What happened at Woden/Joaquin basketball game?

longhorncrazy

55 minutes ago, BEARDEDGOAT said:

Most of the fans were jumping in to break up the fight. you guys are acting like the fans just jumped in and started throwing hay makers.....bs

Problem is Woden people grabbing Joaquin kids. Need to grab your own kids. Cuz if someone grabs my kid then I gonna try and grab him. That’s why fans can’t get on floor 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DEC separated themselves from the situation as not look biased because they could benefit from a decision one way or another. The following districts voted on the final outcome...... to me the districts involved in the voting had personal agendas or stood to gain from a certain outcome..... that can be debated however. Joe only had two kids that actually threw punches. One was a kid that had racial slurs said to him all night. The other was a brother of a kid that had two Woden kids beating up his brother...... like I said before there was no context for the DEC decision. Although I am not happy with what happened I can understand the Joaquin kids reaction 

It very easily could have been the same thing last week in Garrison against Woden.  two kids going after loose ball and get tangled up, G kid gets foul called on him, yes he fouled but after the play the woden kid throws ball into the g kids face.  No foul, no technical , no nothing.  Later on numerous pushing and fouling and elbows and again nothing.  The refs have to gain control of the games, if not someone is going to get #### off and a brawl break out.  Racial slurs have always been a problem with the Eagles.  Yes they have a good physical basketball team, but a couple of them are easily defensive when the physicality is put on them.  Personally I hope they get banned from post season.  

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Woden is well known for acting like this all the way down to the little league baseball level. it is a taught behavior based on what is seen and heard at even the little league games in the area.

It is either taught or allowed....Either way it is not acceptable. I watched Woden in summer basketball act the same way towards every team they played...... And for any Woden fan or member to try and defend this type of behavior is senseless. If Woden wants to adopt a more “physical” style of competition then start a ftball program and strap on a Ridell and lets just see what ya got....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

It is either taught or allowed....Either way it is not acceptable. I watched Woden in summer basketball act the same way towards every team they played...... And for any Woden fan or member to try and defend this type of behavior is senseless. If Woden wants to adopt a more “physical” style of competition then start a ftball program and strap on a Ridell and lets just see what ya got....

Meanwhile, they’re blowing up Facebook talking about their physical style on the basketball court. 

• LOL! 1

Bring them down here to HTOWN and let them play Yates at Yates HS.   See how they act then..

Ridiculous for parents/school to allow this to happen.  Racial slurs should get you removed from the team.  Not placed on a pedestal and celebrated .....  No place for this in this country.

Call up Houston Yates and schedule a game next year and test your toughness and upbringing there.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bignasty said:

Bring them down here to HTOWN and let them play Yates at Yates HS.   See how they act then..

Ridiculous for parents/school to allow this to happen.  Racial slurs should get you removed from the team.  Not placed on a pedestal and celebrated .....  No place for this in this country.

Call up Houston Yates and schedule a game next year and test your toughness and upbringing there.

They don't want no smoke with 3rd Ward High. 

10 hours ago, bignasty said:

Let me talk to Coach Wise and see if he feels like dropping a couple hundy in a warmup game. 

• LOL! 1

Apparently Jason Bridges, the NCSO Sheriff was at the game and in the NAC paper was working to quell rumors that he went out on the floor and had put someone in a headlock.  I don’t believe that at all but he is from Woden.  They are investigating the adult out of the crowd that had altercation with one of the players.

in all 12 players are suspended .... 7 for two games and five for one game.  UIL will be ruling on this, as well.  4Joaquin and 3 Woden player for 2 games and the rest for one.

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Apparently Jason Bridges, the NCSO Sheriff was at the game and in the NAC paper was working to quell rumors that he went out on the floor and had put someone in a headlock.  I don’t believe that at all but he is from Woden.  They are investigating the adult out of the crowd that had altercation with one of the players.

in all 12 players are suspended .... 7 for two games and five for one game.  UIL will be ruling on this, as well.  4Joaquin and 3 Woden player for 2 games and the rest for one.

Sheriff did not place anyone in a headlock. Approximately 20 men jumped onto the floor and it appeared all meant well to break up the fight except one man who grabbed a kid from behind. However even in well meaning fans can’t get on the floor because emotions are too high from both sides and people don’t always act rationally when their kids are involved. 3 kids from Joe and 3 kids from Woden actually threw punches. The others were engaged in a tug of war with each other’s bodies. And not all suspended were fighting. The suspensions resulted from leaving the bench area as well. Hopefully the antagonistic style of play can be corrected and kids can actually play basketball even if it does get a little physical and enjoy the game without the thought of being injured or cheap shot during the game..... and physical doesn’t mean an elbow to the head or a cross check in the lane. Let’s all encourage good clean aggressive play within the rules and enjoy our kids playing a sport

7 hours ago, fergton said:

It sure don't sound like anyone in authority wanted to touch the root cause of the multiple instances with Woden. 

Let’s just say the people involved n making the decision played the good ole boy political decision...... We’ll just do a little hand slapping and try to sweep it under the rug. These superintendents are clueless and just want to scratch each other’s back in the whole process.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Stinks 1