Kurt Traylor-Tyler Lee

footballjunky

1 hour ago, KellyLeak said:

There's maybe 3 kids at all 5 of those schools combined that would step on the field for Lee. Get real, ain't nobody leaving Lee for greener private pastures. Leaving because they want to win at Whitehouse or JT.

uh well if many of those kids were in the "Lee system" from the lower grade on then that would probably not be the case...much like the last couple decades

2 hours ago, footballjunky said:

So without all the private schools lee might have a chance? Why does Tyler allow all these private schools?

Ummmm....what????

There are so many things wrong with that sentence it makes the mind explode.  

• LOL! 2

and so back to the original question...Kurt should definitely be given a chance...more time. He was a big part of his brother, Jeff's staff for a long, long time and was a major part of the continuity of the success.

I think he is a very good coach. I'm not sure what all he has been able to put together on his staff, but no matter what, it takes time to change a entire program...especially from the floor up at the very large school district like Tyler. You would have to change mindsets, work habits, expectations, and everything. You have to be given the time to find out what you do both good and bad...so that you can be getting better each day as a coach to help your program (kids) and other coaches get better each day/week. 

It's tough.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KellyLeak said:

There's maybe 3 kids at all 5 of those schools combined that would step on the field for Lee. Get real, ain't nobody leaving Lee for greener private pastures. Leaving because they want to win at Whitehouse or JT.

maybe but thats still depth and those students would help improve perception of academics in the area

would also help with booster donations

15 hours ago, KellyLeak said:

I don't know...its probably closer to like 7-10 kids....lol.  But overall, you probably right on the amount of kids that could step on the field and contribute.

13 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I don't know...its probably closer to like 7-10 kids....lol.  But overall, you probably right on the amount of kids that could step on the field and contribute.

I’d be absolutely shocked if it was more than 5. And of those 5, none would be more than a role guy...

5 hours ago, KellyLeak said:

I’d be absolutely shocked if it was more than 5. And of those 5, none would be more than a role guy...

Nah, Im going to give the privates a little more than that. There are probably at 7-10 guys who could play for Lee and at least 4 or 5 would start. There are 3-4 guys just at Gorman this yr who would have  started at Lee. The QB Jake Smith, they got a transfer cb from Lindale, , and they just had a lb signed with a school.  Another 3 or 4 guys at Brook Hill. Khalan Griffin (Brook Hill QB) would start at 95% of the schools in East Texas (regardless of class) and they have a big O-lineman that has a d-1 offer.  Grace QB has some college offers too.  I think your overall point is mostly correct, but there are kids at the private schools who could start at Lee and JT.  And at the high school level 2-3 kids can make a huge difference.

But Lee problems could be coaching...not head coach but coordinators. I remember JT had a bad OC in the mid 2000s. They got rid of him and you saw a huge difference the next yr. Lee may need to do some tweaks to staff, but I would keep head coach.

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Nah, Im going to give the privates a little more than that. There are probably at 7-10 guys who could play for Lee and at least 4 or 5 would start. There are 3-4 guys just at Gorman this yr who would have  started at Lee. The QB Jake Smith, they got a transfer cb from Lindale, , and they just had a lb signed with a school.  Another 3 or 4 guys at Brook Hill. Khalan Griffin (Brook Hill QB) would start at 95% of the schools in East Texas (regardless of class) and they have a big O-lineman that has a d-1 offer.  Grace QB has some college offers too.  I think your overall point is mostly correct, but there are kids at the private schools who could start at Lee and JT.  And at the high school level 2-3 kids can make a huge difference.

But Lee problems could be coaching...not head coach but coordinators. I remember JT had a bad OC in the mid 2000s. They got rid of him and you saw a huge difference the next yr. Lee may need to do some tweaks to staff, but I would keep head coach.

I get what you're saying, but the private schools in East Texas are GLORIFIED jvs compared to the ones in the metroplex(obviously). I question Lee's coaching STAFF as well. They better step up  or it could lead to problems for their employment. 

2 hours ago, johntylerfan said:

I get what you're saying, but the private schools in East Texas are GLORIFIED jvs compared to the ones in the metroplex(obviously). I question Lee's coaching STAFF as well. They better step up  or it could lead to problems for their employment. 

Alot has changed in terms of private schools and football.  The metroplex schools are really starting to get an influx of talent.   Brook Hill went to  state 3 yrs in a row about 5-6 yrs ago before winning it.    But there is no doubt the East Texas privates  (which is basically just the Tyler area schools)  are not on same level anymore.  But I still believe there are 2-3 players on each of the 4 privates that could start or be significant contributors at Lee. 

On 1/17/2019 at 8:02 PM, poisoned10 said:

The man has been Lee's head coach for less than 2 years. If you expect a 180° turnaround in that amount of time then you will forever be disappointed.

+1000 and then some .... in real life, there are no points awarded for style - only for class.

In the superficial world, style points are reserved for politicians who talk out of both sides of their mouth.

smoaky.jpg

On 1/18/2019 at 2:29 PM, KellyLeak said:

Well, considering Dville’s and North Shore’s starters stayed on the field the entire game... how many subs did you see?

LOL 

They didn’t stay on the field the whole time. Heck North Shore’s 3rd string back has a D1 offer if I remember correctly.

Most 6A top schools rotate consistently throughout the game. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DOB said:

+1000 and then some .... in real life, there are no points awarded for style - only for class.

In the superficial world, style points are reserved for politicians who talk out of both sides of their mouth.

smoaky.jpg

ThIs post should get a Sports OSCAR for Animated Awesomeness 😁

And of course nobody at Lee is going to want to hear what I said before...this is Kurt's first head coaching job and he is learning on the fly everyday. He is seeing little things he's doing wrong and trying to correct them and get them better and move forward. 

There are two major things I see against Kurt that he deals with:

(1) He is not Jeff! People are forever comparing him to Jeff and that's not fair. Each of us are our own person...not to be compared to our siblings or dad's, etc. It's awfully hard to try and live in another's shadow...especially when that shadow is legendary in this same area. He should be given an opportunity.

(2) He does not have the same outgoing, talk to everyone personality that Jeff has (which is what makes Jeff the recruiter he is). He is I'm sure having to learn that part as much as anything to be out in front and be the talker in the community and be the rah, rah guy to the whole team instead of the guy that is just tearing into the lineman (tearing them down and building them up)...if that's not your comfort zone, then hey...he is working double hard. He can do this!

• Like 1