Cowboys @ Los Angeles ***NFC DIVISIONAL ROUND***

Cowboys Playoffs  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Dallas Cowboys
    • Los Angeles Rams

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/13/2019 at 01:15 AM

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 5:17 AM, ClawNAntler said:

Win or lose next week this Cowboy team has made positive strides. I’m not going to be one that says same old Cowboys if they lose to the Rams. I’m sure the negative ones will. But to them Dallas was not even suppose to be playing this past sat.and here they are. 8-1 over their last 9 games

I'm still not sold.  Sure I hope the Cowboys keep winning.    It wasn't 6 weeks ago 90% of us were in agreement that Jason Garrett needed to go.    It is still true. All this has done is prolong the agony of a decade-long Jones-Garrett puppet show.

Dallas has a fantastic group of young stars (especially on the defensive side).  There is an unlimited potential here...…..it won't happen with Red as the coach.    Book it.  To buy into this fantasy is to believe Jason suddenly discovered how to really coach halfway through this year.  I ain't buying it

11 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I'm still not sold.  Sure I hope the Cowboys keep winning.    It wasn't 6 weeks ago 90% of us were in agreement that Jason Garrett needed to go.    It is still true. All this has done is prolong the agony of a decade-long Jones-Garrett puppet show.

Dallas has a fantastic group of young stars (especially on the defensive side).  There is an unlimited potential here...…..it won't happen with Red as the coach.    Book it.  To buy into this fantasy is to believe Jason suddenly discovered how to really coach halfway through this year.  I ain't buying it

well whether it's a fantasy or not this team is playing well and I  and support all involved. I think Kris Richard has played a huge role for them. it remains to be seen if all comes crashing down next year but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy this

5 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Totally agree with enjoying the winning.    I’m just ready to pull the plug on Jason

if the Cowboys win tomorrow night and make it to the NFC Championship game, then I say keep him another year.  I was ready to fire him 5 games into the season, but I knew we needed a receiver bad.  I still think we need another to push Gallup to become a #2.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  I'm still sort of worried.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

if the Cowboys win tomorrow night and make it to the NFC Championship game, then I say keep him another year.  I was ready to fire him 5 games into the season, but I knew we needed a receiver bad.  I still think we need another to push Gallup to become a #2.  We'll see what happens tomorrow.  I'm still sort of worried.  

I agree. You wouldn’t think he would fire him if they beat the Rams. Probably won’t if they lose either.  Not sure what all has taken place the second half of the season but things have really turned around  I think you wait and see how the season starts off next year  but we all know there could be new personnel next year and don’t know how that will affect things especially with coaching. May lose some key assistants. 

On the flipside it would be interesting to see if the Cowboys beat the Rams I wonder if they will be calling for McVays head after being the #2 seed two years in a row and being one and done. I think it’s like an article I read the most pressure is on them Dallas is not even suppose to be here 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I think the pressure is on the team with a 5-game divisional round losing streak currently. 

Idk...there is pressure on everyone at this point but I think there is more on the Rams just because back in Sept and Oct everyone was already penciling them into the SB.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 7:24 PM, THSfanatic said:

20 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

Totally agree with enjoying the winning.    I’m just ready to pull the plug on Jason

I'm afraid I have some bad news for ya. If this link works, this is a weird web site.

Cowboys Rumors: Jason Garrett Contract Extension Planned for Offseason

This is on "Bleacher Report." I couldn't get the link to work.

Edited by Newtonres7586
Explanation

48 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

But all that’s important right now is the game tonight. Hope Dallas plays well and they will have a good chance

I agree, and I don't mean to jinx the Cowboys, but I have watched three LA games. The Cardinals, Saints, and the Chiefs. In none of those games was Donald a deciding factor. By my count he had zero sacks. I watched him closely, but didn't try to count the tackles. In the Saints game they double teamed him very effectively, and I didn't see Suh make up the difference. They beat the Chiefs because  Mahomes threw two horrible interceptions at the end of the game. I didn't check the stats, but I highly doubt that Gurley had anyway near a hundred yards in any game I saw.

I may live to eat my words, but I just don't see the Rams beating Dallas. However, emotions can play a big part in any game. I know Robert Woods is all fired up over the fact that writers are calling LA "soft." 

