Cowboys @ Los Angeles ***NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND***

Cowboys Playoffs  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Los Angeles Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 01:15 AM

Well, here we go, Cowboys vs the Rams. I'm glad we got the Rams instead of the Saints, thanks to a missed kick by the Bears in the last seconds against the Eagles. This will be the first time since 1985 when these two have met in the playoffs. I like our chances. Thoughts?? 

Of course I'm rolling with my 'Boys!!! 

I think they have a better chance to advance playing the Rams in this round. And I think there will be ALOT of Cowboys fans at the stadium in LA, so it'll almost feel like a home game. 

They'll probably see the Saints anyway in the next round. (if/when they win)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClawNAntler said:

If Dallas shuts down their run game I don’t think Goff will beat them. Rams defense not as good as Saints but Donald is a handful

Yea, I think Gurley was kinda gimpy towards the end of the season. But they gave him some time off plus the bye. He should be well rested. 

I think if Dallas plays their "A" game on defense then they've got a really good shot at getting the win. 

Dallas offense has to be effecient in their passing & run game. Sustain drives. Be effective in the red zone...touchdowns not fieldgoals. Let Zeke eat ALOT, which I think he can. 

• Like 1

Just a cursery look at the Rams schedule I get the impression, that their schedule was softer than the Cowboys. The teams that have the good defense, they squeaked by or lost to. The rest of the schedule was against teams that were not good.

I truly believe, the Rams have not gone against a team with the superior defense that Dallas has. Dallas throttled Seattles number one running offense in the league . Literally shut it down. I like what sports writer  Keith Russell had to say about the Dallas defense . He said "the Cowboys have more team speed on defense than some of their opponents do on offense". Everyone  brags about the Bears defense, with Khalil Mack, but they just got beat by Philly. 

This all may be just pie in the sky because I have seen in the past, that it depends on which Cowboy team shows up on game day. But, I truly do believe this is a different Cowboy team than in the past. We'll see.

Go Cowboys.  🤠  

Edited by Newtonres7586
correct a quote
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

But, I truly do believe this is a different Cowboy team than in the past. We'll see.

Go Cowboys.  🤠  

Win or lose next week this Cowboy team has made positive strides. I’m not going to be one that says same old Cowboys if they lose to the Rams. I’m sure the negative ones will. But to them Dallas was not even suppose to be playing this past sat.and here they are. 8-1 over their last 9 games

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

Win or lose next week this Cowboy team has made positive strides. I’m not going to be one that says same old Cowboys if they lose to the Rams. I’m sure the negative ones will. But to them Dallas was not even suppose to be playing this past sat.and here they are. 8-1 over their last 9 games

That is true, and my sentiments exactly.

4 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Rams by double-digits (hopefully 30+). Waited all season for this matchup. 

Hhhmm...its possible the Rams beat the Cowboys by double digits (10-14 points). I think alot would have to go wrong for the 'Boys like multiple turnovers by the offense and a subpar performance by the defense. Imo, I think if Dallas loses, it'll be by 7 or less. 

Everybody points to the Cowboys losing to Tennessee earlier in the season as a bad loss where the offense & defense played poorly. And that score was 28-14. 

NO WAY the Rams beat the Cowboys by 30+. If that happens I'll gladly take a second heapin' of crow. 

• Like 1

As it turns out after the Bears/Eagles game, Eagles’ defensive lineman Treyvon Hester told reporters that he had tipped the kick with his left hand, sending it off course. And now, the NFL agrees. The league has officially changed the scoring of the play, giving Hester credit for a block.

I know we might play the Saints later, but for now, I don't care how it happen, I'm glad the field goal was no good. lol

7 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Rams by double-digits (hopefully 30+). Waited all season for this matchup. 

I don't see the Rams putting up 30+ on this defense. Other then the Colts game, Dallas' D has been playing lights out since the Titans game.

I see this as a close match up.  It's a toss up to me, and can go either way.  We can't leave points on the field while in the red zone to win this game.  Every opportunity to score is a must, and then I think we'll win it.  If we have turnovers or missed field goals the Rams will take it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I see this as a close match up.  It's a toss up to me, and can go either way.  We can't leave points on the field while in the red zone to win this game.  Every opportunity to score is a must, and then I think we'll win it.  If we have turnovers or missed field goals the Rams will take it.  

That’s gonna be a huge part of this game is the red zone scoring. I think our defense can do a good job matching up with the Rams offense. Like you said Dave, we have to convert in the red zone. Maher can’t have more points than Zeke or Dak. 

• Like 1

Early in the season the Rams were much better but that was then and this is now. Rams are giving up 5.1 yards a rush so I expect a big game from Zeke. Cowboys have an edge on defense. I think Dak does what Dak does...be average for three quarters but then makes a big play or two in the 4th. Im not quite ready to make a prediction...but I am leaning towards Dallas.

This game might be in LA, but the Coliseum will be considered a home game for the 'Boys. The Rams didn't finish the season strong, and they have a qb and head coach who have never won a playoff game. I'm still a little skeptical about our offense scoring points, but I'm a full believe that Dak is a real winner! The Rams run D is ranked 23rd, so expect Zeke to get a lot of carries.

Our defense is absolutely nasty. I hope they continue that aggressive play. I would love to see the Eagles at home in the NFC Championship and stuff em again for the 3rd time.

Go Cowboys!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Doomer said:

So will we face the Saints or Eagles the next week ya think?

I'm gonna do what I don't normally do. Make a prediction. 

The Saints will beat Philadelphia 

The  Cowboys will beat the Rams

The Saints will beat the Cowboys

The Chargers will beat the Patriots 

The Colts will beat the Chiefs,

The Saints will beat the Colts in the Super Bowl, which will be a great ball game.

As judge Roy Bean used to say. "And that's my rulin'."

• LOL! 1