West Rusk Opening

Eagleborn

On 1/16/2019 at 2:04 PM, Nick2011 said:

He’s not in house but has been coaching in the area for a while now 

Gotya hoping it's good I am a adopted fan now that a certain transfer from Hendo coming your way. 

On 1/16/2019 at 2:05 PM, Nick2011 said:

With the great facilities that WR has to offer it shouldn’t be hard for them to pull in a good HC

No doubt 

49 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Frazier resigns. 

Wow, that's huge. 

13 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

I just want to thank Coach Frazier for all he did for the WR program. He inherited a struggling football team and totally transformed them into a well respected football team. I wish him and his family the best of luck from here on out! 

No doubt. Dude has done some extraordinary work there. Wish him the best at his next position. 

11 minutes ago, Nick2011 said:

With the great facilities that WR has to offer it shouldn’t be hard for them to pull in a good HC

Yes, West Rusk is a good place for a young up-and-comer to make a name for himself. Excellent facilities, pretty good flow of talent. 

Tyler paper has a pretty good article on it. 

“The overall thing about all this is that I just want to spend more time with my family. For more than 20 years, I’ve been supported. My family has sat in the stands and my boys have been on the sidelines supporting me,” said Frazier. “The second half of my life I want to sit in the stands and support them and just be a dad. It’s really as simple as that.”

Frazier leaves West Rusk as the school’s all-time winningest coach with an overall record of 84-51. As he walks away among the top in his profession, Frazier said the coaching fire still burns and he didn’t rule out one day returning to the sidelines. But for the time being, he’s entering private business and looking to enjoy more time with his wife, Amanda, and their two sons, Jackson and Lucas.

“This is just another chapter in my life. I want to spend more time with my family. That’s the number one driving force. No ifs ands or buts about it,” Frazier explained. “It was not an easy decision by no means. I work with a lot of great people at West Rusk and all those kids are my kids. It’s just my priorities have changed, and I don’t want to look back years from now with any regret.”

Jackson, a sophomore at White Oak, plays varsity football for the Roughnecks, while Lucas is in sixth grade. Frazier coached against his son’s team this year when West Rusk defeated White Oak, 21-7.

“As a coach, especially during football season, we spend 70 to 80 hours at our job. That doesn’t leave much time for your wife or kids. I want that time while both my boys are still in school. I just want to be that dad in the stands and not Coach Frazier,” he said. “I missed a lot of little league and junior high games over the years. I’ve missed a lot. And I don’t want to miss it anymore. I’m ready for the second half of my life to be a dad.”

Don't blame him one bit. You never get those years back.

Props to Coach Frazier for knowing what's truly important in life. 

• Like 2

No words can say what a blessing John has been to our school and community. He is a follower of Christ, a sound leader and true family man, it shows even more now. He embodied each and every student he spoke to be a better person, to be significant. Best of luck to him as he moves on. And as always Raider Pride Never Dies, he better be wearing blue unless we are playing White Oak lol!

• Like 1

Just now, WildcatScream said:

Hate to hear that, Good Luck Coach,

So is the "VILLAGE IDIOT" applying for the job with his expertise and all ............ asking for a friend ............

I trust our sup and board to make the right call. I hope we hire from within. What we have is a if it aint broke, don't fix it kinda thing.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, DTrump said:

DA?

Some call him DA ....... but not that one ........... this one is closer to the "KNOW" so we've been told...........

On 1/16/2019 at 3:41 PM, WestRusk2009 said:

I trust our sup and board to make the right call. I hope we hire from within. What we have is a if it aint broke, don't fix it kinda thing.

I certainly hope so

• LOL! 1