Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Do you feel confident. I heard the press with Pittman on YouTube. The hire seems like a good fit. Arkansas needs and wants stability and being competitive. I believe if A&M plays poorly like the vandy game then Arkansas has a legitimate opportunity. Aggies have an impressive streak in the series . 2012-2019

Confident? No. 

Hopeful with fingers crossed? Yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Something to consider Arkansas has been very lucky in the turnover battle and A&M the opposite . Run spiller protect the football is key to victory.

I alluded to this earlier but Arkansas doesn't really do anything particularly well. They don't hurt themselves much though. Arkansas will need to win the turnover battle by 2 to win this game. They don't do anything well enough to beat A&M without forcing a few TOs and playing mistake free. 

I think the arkansas cinderella story is hyping them up to be better than they are. One half of football against an asleep georgia team a game against a very down auburn team has lead people to make them their cinderella pick of the year. Don't buy it. This team will struggle to finish .500. This is more about the media waiting for A&M to choke than it is about Arkansas. 

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I am getting good at calling Arkansas upsets. Good seeing the the hogs come back and showing heart.

That game certainly wasn't an upset lol. Tennessee hasn't been Tennessee in a long time, since Fulmer was HC imo. Now this game at The Swamp on Saturday, if we win, that'll be an upset. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

At least the games have been watchable this year.  The Razorbacks have been competitive in most games and have shown vast improvement over the last few seasons.  Very happy with the job Sam Pittman has done and look forward to good things in future seasons.  They definitely need to learn how to finish though.

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2020 at 9:50 AM, unclebubba said:

At least the games have been watchable this year.  The Razorbacks have been competitive in most games and have shown vast improvement over the last few seasons.  Very happy with the job Sam Pittman has done and look forward to good things in future seasons.  They definitely need to learn how to finish though.

That comes with time. 

In Jimbo's first year, that's what he kept preaching after games. Learning to finish. A&M is just starting to get that down. I think Arkansas will too. Even when they did it against Ole Miss, that game ended up being closer than it should've been. 

• Like 1