sackem

Girls Bi-District results:

Huntington 52 Palestine 47 final

Jasper 60 Mexia 57 final

Center 30 Rusk 35 final

Carthage 33 Fairfield 79 final

Girls District 20-4A Area round:

#19 Huntington vs Waco Connally on Friday, Feb 15, 7p at Athens

Jasper vs #7 Midlothian Heriitage on Friday, Feb. 15, 6:30p at Sam Houston State University

11 hours ago, maxjean said:

THAT SCORE WAS WAY CLOSER THAN I WOULD HAVE EXPECTED CROCKETT GIRLS ARE WAY DOWN AND I MEAN WAY DOWN FROM YEARS PAST.

Yeah franklin girls had a horrible game... They couldnt hit a shot and they normally hit alot of 3s... Like 10 to 13 a game.... But both teams hit almost every free throw they had... I didnt expect for the game to get that close either... Franklin was up by 19 with about 2 mins left when they pulled the starters but if they would have been playin like they normally do they should have been up by 30+.... Hopefully they get this bad game out of the way and get back to playin great basketball.... Our girls are now 34-1 on the year

Boys 20A vs 19A Bi-District round Schedules:

Carthage vs Madisonville on Tuesday Feb. 19, 7p at Rusk HS

Hudson vs Mexia on Tuesday Feb. 19, 7:30p at UT Tyler

Huntington vs Fairfield on Tuesday Feb. 19, 6p at Crockett HS

Jasper vs Palestine on Tuesday Feb. 19, 7p at Nacogdoches HS

11 hours ago, MFFL2011 said:

Winnsboro wins 39-18 over Harmony. 

One of the ugliest games ive ever watched in my lifetime. Winny is moving on but it just felt like a loss almost. Will have to get it cleaned up before the next one or it will be the end of the road.

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Stagnant offense, multiple turnovers. Likely would have been beat handily if Harmony had any sort of offense at all. Defensively they played fairly well just too many unnecessary fouls.

I believe the radio station said 30 turnovers by Harmony.  Can't win any game with that amount of turnovers.

21 hours ago, MFFL2011 said:

Winnsboro wins 39-18 over Harmony. 

Harmony breezed through District undefeated 13 & 0 Then defeated Jefferson by a double-digit score.

Did Harmony get the flu or did Winnsboro put on their state-run mode after losing 3 district games?  

2 hours ago, sackem said:

Harmony breezed through District undefeated 13 & 0 Then defeated Jefferson by a double-digit score.

Did Harmony get the flu or did Winnsboro put on their state-run mode after losing 3 district games?  

Harmony’s district was weak and having 30ish turnovers doesn’t help. 

10 minutes ago, MFFL2011 said:

Harmony’s district was weak and having 30ish turnovers doesn’t help. 

Their district was down this year, and that doesn't help get you ready to play in these type games.  They played a pretty good non-district schedule, but when you don't have a bye in district to schedule a few tough non-dist teams, there is not a lot you can do.

15 hours ago, whs1965 said:

i

Who are the main players to watch for the Lady Eagles?

Atlanta’s game plan going into Friday’s Class 3A area contest against the state-ranked Tatum Lady Eagles was simple in theory shut Essence Allen down

What Atlanta failed to account for was Ashton Brown and Jayla Hooper. Brown netted eight of her 18 points in the first quarter and Hooper managed six of her 14 in the first half. Hooper finished with a triple-double, pulling 10 rebounds and handing out 10 assists, while Brown had a double-double with 10 boards. By the way, Allen closed with a flurry and knocked down 23 points as Tatum pulled away in the second half for a decisive 67-41 win.