Boys/Girls Basketball Scores

sackem

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

They figured something out at the half

The Dragons can fill up the basket from 3 point land in a short time... I would like to see stats from their last 3 games.  They will turn you over quickly and score just as fast if time out is not taken and let things settle down.  Very well-oiled machine when they are in their groove.

i seen Lipan and Shelbyville play at Tenaha Hoops event and they were able to keep the pace slowed down and play great half court defense to come away with that win.

Problem for most teams against the Dragons is they dont have the height and length as Shelbyville to be able to play half court.  Dragons push it up the floor as fast and as often as possible, too.

It will be a great game this afternoon.  Like Trueblue was saying, dont understand why the facilities in the middle of Region III aren’t bidding or getting this tournament now days.  I thought it was very odd for everyone having to travel to Bryan, TX...would like to see this one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

The Dragons can fill up the basket from 3 point land in a short time... I would like to see stats from their last 3 games.  They will turn you over quickly and score just as fast if time out is not taken and let things settle down.  Very well-oiled machine when they are in their groove.

i seen Lipan and Shelbyville play at Tenaha Hoops event and they were able to keep the pace slowed down and play great half court defense to come away with that win.

Problem for most teams against the Dragons is they dont have the height and length as Shelbyville to be able to play half court.  Dragons push it up the floor as fast and as often as possible, too.

It will be a great game this afternoon.  Like Trueblue was saying, dont understand why the facilities in the middle of Region III aren’t bidding or getting this tournament now days.  I thought it was very odd for everyone having to travel to Bryan, TX...would like to see this one.

I hate they dont use SFA or TJC anymore for the Region III tournaments. Heck, even Longview or Lufkin could make good hosts. 

1 minute ago, topher805 said:

I hate they dont use SFA or TJC anymore for the Region III tournaments. Heck, even Longview or Lufkin could make good hosts. 

Grapeland, Tenaha, and Shelbyville have been in Regionals last three years. That's a lot of traveling which is ok for some but I have to feel a lot of folks can't make that trip.

#10 Hearne boys win tonight 76 to 61 and advance to the region championship tomorrow... Hearne vs port aransas at noon for 2a region 4 championship... If hearne wins it will be the first time for them to be back at state since playing against NBA Great Shaq and SA Cole years ago

2 minutes ago, topher805 said:

Kind of shocked. What happened to Silsbee this year or did Yates just get hot at the right time?

Yates is one of the top 4A teams in the state, im not surprised Silsbee lost, the surprising thing is the way it got outta hand in the 4th quarter. Silsbee just lost to a better team today. 

12 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Yates is one of the top 4A teams in the state, im not surprised Silsbee lost, the surprising thing is the way it got outta hand in the 4th quarter. Silsbee just lost to a better team today. 

I know Yates is always one of the top teams in the state, just Silsbee has had their number the last 2 or 3 years. Yates lost some big guys to graduation and Silsbee has a stellar senior class with McCain and Adams leading them. 

Still, with those two, it has to be the better team that wins. No flukes between those two

Just now, topher805 said:

I know Yates is always one of the top teams in the state, just Silsbee has had their number the last 2 or 3 years. Yates lost some big guys to graduation and Silsbee has a stellar senior class with McCain and Adams leading them. 

Still, with those two, it has to be the better team that wins. No flukes between those two

Yates played as a team, Silsbee didn’t. 

• Thanks 1