Razorbacks 2020 Thread

MrBuddyGarrity

16 hours ago, topher805 said:

The whole saga with King is kinda crazy. Took a redshirt when it became obvious UH was going to be terrible. I understand Holgersons premise, but most people in Houston feel King is gone despite what he has been saying publicly. Also, his dad has been out saying he is gone...If it isn't Oklahoma, my next best guess would be Arkansas

if King wants to go to Oklahoma we'll take rattler in Arkansas!

• LOL! 2

For a first time head coach, Pittman has done a decent job with his OC and DC hires. A older o-line coach gets two young guys with either SEC experience or Texas ties. If Arkansas could stay out of his way, let him get his type of guys on campus while playing with the last of Bielema’s guys and who Morris was trying to build with, they might have a shot at being a .500 team in a few years. 

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

For a first time head coach, Pittman has done a decent job with his OC and DC hires. A older o-line coach gets two young guys with either SEC experience or Texas ties. If Arkansas could stay out of his way, let him get his type of guys on campus while playing with the last of Bielema’s guys and who Morris was trying to build with, they might have a shot at being a .500 team in a few years. 

I believe Arkansas will be decent next year. Depends on what personal . When I say decent 6-6 is the biggest goal! Gotta get the right qb and established that line. A graduate transfer would really would be great for Arkansas. I also read that Boyd is coming back for his Sr year. 

On 12/25/2019 at 3:33 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Don't forget the transfer RB Smith from Arizona State will be able to play as well. 

i watched him in some scrimmages before the season and he looked really good, like easily #2 back last yr if he would have been eligible.

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 5:33 AM, Champ1000 said:

I believe Arkansas will be decent next year. Depends on what personal . When I say decent 6-6 is the biggest goal! Gotta get the right qb and established that line. A graduate transfer would really would be great for Arkansas. I also read that Boyd is coming back for his Sr year. 

6-6? They will be lucky to win 3 games. Where is this optimism coming from...

3 hours ago, eagle34 said:

6-6? They will be lucky to win 3 games. Where is this optimism coming from...

6-6 isn't really that hard to come by. 4 occ wins plus two sec games. New staff better than this year . Get a reliable qb is half that battle. A graduate transfer would be huge. 6-6 is a reasonable expectation . 

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Champ1000 said:

6-6 isn't really that hard to come by. 4 occ wins plus two sec games. New staff better than this year . Get a reliable qb is half that battle. A graduate transfer would be huge. 6-6 is a reasonable expectation . 

I don't see them beating Notre dame so that leaves Nevada, Charleston-southern and ULM for non conference. Alabama, auburn, lsu are losses. i think the rest of the games could be toss ups.

after the past couple of seasons i wont say anything is a sure thing. they could win 2 they could win 7 i dont know how to predict Arkansas football anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, txk85 said:

I don't see them beating Notre dame so that leaves Nevada, Charleston-southern and ULM for non conference. Alabama, auburn, lsu are losses. i think the rest of the games could be toss ups.

after the past couple of seasons i wont say anything is a sure thing. they could win 2 they could win 7 i dont know how to predict Arkansas football anymore.

Ole Miss can't get worse, Ms State will still be decent, Auburn isn't dropping off much, Bama will reload, LSU will reload, A&M can't get worse...  Arkansas, while they can't get worse, was already worse than the other teams that should all improve or reload... so that leaves Tennessee, UL-Monroe, Charleston Southern, Nevada and Notre Dame...

Notre Dame- still legit
Nevada- a decent team (finished 7-5 this year)
UL Monroe- 5-7... winnable
Charleston Southern- probably the only lock
Tennessee- the Arkansas of the East... Seems like they should be good every year, tons of money, solid fan base, but wet the bed so much that even the plastic sheets absorb water.  Still more talent there than what is at U of Ark.

Give me 2-10 next year for Arkansas.  I wouldn't care if Saban was coaching them... this is going to be bad.

On 12/27/2019 at 11:22 AM, Champ1000 said:

If we go 6-6 just hand Pittman coach of the year. 

I think 4 wins is reasonable for the 1st year. I expect 6-6 his 2nd year maybe, depends on QB/OL play. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If we go 6-6 just hand Pittman coach of the year. 

I think 4 wins is reasonable for the 1st year. I expect 6-6 his 2nd year maybe, depends on QB/OL play. 

I’ve already said that I expect 3 wins.  Anything over that and he has done great 

On 12/30/2019 at 2:23 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

#Baylor and #Arkansas among the programs battling for the top uncommitted QB in the country Malik Hornsby who talks about each program while checking in for the All-American Bowl: https://t.co/m23L5lIXuA

Didn't know we were still in the mix for this kid. 

that would be huge get figure if they do then KJ would be in the portal soon after. 

• Like 1

write up about Horndsby at the all american practices this week.

QB Malik Hornsby (221): Hornsby came into this week as almost an afterthought as a passer. He’s so highly regarded as an athlete and there are such big names in this quarterback class that his throwing ability wasn’t something that we anticipated being a storyline but he has been outstanding. He’s a natural thrower with a quick release that has been very accurate throughout the week and had another good day Thursday. Considering that Saturday will unlock his significant athletic traits, the uncommitted prospect is definitely a stock up player.

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

King just officially announced that he is hitting the transfer portal. 

I thought Arkansas had some pretty good WR's last season that all return, plus Boyd at RB.  Adding King could make yall's offense pretty good if Pittman makes improvement with the OL ( no idea what you guys have returning ).