John Wetteland Arrested On Child Sex Abuse Charges

Stoney

I really liked the guy.  I hope it's not true, but we'll see how it turns out.  If it is he should be put to death, but he'll get an easy sentence of probably around 10 years, and might only get probation if his record is clean.  It sounds like it is true, but he deserves a trial.  

Yea, I was surprised to hear this. I liked him as well. I hope it's not true either. 

Any more details than what's in that article? Was it his child? Step-child? Family friend's child? Who filed the outcry? 

I worked in a prison earlier in my career. 12 years...9 of those doing Institutional Parole. I interviewed convicts for the Parole Board that were up for / eligible for parole. Interviewed thousands of convicts, including probably a thousand sexual offenders. Boy, let me tell ya, the stories and excuses I've heard :argh:...it'll make your blood boil. 

I read some of his stuff (background)...take a read...he's got some real sketchy stuff in there...teams/schools cutting him loose at just immediate times for "weird, uncomfortable activities", etc. That's a real red flag that they became aware of something and they wanted nothing to do with what was coming later (Penn State style)...

he kept volunteering to uh "coach" or mentor places...and would be let go