ETSN GOING DARK

NODAYSOFFTX

On 1/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, RandyJohnson said:

Not in the too distant future...print media (ie. Newspapers) will go the way of the Dinasour (as in Extinction)

Unfortunately...sadly !

I'm truly shocked that there are very many papers at all left now. To me, the little local papers only exist as a obituary, garage sale (which would do better on Facebook if people used it appropriately), local sports (to clip actual memory pictures, but again we all have great cameras on our phones, etc so we can get digital and people post online everywhere). As this generation that is 65 + ages out (passes away), I truly see everything going digital because who will want the trash (paper), etc...the government will probably start banning it or something who knows (to save trees and raccoon fur, hahaha). 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/27/business/sports-illustrated-sold-meredith.html

Sports Illustrated sold for a $110m. I can’t tell you the last time I picked up a physical copy. ESPN just shuttered their magazine after 20 years. The Bleacher Report app, The Athletic app....that’s my go to’s for sports info besides Twitter. I still enjoy a Sunday Dallas Morning News paper but who knows how long that will continue. 

• Like 1