2019 Cowboys Offseason

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Cowboys sign Randall Cobb to a 1yr/$5m deal.

Dallas May have a deal to trade a 2020 5th RD pick to Miami for Robert Quinn. Dallas would extend Quinn to a 3yr deal.

Cobb should be a solid pick up ... if he stays healthy  ...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Cobb should be a solid pick up ... if he stays healthy  ...

If he can stay healthy that’s not a bad WR group. Cooper, Gallup, Cobb. Who knows what you’ll get out of Austin or Hurns but that’s not bad 4th/5th WR. And Dallas could still add another playmaker in the draft.

29 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

These moves make too much sense for you guys, which tells me Stephen is running the show not Jerrah. 

20 years of doing it Jerry’s way sure didn’t work. Lol 

Cowboys sign FA SS George Iloka to a 1 yr deal. Add him to Cobb, Hyder, Covington. Dallas has taken care of defensive line depth, slot reciever and now safety. That’s their biggest positions of need heading into the draft. Dallas can head into the draft and let it play out for them. Do they wanna move up from 58 if a player they value is falling? You can do that now if your comfortable with your depth at other positions. You wanna stand pat and draft a rookie that beats out that veteran on a one year deal? You can do that too.

On 3/23/2019 at 8:45 PM, Stoney said:

Cowboys sign FA SS George Iloka to a 1 yr deal. Add him to Cobb, Hyder, Covington. Dallas has taken care of defensive line depth, slot reciever and now safety. That’s their biggest positions of need heading into the draft. Dallas can head into the draft and let it play out for them. Do they wanna move up from 58 if a player they value is falling? You can do that now if your comfortable with your depth at other positions. You wanna stand pat and draft a rookie that beats out that veteran on a one year deal? You can do that too.

Todd Archer - The Cowboys signed George Iloka to a one-year, minimum salary benefit contract that will count $735,000 against the cap. He will make a $930,000 base salary and $90,000 in bonus money. Of the base salary, $210,000 is guaranteed

Byron Jones is on the trade block. Rumors Dallas wants a 1st rounder or a high day 2 pick for him. Jourdan Lewis is also on the block for a much lower price. Why is a lockdown corner on the block? You can’t pay Tank, Zeke, Dak, Amari and Byron. Somebody has to be the odd man out and the shutdown corner isn’t as valued as much as the big 4 are in Big D. 

Now a late 1st rounder for Byron could be a safety like Taylor Rapp from Washington or to a lesser degree a TE like Noah Fant from Iowa. It could be another defensive lineman to help Tank out. You’d still have 58 & 90 to play around with if your still in wheeling, dealing mood on day 2.

8EC12623-D35D-4C95-91E5-85828D81FC30.png

List so far of 12 of the 30 pre-draft visitors to the Cowboys. 

Weber could be a backup/fill in for Zeke at RB. Big back (5-10, 211) who can run a 4.47 40 but is more like a RC Cola Zeke.

Darius Harris is a very Cowboys late round type pick. Can play all 3 LB spots. 

Marinelli was working out with Hill recently.

Perfect world Rapp falls to 58. Likely won’t happen.

Tom Pelissaro- Robert Quinn will do a new 1-year deal with the #Cowboys to complete the trade with the #Dolphins, per source. Some help at right end.

Cowboys get their help at defensive end.

Jane Slater- 

For context on the DeMarcus Lawrence situation, a source informed tells me #Cowboys “aren’t even close on any number” as it pertains to yearly salary and guaranteed. 

What player wants? Take Von Miller’s deal, multiply by the cap growth of 22 % since 2016 &  the deal is done.

Just now, Stoney said:

Jane Slater- 

For context on the DeMarcus Lawrence situation, a source informed tells me #Cowboys “aren’t even close on any number” as it pertains to yearly salary and guaranteed. 

What player wants? Take Von Miller’s deal, multiply by the cap growth of 22 % since 2016 &  the deal is done.

Von’s deal was 6yr/$114m with $42m guaranteed. Are you willing to pay that for a 4-3,do everything, rush from the left side because of his shoulder defensive end?

3 hours ago, Stoney said:

Tom Pelissaro- Robert Quinn will do a new 1-year deal with the #Cowboys to complete the trade with the #Dolphins, per source. Some help at right end.

Cowboys get their help at defensive end.

Dallas trades a 2020 6th round pick to Miami for Quinn.

5 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Dallas trades a 2020 6th round pick to Miami for Quinn.

Clarence Hill Jr- New deal is one year $8 million plus incentives, per source. Quinn was slated to get $11.8 million from the Dolphins in 2019.

On 3/19/2019 at 7:15 PM, Stoney said:

If he can stay healthy that’s not a bad WR group. Cooper, Gallup, Cobb. Who knows what you’ll get out of Austin or Hurns but that’s not bad 4th/5th WR. And Dallas could still add another playmaker in the draft.

