2019 Cowboys Offseason

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

With a salary cap, it is almost impossible to be great at every position......that being said, on offense - would love to see a better backup to Zeke - either a big bull or a scatback(either is a change of pace to Zeke)........if Frederick is healthy, our top 7 lineman from 2018 would do.......TE’s good enough.......I think Zeke could be even better with a true fullback......Need a good/tall WR..........on defense, need a run stuffing DT or 2

I’d love to see this offense add a Darren Sproles/Tarik Cohen like threat out of the backfield.

Dallas could use a upgrade over Oliwale at FB. Dallas gave up a 2018 5th rounder for one of the worst FBs in the league. 

Antwaun Woods was a nice surprise this year. Pairing him with Collins isn’t a bad 1,2 punch. There just isn’t the depth on the inside like there is on the edge. David Irving had the potential but the Uptown Flu struck him bad this year. I agree with you. The run defense needs it.

On 1/14/2019 at 7:02 PM, Stoney said:

Gathers is taking up a spot that could be better used elsewhere on this team. Give me Swaim/Jarwin all day over Gathers. That’s a great thing about this year’s draft. It’s a very TE heavy class. There will be guys on Day 2( 2nd & 3rd rounders) that can be plug in day one starters for this team.

Wide receiver, TE, interior offensive line, defensive line, LB, safety....that’s what Dallas should be targeting to improve this offseason. 

I don’t think this would happen, especially being a division rival, but the team is in a downturn.....Landon Collins is a UFA. Kid is young, physical. If your hesitant to spend the money on Earl Thomas this could be your guy. It would mean moving Heath/Frazier to a backup role. Letting Xavier Woods take over the Free. 

Woods would be the back up have you not watched any games?

On 1/14/2019 at 6:45 PM, Stoney said:

This offense needs help. Did Y’all know that the top 4 scoring offenses are in the Championship games this weekend? Dallas was 21st scoring 21ppg. Give me anybody off the offensive staffs of the Rams, Chiefs, Saints and Pats. Called plays or not. When the Rams say that it didn’t matter if Dallas went 3 wide or not, that they were staying in their base defense that’s horrible. Horrible. Dallas needs someone who can come in and make Dak into weapon. Make the threat of him running a bigger part of this offense. Make the defense have to play 10 on 11 because they have to spy Dak. 

I know someone that could, but I don't think the Cowboys have what it takes to trade the Steelers to get him.  I like our young corps of TE with Jarwin, Swaim, and Schultz.  Get rid of the rest and all the receivers except Cooper, Gallup, Beasley, and Austin.  Sean Lee hinted at retiring, but if he doesn't release  him.  

On 1/14/2019 at 8:45 PM, Stoney said:

I’d love to see this offense add a Darren Sproles/Tarik Cohen like threat out of the backfield.

Dallas could use a upgrade over Oliwale at FB. Dallas gave up a 2018 5th rounder for one of the worst FBs in the league. 

Antwaun Woods was a nice surprise this year. Pairing him with Collins isn’t a bad 1,2 punch. There just isn’t the depth on the inside like there is on the edge. David Irving had the potential but the Uptown Flu struck him bad this year. I agree with you. The run defense needs it.

I'd like to see the "0" add a Wes Welker type and a runnigback like the Saint's got in Ol Ingram. I likes the way when o Sean Peyton pulls out Kamara he just comes back at ya with a quality runner that's physical. TrueStorie

On 1/16/2019 at 3:47 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Jerry says that if Garrett had become available (gotten fired) he would be in high demand and five teams would have offered him their HC job. What do you think? 

He's lost it.  Maybe as an OC, and even that would be stupid.  

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 3:47 PM, EnjoyLife said:

Jerry says that if Garrett had become available (gotten fired) he would be in high demand and five teams would have offered him their HC job. What do you think? 

I am sure some highschool and college would take him as HC. NfL well ....

Rumor making the rounds at the Senior Bowl is Dallas could be looking at moving on from Randy Gregory. With Tank’s shoulder injury, Gregory’s off the field issues and the rare first round whiff which was Taco Charlton, Dallas could be in the market for pass rusher. 

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

Rumor making the rounds at the Senior Bowl is Dallas could be looking at moving on from Randy Gregory. With Tank’s shoulder injury, Gregory’s off the field issues and the rare first round whiff which was Taco Charlton, Dallas could be in the market for pass rusher. 

I can see the need to move on from Taco, but not Gregory just yet.  Randy made strides last year and has a cheap contract next year.  If he can prove himself next year, then up his pay a bit, but nothing over $7 million unless he has 10+ sacks.  We're stuck with Taco for two more years, because his salary cap hit is too high.  He's been a big bag of nothing, and I don't know why he even started 7 games last year.  

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 6:34 AM, Stoney said:

I have to laugh when I read or hear conversations about players like Taco, and Gregory. I told my son ten years ago, that Jerry Jones wants to be Al Davis so bad he can taste it. He wants to be coach, personnel director, general manager, and draft guru all rolled into one package. Al Davis was notorious for drafting "Bad Boys", and making ball players out of them. Let's not forget that Al Davis was a coach before he was an owner. To this day Jones has a man crush on the Raiders, and ownership.

Jerry watched Jimmie Johnson turn around Charles Haley, and thinks he did it. He forgot that Jimmie was a psychology major in College. Cole Beasley let the cat out of the bag just last week about the administration dictating who gets the ball. Goodbye Cole, you'll be going the way of Jimmie Johnson very soon. I'm afraid the Cowboys are destined to be an also ran team as long as the Jones family have control. We shall see.

• Like 1

Tony Romo on Kellen Moore as likely OC: “I honestly don’t know how it will play out. I think it will be interesting to see what they morph into. In a lot of ways, I think they’ll probably stay pretty similar because the HC is there & it’s still probably going to be his verbiage.” per David Moore of the DMN

41 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jerry Jones is not expected to extend the contract of Cowboys’ HC Jason Garrett, short or long term, as he now enters the final year of his contract, per @toddarcher

Im seriously surprised, maybe Stephen finally made pops see the light? 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Im seriously surprised, maybe Stephen finally made pops see the light? 

Could be. Cowboy fans could have a glimmer of hope this season. If the Moore experiment fails, Garrett’s  gone. If it works? Who knows how that turns out.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:15 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Tony Romo on Kellen Moore as likely OC: “I honestly don’t know how it will play out. I think it will be interesting to see what they morph into. In a lot of ways, I think they’ll probably stay pretty similar because the HC is there & it’s still probably going to be his verbiage.” per David Moore of the DMN

I'd rather see Romo as the OC vs. Kellen Moore, but he's probably making more money with CBS.  He's already calling the Super Bowl, so he's in for a big contract when his contract expires.  We'll see how it works, but most of you know how I feel about the Red Clapper.  

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Good.  Maybe he can find a job with the AAF or XFL, because those are his only options in my opinion now.  He wasted his talent.  

Saves Dallas $2.25m.....he’s gotta find something that pays quick. He’s getting cars repoe’d left and right. The weird car wreck where cops found him riding a bike in his front yard. No telling how this will end.