What happened at Woden/Joaquin basketball game?

longhorncrazy

Big fight...... chippy play lead to teenage boys allowing their emotions get out of control. Bench cleared from one side and several fans jumping onto the court. Game was in Woden.....Meeting at 1:00 today to decide a ruling on the series of events. Expect several suspensions and even charges being pressed. Ought to be interesting on the final outcome. Really ridiculous that it was allowed to get to that point though 

3 minutes ago, Greezychef said:

I'm not in the loop but apparently their are grounds for charges against at least 1 adult.  

I not either but one adult has been banned from sporting events at Woden for the rest of the year. Woden gets the victory.  Ktre.com has video 

Total BS in the DEC decision on this incident. There is absolutely no context at all included in their rulings. One school has a history of this kind of behavior and are known antagonist in their style of play. Racial slurs being said during the game means nothing to the committee because the total majority of the people making the decisions are superintendents who don’t attend the events and have no clue what is going on...... I just hate being at the mercy of uninformed individuals.......admin or UIL. Although I am not happy with what went on or condone it in anyway I can totally understand why it happened from the kid’s  vantage point. Two of the kids involved from Joaquin were brothers and taking up for each other and the other Joe kid was the one who had racial slurs said to him the whole game. The other Joe kid threw the ball at a Woden kid after a series of hard fouls.

5 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

4 from Joaquin

3 from woden suspended

on fan got suspened

It will be for 1 to 2 games

Up to individual school. 

I guess third time this season was no problem for committee.  Good ole boys club.

When The DEC leaves it up to schools to punish their own then the committee has no backbone. Suits don’t wanna jeopardize their jobs by punishing their own school .  

I feel things like this should go directly to the UIL.   Let them hand down the punishment. Racism has NO place anywhere, especially in the schools.  Adults who were involved should be banned for life from their schools events.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Woden player tells a Joe kid that is a mixed race that his mom is a n word lover. Fight breaks out and Joe kid hits that kid. They both get same suspension. Same Woden kid has a history of behavior. This is why I say rulings are out of context. I am 42yrs old and saw this type of incident one other time in Sville and Woden was involved then too.......#pattern#

Not hating on any town or team but i use to go to Broaddus and SA and for some reason when we played Woden it was always about race. And im a white guy. Guess things havent changed much over that way. Never could or will root for them because of some of the negative things i remember 

• Like 1

Several years back my younger brother helped instigate a riot before/during/after a basketball game against Price-Carlisle. I believe the next game against them was played in an empty gym. 

Good times. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1