I expect Dallas to drop Hurns with an injury settlement.  I like Tavon with what he brings as a special downs receiver and a punt returner.  The draft hasn't even happened, and I'm happy with the roster.  I would like to add an offensive lineman, defensive line help, and potential secondary help.  We have $15 million and change, so I wouldn't give Dak and Zeke extensions yet.  I'm expecting a good year so far, but want to see who the Cowboys draft.  

• Like 1

Dallas FA adds: Jason Witten, Codey McElroy, Christian Covington, Kerry Hyder, Randall Cobb, Robert Quinn, George Iloka

Dallas FA losses: Cole Beasley, Geoff Swaim, Damian Wilson

A starting DE who had 6.5 sacks last year for a 6th round pick to replace Gregory/Irving. A veteran slot WR for less money than the guy he’s replacing. Two defensive line rotation pieces that could be key contributors. A starting safety for $930,000 versus signing ET for 4yr/$55m. That’s a pretty good haul in free agency. You’ve improved your team but haven’t mortgaged the future. 

I agree with you Dave. Add a young wide receiver to this team. Deebo Samuel from South Carolina and Emmanuel Hall from Missouri could be that guy. Deebo can do a little bit of everything and should be there at 58. Hall is more of a home run threat with some injury issues. Mecole Hardman, Penny Hart, Greg Dortch...those guys should be there around round 3 and 4 of the draft. 

Keep an eye out for cornerback in this draft. Byron Jones could get priced out next year. Anthony Brown is due to another deal. Awuzie could slide into Byron’s CB1 shoes. Jourdan Lewis has been steady but isn’t the type of corner Kris Richard likes. Dallas might take a shot to fill a hole early.

On 4/1/2019 at 3:38 PM, Stoney said:

0897E624-601E-4FE6-867F-3B1971635298.jpeg

Updated list of Cowboys 30 Pre-draft visits. S, TE, DL, WR heavy but that’s where Dallas spent their money in free agency. 

2192BAD6-1B9C-49E8-94FA-572B538C8846.png

Stoney’s 2nd Round Targets*

Rapp

Abram

Thornhill

Samuel

Sternberger

Ferguson

Give me one of those safeties, a WR, TE or the pass rusher. 

* Based upon this list, at this time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 8:07 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

These moves make too much sense for you guys, which tells me Stephen is running the show not Jerrah. 

Funny you should say that. I just came across a very interesting article addressing that very thought. I thought it was pretty good, maybe you will too.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/4/8/18299374/the-dallas-cowboys-way-stephen-jones-three-rules-for-how-the-roster-is-built-and-maintained

• Like 2

Stoney: I thought you might be interested in this little tidbit on hill I also see where Lil Jordan Humphrey visited the Star. The guy is big, strong, and got good hands. I hope Dallas is interested, and can get him.

Pick 136 - Trysten Hill, DT, Central Florida

The Cowboys continue to fortify their defensive line by getting themselves some help on the interior. Dallas has Maliek Collins, who has been a solid starter, when healthy. Hillwas by far the most effective defensive lineman for his college program but he does have a few maturity concerns.

Sometimes, Hill shows maturity issues and can be tough to coach but his skill set will be desired in the NFL. As an interior player, he has the burst to get upfield and attack the quarterback . Hill is very much a twitch-style of player that Rod Marinelli likes to have and he hustles to the ball-carrier. If the Cowboys can find a way to get him to reach his potential, Hill will turn into a great pick.

• Like 1

@Newtonres7586 Dallas could use a 3 Tech upgrade on this line. Dallas won’t spend a top pick on one but they spend a 3rd to get Collins. I’d rather have Hill than I would Gerald Willis who should be there around 90 too. Hill has warts but the kid working with Marinelli could fix them. Marinelli has already worked him out at some practices. I’m working on my mock and he’s definitely on my radar at 90.

I’m not supposed to like Lil Jordan on the principles of being a Aggie fan. However, I think he could make a impact on this team as a big slot receiver. That’s the best thing about this year’s draft is the WR position is solid as it goes deeper. I can spend 58 on a Deebo Samuel, a 90 on Mecole Hardman/Emmanuel Hall, a 128/136 on a Jalen Hurd, a 165 on a Lil Jordan or Diontae Johnson. So many flavors of ice cream to choose from. Slot recievers of all sizes. Do you want a guy who can take the top of the secondary? There’s speed there. And the possibility is there for a double dip if you wanted to.  Keep an eye on Stanley Morgan, JR from Nebraska. He could be a guy that can play outside letting Amari come into the slot on some plays. Morgan, JR could play the slot and be Cobb’s replacement in 2020.