Kliff’s Career Dilemma

Which QB would you ride with if your Kliff?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB are you staking your career on?

• Josh Rosen
    • Kyler Murray

Kliff brought up last year that he’d take Kyler #1 in the draft. Arizona’s new HC has that pick. He also has a top 10 pick in last year’s draft in Josh Rosen. If you were Kliff who are you risking your NFL career on?

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Kliff brought up last year that he’d take Kyler #1 in the draft. Arizona’s new HC has that pick. He also has a top 10 pick in last year’s draft in Josh Rosen. If you were Kliff who are you risking your NFL career on?

Depends on how much he plans to adapt his system to the NFL. 

If he's still going total Air Raid five-wideouts-first-team-to-seventy-points-wins, I say stick Kyler back there in the Shotgun and let him run around like a miniature Mahomes. 

But if he's going to try to tone it down to a more conservative Rams/Eagles/Patriots variation, with a tall pocket passer making quick reads at the line, then stick with Rosen

I can't believe he got the job.  I believe if I heard right on the radio that he is the first college coach with a losing record to be hired.  He already has Rosen, and his rookie year wasn't that good statistically.  I don't keep up with the Cardinals except the score, and I don't know if he had a full receiving corps.  Kyler could still play for the A's, but only time will tell  on that.  

7 hours ago, Greezychef said:

He got the job because hes young and white.  White privilege wins again!!! Thank you White Jesus. 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dallas-sports-anchor-slams-covert-racism-nfl-ownership-kliff-kingsbury-hire-005533256.html

I think it was just the Cardinals trying to be the Browns.  There are so many people I would try to bring in with him being the last on my list.  He might be a decent college OC, and I realize Tech is hard to recruit for, but Leach could get it done somewhat.  If Leach was at a higher profile University, Lord knows what he would do.  He's worked miracles at Tech and at Washington State.  All brought down by a spoiled athletes son who was second or third string at best.  

51 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I think it was just the Cardinals trying to be the Browns.  There are so many people I would try to bring in with him being the last on my list.  He might be a decent college OC, and I realize Tech is hard to recruit for, but Leach could get it done somewhat.  If Leach was at a higher profile University, Lord knows what he would do.  He's worked miracles at Tech and at Washington State.  All brought down by a spoiled athletes son who was second or third string at best.  

I think certain higher-ups at Tech was looking for any reason to get rid of Leach. Karma been on their butts ever since. 

Who knows: Kliffy might be a better nfl coach than college, usually it's the other way around. 

29 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I think certain higher-ups at Tech was looking for any reason to get rid of Leach. Karma been on their butts ever since. 

Who knows: Kliffy might be a better nfl coach than college, usually it's the other way around. 

I wouldn't have hired him.  Some college coaches have made it, and others haven't .  Nick Saban was a huge failure, but you have to give him credit at the college level.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

He might be a decent college OC, and I realize Tech is hard to recruit for, but Leach could get it done somewhat.  If Leach was at a higher profile University, Lord knows what he would do.  He's worked miracles at Tech and at Washington State.  

To be fair, Leach is kind of a genius. I don't mean just a football genius, I mean like a real genius. The guy is operating on a higher level of transcendence than most people. 

Kingsbury is a clever playcaller, and a well-taught Air Raid disciple, but he's not an innovator like Leach. 

That said, I actually think Kingsbury could be successful in the NFL. Provided he finds someone who can coach defense. Mahomes and Mayfield have proven that Air Raid passers can work in the NFL. What's to say that Kliffy doesn't carve out a nice little career for himself in the League?

It looks like Arizona is going to go the Rams route. Pair a young up and coming offensive mind (McVay/Kingsbury) with a veteran defensive coordinator with experience as a NFL head coach( Wade Phillips/Vance Joseph). Is this the beginning of a shift in the role of the HC in the NFL? No longer the CEO but more of a QB whisperer. 

If I’m the Cardinals organization my decision at QB is gonna set the future of my team and this draft. First overall pick with a ton of needs on a rebuilding project. They spent the 10th pick on Rosen last year. His failures are equal parts rookie and the lack of a offensive line to block for him. Would you trust Kyler Murray behind that same line? Trade Rosen for a 1st if you can get it, a 2nd or more if it presents itself. Invest those picks in the line. I can’t see taking Murray at #1 but Mayfield went there and looks to be the real deal. Trade back from 1, take Murray inside the top 10 and get some extra picks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It looks like Arizona is going to go the Rams route. Pair a young up and coming offensive mind (McVay/Kingsbury) with a veteran defensive coordinator with experience as a NFL head coach( Wade Phillips/Vance Joseph). Is this the beginning of a shift in the role of the HC in the NFL? No longer the CEO but more of a QB whisperer. 

If I’m the Cardinals organization my decision at QB is gonna set the future of my team and this draft. First overall pick with a ton of needs on a rebuilding project. They spent the 10th pick on Rosen last year. His failures are equal parts rookie and the lack of a offensive line to block for him. Would you trust Kyler Murray behind that same line? Trade Rosen for a 1st if you can get it, a 2nd or more if it presents itself. Invest those picks in the line. I can’t see taking Murray at #1 but Mayfield went there and looks to be the real deal. Trade back from 1, take Murray inside the top 10 and get some extra picks.

McVay got Goff going after a bad rookie yr, I think Kliffy can do the same with Rosen but he needs to go out and find the best OL coach he can get first off, then make some personnel changes on that OL.