co/w5mbfGUpUb #HawgSports

 

@playactionpass39 keeping my fingers crossed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

#Arkansas lands Grad Transfer QB Ben Hicks (FREE) https://t.co/ZUjvYIrFvJ #Hogs #Razorbacks #WPS #HammerDown #RazorFAST19

 

 

yay....its an upgrade from whats on campus but thats about all.  at least he understands the system but with the questions still at o-line i was hoping a mobile qb would help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

STORY: 4-star safety Jalen Catalon set to decide (FREE): https://t.co/w5mbfGUpUb #HawgSports

 

@playactionpass39 keeping my fingers crossed. 

He would be a huge get. I'm hoping his teammates that we already have will have an impact on his decision, We need all the help we can get at DB.

What do you think of Hicks deciding to come? Definitely an improvement of Storey. He could be a nice BRIDGE to KJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

He would be a huge get. I'm hoping his teammates that we already have will have an impact on his decision, We need all the help we can get at DB.

What do you think of Hicks deciding to come? Definitely an improvement of Storey. He could be a nice BRIDGE to KJ.

He definitely knows the playbook so to me it's an upgrade, just gotta hope the OL does their job this upcoming season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pettway is leaving. Leaves a spot open for one of the young freshmen WRs to compete for. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Pettway is leaving. Leaves a spot open for one of the young freshmen WRs to compete for. 

not that big of a surprise but thought he would do more in this system. morris is cleaning house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This afternoon should be interesting. Stay tuned 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BOOM! Arkansas lands 4-star S Jalen Catalon over Texas, Oklahoma and TCU! #WPS

 

BREAKING: #Arkansas lands 4-star safety Jalen Catalon (FREE STORY): https://t.co/lUJyZYaYdD #HawgSports

 

Jalen Catalon will be the 29th new Hog on the Hill next season. Arkansas led his recruitment from the jump: https://t.co/Sxu41S0x0a #WPS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

BOOM! Arkansas lands 4-star S Jalen Catalon over Texas, Oklahoma and TCU! #WPS

 

BREAKING: #Arkansas lands 4-star safety Jalen Catalon (FREE STORY): https://t.co/lUJyZYaYdD #HawgSports

 

Jalen Catalon will be the 29th new Hog on the Hill next season. Arkansas led his recruitment from the jump: https://t.co/Sxu41S0x0a #WPS

 

I think he had an offer from every school in the south. I'm assuming his knee is rehabbing like it should and he will be ready for the fall.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody had a lil jab at another school

 

Arkansas masterfully trolls Texas, Tom Herman following commitment of Jalen Catalon https://t.co/KKaUJFhgyV

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

BOOM! Arkansas lands 4-star S Jalen Catalon over Texas, Oklahoma and TCU! #WPS

 

BREAKING: #Arkansas lands 4-star safety Jalen Catalon (FREE STORY): https://t.co/lUJyZYaYdD #HawgSports

 

Jalen Catalon will be the 29th new Hog on the Hill next season. Arkansas led his recruitment from the jump: https://t.co/Sxu41S0x0a #WPS

 

Actually, Texas led his recruitment most of the way, until late late in the year. That's even stated in the article you shared (among others), lol. It was after Arkansas signed two of his teammates that the tide turned in favor of Arkansas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Actually, Texas led his recruitment most of the way, until late late in the year. That's even stated in the article you shared (among others), lol. It was after Arkansas signed two of his teammates that the tide turned in favor of Arkansas. 

Not sure why she added that to the headline but oh well, he's a Hog now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good article from Trey Biddy

 

The Jalen Catalon commitment once again proves what I wrote about in December...Arkansas is NOT the toughest job in the SEC as some pundits like to say, it's just the most unique #wps (FREE): https://t.co/euMyh5UPZL

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arkansas coach Chad Morris salted the icy roads leading to his driveway so parents could safely drive to his house for last night's recruiting social. Read more here (FREE) #wps: https://t.co/RIJEJHwmQr

 

 

I originally thought this was a rumor, guess not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Arkansas coach Chad Morris salted the icy roads leading to his driveway so parents could safely drive to his house for last night's recruiting social. Read more here (FREE) #wps: https://t.co/RIJEJHwmQr

 

 

I originally thought this was a rumor, guess not. 

Not super surprised. Morris seems like a pretty good dude. Definitely the right coach for y'all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...