2019 Cowboys Offseason

On 1/25/2019 at 7:16 PM, DaveTV1 said:

I don't know if Kellen Moore should be the OC.  He doesn't have the experience.  I do like the idea of Jon Kitna as the QB coach though.  https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/25/18197374/report-cowboys-leaning-towards-jason-garrett-not-calling-plays-with-kellen-moore-as-oc  .  

Yep. Kitna is the real deal

• 2 weeks later...

Well this ain’t looking good. Dallas will Franchise Tag Tank Lawrence on Tuesday.  Cowboys brain trust met with Tanks  last Friday. Apparently there’s a big enough gap to where a deal wasn’t made. 

Calvin Watkins- Let’s clear this up now. A source tells @TheAthleticDFW Cowboys have no interest in Earl Thomas or Landon Collins. The financial price is too steep. This isn’t new news. Now Cowboys also have no interest in Eric Weddle either. Price is everything

I don’t get it. I honestly don’t get it. Jeff Heath is a decent backup safety and you wanna keep trotting him out there as a starter, or sign a cheap veteran stop gap safety with the hopes the draft falls right and you pick a better player to replace him? You have a veteran All Pro with injury issues with a high $ Tag. You have a young All Pro with a high $ Tag. And you say your good on passing them over because of the money? After you cheap skate your best pass rusher since DWare? But we’ll sign Dak to a huge big money deal? We’ll lock up Zeke to a big money deal when the new NFL says you don’t pay big money for running backs? All this hot air about Jerry not having 30 more years to win and Stephen wants to win now and this is what us fans have to look forward to. A 50/50 shot at beating Philly every year for the East and a first round loss or a second round loss in the playoffs. If the Texans ever regained the Oiler name and logo, I know my Grandpa would roll over in his grave at this, but I’d switch teams. I’d become a Oilers fan till the day I died.

On 3/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, Doomer said:

I really feels this thread should be labeled Cowboy's ON season. Last year was the off season. Boys dominates this yer.

With Witten coming back and Red supposedly maybe calling plays next season, I see Super Bowl all the way.  I bet you wont even break a TV next year things will be so good.

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, Red90fly said:

With Witten coming back and Red supposedly maybe calling plays next season, I see Super Bowl all the way.  I bet you wont even break a TV next year things will be so good.

100℅, no losses=no reason to abuse TV. TrueStorie

4 hours ago, Stoney said:

Jean Jacques Taylor- Cole Beasley gets 4 years and $29M from Buffalo. He gets $14.4M guaranteed and $17M the first two years

I'm gonna miss Beasley. He was a good little player. But I understand why the Cowboys couldn't sign him. 

Dak's gonna miss him too I think. Hopefully the Boys can get a similar player in the draft. I dont think T.Austin can fill that void. 

Not signing Beasley is going to come back and bite them in the #### big time.  He was their most reliable possession receiver last year and saved their bacon numerous times last year ... I don't know if they have anybody that can consistently fill his role that is currently on the roster  ...

44 minutes ago, MeanGreenDogs64 said:

To his credit he was a WR in college and never played. Dallas fell in love with him at the UNT pro day. He is a good guy but not a good FB.

I’ll give the kid huge props for having a long term NFL career.

Dallas signs FA DT Christian Covington of the Texans to a 1yr/$1.6m deal. Had 3.5 sacks as a 5 tech in Houston’s 3-4 defense, move inside to a 1T, maybe 3T could be a sneaky good signing. 

• Like 1

Dallas makes a “Marinelli Signing” today, adding FA DE Kerry Hyder formerly of the Detroit Lions. Kid had 8 sacks in 2016. Achilles injury cost him his 2017 season, played sparingly in 2018. Could be a decent rotation guy, could be just a guy. Marinelli has a history of taking guys like this and making them contributors.

I’ll give Stephen and McClay credit for sticking to their beliefs about team building. They didn’t over spend on a Landon Collins or Earl Thomas. Yeah they short changed Tank Lawrence but when a guy shows up to practice in the offseason with his guys, that’s gotta give Cowboy fans hope. A deal is coming for the War Daddy. Stephen and McClay took care of swing tackle (Fleming), defensive line depth (Covington, Hyder), slot WR (Austin), and have had Randall Cobb and Clayton Geathers (young safety who was a starter in Indy) at The Star today. Holes filled but come the draft could easily be upgraded by younger talent. If your gonna lock up your core talent (Dak, Zeke, Tank, Byron, Amari) moves like this make it manageable.