Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

former Florida QB Felipe franks is visiting this weekend. wasnt ever really that impressed with him but still think hed be an improvement. i thought he had already committed to kansas actually until i read he was visiting.

Didn't he have a very bad injury this past season?? I'd be very careful. 

7 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

thing is, without some good school "calling" on him, he may realize and head on back to Hogtown...

he sounds home sick. not sure what the closest school is to Jefferson  but if i was them id be calling him.

The Razorbacks added their first commit from the Sunshine State this afternoon: https://t.co/uHqtqzV3Ro #WPS

Finally dipping into Florida with this staff. 

Also got these 2 today: Arkansas lands linebacker commitment https://t.co/Xo3ButJCvl via @247sports

Johnson commits to Arkansas https://t.co/p7k9VdiosN via @247sports

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Former Florida Gators QB Felipe Franks has transferred to Arkansas.

They've got some nice skill guys.  Not sure the OL situation looks like, but that's Pittman's specialty.  Could be a decent offense, you know Briles will take some shots down the field.

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

They've got some nice skill guys.  Not sure the OL situation looks like, but that's Pittman's specialty.  Could be a decent offense, you know Briles will take some shots down the field.

Speaking of OL they had a 5star kid thats committed to Georgia on campus this weekend, i think Pittman can flip him. 

17 hours ago, Stoney said:

Former Florida Gators QB Felipe Franks has transferred to Arkansas.

17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Feleipe Franks transfers from Florida to Arkansas https://t.co/RT3USbgPQV https://t.co/nKzltBQlHj

That's a good get for the piggies...  not sure if that makes them bowl eligible in Year 1, but Franks is a big, tough and athletic senior, who won't be cowed by tough opposition.

Arkie could at least throw a scare into some folks here and there. 

7 minutes ago, AKA said:

That's a good get for the piggies...  not sure if that makes them bowl eligible in Year 1, but Franks is a big, tough and athletic senior, who won't be cowed by tough opposition.

Franks isn't an awful QB.  I feel like Florida wants someone to come in and take over like Tebow did after Chris Leak.  My thought is that you don't have a Spurrier or Meyer who knows QBs like they did so you don't and won't have those type of QBs until you have another coach like that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Franks isn't an awful QB.  I feel like Florida wants someone to come in and take over like Tebow did after Chris Leak.  My thought is that you don't have a Spurrier or Meyer who knows QBs like they did so you don't and won't have those type of QBs until you have another coach like that.

Agree.

In my opinion the last few QBs Florida has started have been more than adequately talented to lead the Gators to success. Supporting cast/scheme just hasn't been there. 

24 minutes ago, AKA said:

At least he's a more accurate passer than anyone else we currently have, our WRs should have fun long as the OL does their job. 

Like I've said before: if Pittman gets us to 6 wins or more year-1 he's coach of the year and it wont be close. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Like I've said before: if Pittman gets us to 6 wins or more year-1 he's coach of the year and it wont be close. 

I'd be on board with that.

But I think the biggest goal this season is the "eye test." Arkie can go something like 3-9 this season and still be optimistic if they lose in close, competitive ballgames. 

• Like 2

Dare I say it? I think Arky has had a solid offseason. Good transfer QB. Coaching hire was lackluster but he’s gone on to hire two decent coordinators, so that’s bumped the HC up in my book. Question is now, can they recruit? Will they be here long enough to recruit their guys? 

3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

At least he's a more accurate passer than anyone else we currently have, our WRs should have fun long as the OL does their job. 

If Pittman can come in and keep them competitive in games that’ll be a huge start. Been awhile since they were able to say that.

• Like 1

On 1/20/2020 at 6:05 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Speaking of OL they had a 5star kid thats committed to Georgia on campus this weekend, i think Pittman can flip him. 

i think he stays with georgia but the trip has made him think. if pittman can get some of these kids to just take a visit to fayetteville theyll realize its not just a bunch of moonshiners and pig farms.

• Like 1