Boys/Girls Basketball Scores

sackem

Class 5A Region III 

FINAL: #8 Port Arthur Memorial 46, #9 Shadow Creek 36. The defending 5A state champion Titans will play Houston Madison next round. 

5A BOYS AREA ROUND: Just like first time: Titans knock off favorited Sharks in La Porte - Port Arthur News | Port Arthur News https://t.co/uzdlEVP9FJ

7 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

Shelbyville going to roll Cushing. 

Think Tenaha takes Woden. They playing good ball right now.

I agree. I'm thinking the Tenaha/Woden game will be in Nacogdoches. If so, I plan on going, (Good Lord willing). Should be barn burner. 

• Thanks 1

Winnsboro Lady Raiders lose to Edgewood Lady Bulldogs. I don’t want to take anything away from the Bulldog defense cause they played well but the Lady Raiders just picked the wrong night to not show up. In no way shape or form will you beat someone if you don’t score a point in a quarter and that’s exactly what we did in the 3rd. Also shooting 13-52 doesn’t help either. That loss will hurt for a while based on how weak our Region was and the opportunity that was at hand. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, chevyman said:

Winnsboro Lady Raiders lose to Edgewood Lady Bulldogs. I don’t want to take anything away from the Bulldog defense cause they played well but the Lady Raiders just picked the wrong night to not show up. In no way shape or form will you beat someone if you don’t score a point in a quarter and that’s exactly what we did in the 3rd. Also shooting 13-52 doesn’t help either. That loss will hurt for a while based on how weak our Region was and the opportunity that was at hand. 

What was the final score?

Orangefield defeated Van Vleck 59-56, and will face Coldspring-Oakhurst - at Barbers Hill, Tuesday at 7pm.

In Friday’s game, Orangefield’s Val Catt had 18p, 7r, 12b..

And for you folks that like a good basketball story:

Tuesday, Orangefield played Diboll.  At the end of 3 Qtrs, Diboll was up 49-37.  Orangefield won the game 58-51.  That’s a 21-2 fourth quarter.  In that game, Val Catt had 12p, 18r, 18b.  Ten of those 18b were in the fourth quarter.  Amazing comeback victory by the team, and an amazing triple double by Catt.  You got to wonder why Diboll kept challenging the big man in the fourth.

Btw, Catt is just a junior, and only been playing basketball for 3 years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, whs1965 said:

Chevyman

What is the outlook for the Lady Raiders? What do they have coming up in the pipeline. What is the problem that they can not get out of regionals. Coaching or talent?

Will lose alot of good talent and experience from this class. Multiple 4 year players will be hard to replace. But there are some talented players returning plus coming up so will be interesting to see how they do next year. As far as the problem, basically just haven’t played well enough in the big games. No two ways about it. Didn’t make shots last night plain and simple