Go Cowboys 

Edited by Newtonres7586
Delete emojie

51 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I agree, and I don't mean to jinx the Cowboys, but I have watched three LA games. The Cardinals, Saints, and the Chiefs. In none of those games was Donald a deciding factor. By my count he had zero sacks. I watched him closely, but didn't try to count the tackles. In the Saints game they double teamed him very effectively, and I didn't see Suh make up the difference. They beat the Chiefs because  Mahomes threw two horrible interceptions at the end of the game. I didn't check the stats, but I highly doubt that Gurley had anyway near a hundred yards in any game I saw.

I may live to eat my words, but I just don't see the Rams beating Dallas. However, emotions can play a big part in any game. I know Robert Woods is all fired up over the fact that writers are calling LA "soft." 

Go Cowboys 

Well it’s going to be tough and I’m sure both teams know what they need to do in order to win. It will be decided on the field. If the Cowboys defense is dominant like last week and the one we saw against the Saints I like the Cowboys chances.  One thing that worries me is those games were at home and not on the road I’m also concerned about Beasley’s and Jarwin health

44 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

Well it’s going to be tough and I’m sure both teams know what they need to do in order to win. It will be decided on the field. If the Cowboys defense is dominant like last week and the one we saw against the Saints I like the Cowboys chances.  One thing that worries me is those games were at home and not on the road I’m also concerned about Beasley’s and Jarwin health

You are absolutely right. Cowboys defense is the key. In my mind the linebackers are going to have to make the difference. LA is big on play action passes, obviously trying to draw the backers in. However Smith and VE are both fast enough to lay back to protect against short drag routes, and out patterns. Besides that Gurley has to get past  the Cowboys front four first.  But, they better watch out for Gurley on delayed routes out in the flat off play action. There he can hurt you. The one outstanding thing I saw in the Kansas City game, was the success they had with their tight end. Kelce smoked their behinds. I was watching that and thinking, Boy it sure would be nice to have Jason Whitten on the roster, or at least a healthy Jarwin. I read where he is working his tail off to get the docs to get him off the injured list, so he can play. I don't see him playing though. Reports are he has a serious ankle injury.

I think Richard has the defense backfield ready and willing. Should be an outstanding game. 

Go Cowboys 🙏  

Edited by Newtonres7586
Change a word

2 hours ago, ClawNAntler said:

Yep he’s coming back but I think we all knew that considering where they are right now 

I think he was coming back one way or the other unless they ended up something like 4-12.

But I really do think the Cowboys have a 50:50 shot here.  I'm thinking they are going to pull this off something like 24-20

Well sir:  According  to espn both Beasley, and Jarwin will be Active for the game tonite, with Jarwin having a better chance of playing. 

That doesn't surprise me because I read where Beasley has a high ankle sprain. It takes awhile to get over those. I hope Jarwin is healthy enough to be effective.

34 minutes ago, Newtonres7586 said:

You are absolutely right. Cowboys defense is the key. In my mind the linebackers are going to have to make the difference. LA is big on play action passes, obviously trying to draw the backers in. However Smith and VE are both fast enough to lay back to protect against short drag routes, and out patterns. Besides that Gurley has to get past  the Cowboys front four first.  But, they better watch out for Gurley on delayed routes out in the flat off play action. There he can hurt you. The one outstanding thing I saw in the Kansas City game, was the success they had with their tight end. Kelce smoked their behinds. I was watching that and thinking, Boy it sure would be nice to have Jason Whitten on the roster, or at least a healthy Jarwin. I read where he is working his tail off to get the docs to get him off the injured list, so he can play. I don't see him playing though. Reports are he has a serious ankle injury.

I think Richard has the defense backfield ready and willing. Should be an outstanding game. 

Go Cowboys 🙏  

I saw where Jarwin and Beasley are both going to be active. 

• Like 1

OK I think this is going to be my last post before the game 😀 I’m ready. Yes Dallas is 3-5 on the road but 3-1 since they got Cooper. Out of the Rams 13 wins only 4  of those are against playoff teams and two of them were against Seattle others were close one against the Chiefs  and they beat the Chargers early in the season.  Their three losses were all against playoff teams. 3 of the Cowboys losses were against playoff teams and 3 of their wins against playoff teams.  Other than that bad hiccup against the Colts this team has been playing very well the whole second half of the season.  Anyway enough of the hype  let’s play ball