Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

On 2/19/2020 at 11:30 AM, CoachPelvisPresley said:

so...you think they (Razorback fans/boosters) will give him 2 plus years with no rocky discontent? 

just show improvement. MOST arkansas fans are about as realistic now as i have ever seen. if the chad had shown some improvement this year he would probably still be the coach but they looked worse almost every week.

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2020 at 3:30 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Dates for spring practices, Pro Day and the spring game have been released: https://t.co/19IyMXQeLO #WPS

i think its a blessing the sec denied the spring game being played in little rock. spring games have become a big recruiting day and not being able to host recruits in Little Rock would only hurt the program.

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

well maybe being able to host in little rock would hurt the program too!

Little Rock is pretty, but I feel like there is more to do on their campus than there is to do in the rest of the entire state combined...

3 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Little Rock is pretty, but I feel like there is more to do on their campus than there is to do in the rest of the entire state combined...

im just saying if you get one official visit with a kid and he comes and sees war memorial in little rock then the next weekend he goes to a&m or lsu its night and day difference. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, txk85 said:

im just saying if you get one official visit with a kid and he comes and sees war memorial in little rock then the next weekend he goes to a&m or lsu its night and day difference. 

I've said long time ago it doesn't make any sense to play in Little Rock. 

And honestly i agree with an article i was reading awhile back: home-and-home with A&M and play Missouri in Arlington instead for our home game since we'll be playing them in KC on the road. 

17 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

And honestly i agree with an article i was reading awhile back: home-and-home with A&M and play Missouri in Arlington instead for our home game since we'll be playing them in KC on the road. 

i think the a&m contract is up in a few years. i figure with both stadiums having undergone big renovations recently that it will go to home and home. Kc is closer to fayetteville than Arlington wouldnt mind just making that a yearly deal but i figure Jerry wants his hogs in his house so maybe a another old swc team at jerry world. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 3:52 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

some traditions are better staying in the past

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2020 at 4:45 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Recruiting for 2021 is really off to the races, Pittman and company putting in work. 

doing good so far in arkansas and oklahoma. hope they can start to make some progress in texas. lots of east texas talent that i wish would go to the hill.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We just got a commitment from a 6'8 300lbs OLman outta Louisiana. That makes 5 commits within the last two weeks. 12 commits total. 25th in the nation, 7th in the SEC. That'll go up as we add more commits. Man this coaching staff isn't lazy at all. 

28 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

We just got a commitment from a 6'8 300lbs OLman outta Louisiana. That makes 5 commits within the last two weeks. 12 commits total. 25th in the nation, 7th in the SEC. That'll go up as we add more commits. Man this coaching staff isn't lazy at all. 

We will have to see if they manage to hold on the all of them if this premier schools in the states that the kids are from decide to come after them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Valhalla said:

If that kid doesn’t go to SMU then he will be a Sooner.

i could understand that or texas, lsu, bama. just dont see a kid so highly ranked choosing to go the non power5 route.

18 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i could understand that or texas, lsu, bama. just dont see a kid so highly ranked choosing to go the non power5 route.

There is a real pull from SMU right now for a lot of those top Dallas kids. 

SMU is a real threat for Wheaton the #1 RB in the nation in the 2021 class.

Ra'Shaad Samples at SMU is a helluva recruiter.  Why these guys are even looking at SMU.  Wish Herman would have hired him as the WR Coach.  Wheaton and Byrd would be Texas commits/heavy leans right now if Samples was on staff.

1 hour ago, Red90fly said:

Ra'Shaad Samples at SMU is a helluva recruiter.  Why these guys are even looking at SMU.  Wish Herman would have hired him as the WR Coach.  Wheaton and Byrd would be Texas commits/heavy leans right now if Samples was on staff.

so one of the bigger schools in the area will come and hire him away this next year.