Coaching Longevity

Lion73

47 minutes ago, Lion73 said:

What Texas high school football coach was or is serving as head football coach at the same school the most years? What about assistants at the same school?

5 minutes ago, DOB said:

The longest run from someone I knew was Donald Godwin at Rogers HS ... he was HC there for 31 years.

And every time I think about it, it still amazes me.

Speaking of someone amazing: Chester Roy was an assistant coach at Overton for about 30+ years. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, DOB said:

The longest run from someone I knew was Donald Godwin at Rogers HS ... he was HC there for 31 years.

And every time I think about it, it still amazes me.

small.jpg

I was the head coach at the school where this picture is from.  It’s a little town on the gulf coast. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

Oscar Wilson with 40 years as assistant coach at Longview. Think of all the great Running Backs to come out of there since he's been there.

No doubt. He’s seen some great backs and a ton of winning.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 6:43 AM, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

Coach Melinda Smith at Union Grove.

Has been coaching for 50 years this season, still active. 

All years at her home town, Union Grove, except a couple.

Thats coaching longevity

Wow that impressive it's good he gets to experience the good times

22 hours ago, BigSashLHS09 said:

Oscar Wilson with 40 years as assistant coach at Longview. Think of all the great Running Backs to come out of there since he's been there.

Coach Wilson taught me drivers ed....................and we know how long ago that has been!! 

If you watch the last of the State Championship, game, after Logan Peters jumps on Coach King...........the first person he hugs is Oscar Wilson. This was a long time coming for all of us, but Coach Wilson has REALLY been waiting!!

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

I thought so. Couldn’t tell if that was a cardinal on the scoreboard or not. My sister married into HI “royalty” and really enjoyed living there and raising her kids. 

I have a feeling I know who you are talking about.  I may have coached her son and daughter.

• 2 months later...