Boys/Girls Basketball Scores

sackem

4 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

What was the final score?

Score was 23-19 at halftime only cause we hit 2 late 3s to cut the gap. Didn’t score a single point in the 3rd. Of the 13 made fgs, 5 of them were by one player being all 3s. If not for those it would have been much worse 

1 hour ago, ChicoEsquela said:

If I am flipping, then it wouldnt be tenaha or nac. That would be like flipping for woden or san augustine.  It would be tenaha or woden

If Woden's gym is big enough to host a 2A playoff game, then your correct. That would be the two locations if it came down to a flip of a coin.

On 2/23/2019 at 2:15 PM, Crawford said:

If Woden's gym is big enough to host a 2A playoff game, then your correct. That would be the two locations if it came down to a flip of a coin.

Woden’s gym is plenty big... it’s one of the largest gyms for a 2A school and pretty much will hold as many as Lufkin’s or Hudson’s gym.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2019 at 10:28 PM, jorr2car said:

Shelbyville going to roll Cushing. 

Think Tenaha takes Woden. They playing good ball right now.

Shelbyville is big and plays pressure defense; I’ve seen them play 2 or 3 times this season...they have all facets of the game pretty much.

Cushing plays pressure defense as well.  Shelbyville should win by a comfortable margin. If Cushing can’t get its offense going then it will be by a lot.  If the Bearkats hit their 3’s like they are capable it will be a lot closer.

• Like 2

On 2/23/2019 at 3:15 PM, Crawford said:

Boys 2A Regional round

#1 Shelbyville vs #22 Cushing Tuesday Feb. 26, 7p at Central Heights

#14 Tenaha vs #13 Woden Tuesday Feb. 26, 7p at Panola College in Carthage

Good chance Dragons and Tigers meet up again!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Shelbyville is big and plays pressure defense; I’ve seen them play 2 or 3 times this season...they have all facets of the game pretty much.

Cushing plays pressure defense as well.  Shelbyville should win by a comfortable margin. If Cushing can’t get its offense going then it will be by a lot.  If the Bearkats hit their 3’s like they are capable it will be a lot closer.

Shelbyville is the team to beat in 2A in my opinion (doesn't mean very much). 

#4 Big Sandy lost by 13 to them (respectable) and only shot 25% for the game. How much of that was Shelbyville's defense though? Shelbyville gets you taking shots you normally wouldn't because you have the opportunity to actually get a shot off. 

Going to be some GOOD games from here on out (I hope)!

• Like 1

Ye

1 hour ago, jorr2car said:

Shelbyville is the team to beat in 2A in my opinion (doesn't mean very much). 

#4 Big Sandy lost by 13 to them (respectable) and only shot 25% for the game. How much of that was Shelbyville's defense though? Shelbyville gets you taking shots you normally wouldn't because you have the opportunity to actually get a shot off. 

Going to be some GOOD games from here on out (I hope)!

Yea, Shelbyville’s height and length does not afford much shorter teams to get square with the basket... their size pushes you around and that’s just not in the half court.  They have a very good full-court defense that results is many transition points... hence the 100+ Games.