Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

45 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

argyle could probably win the 6a state championship this year

I tend to agree with you.  I'd be surprised if they lose a game this year.  If I'm not mistaken, they have at least 6 or 7 players that will be playing at the next level when they graduate.

• Like 1

This is just crazy for any classification.

Sean Bolin TX Argyle 2019 RHP Utah
Dillon Carter TX Argyle 2019 OF Texas Tech
Hayden Clearman TX Argyle 2019 OF Abilene Christian
Brenden Dixon TX Argyle 2019 SS Texas
Alex Gonzales TX Argyle 2020 SS Baylor
Bo Hogeboom TX Argyle 2020 C Houston

Preston King TX Argyle 2019 SS Texas-Rio Grande Valley
Austin King TX Argyle 2019 C Texas-Rio Grande Valley

Cade Merka TX Argyle 2020 SS Texas A&M
Chad Ricker TX Argyle 2019 3B Texas-San Antonio

1 hour ago, DTrump said:

This is just crazy for any classification.

Sean Bolin TX Argyle 2019 RHP Utah
Dillon Carter TX Argyle 2019 OF Texas Tech
Hayden Clearman TX Argyle 2019 OF Abilene Christian
Brenden Dixon TX Argyle 2019 SS Texas
Alex Gonzales TX Argyle 2020 SS Baylor
Bo Hogeboom TX Argyle 2020 C Houston

Preston King TX Argyle 2019 SS Texas-Rio Grande Valley
Austin King TX Argyle 2019 C Texas-Rio Grande Valley

Cade Merka TX Argyle 2020 SS Texas A&M
Chad Ricker TX Argyle 2019 3B Texas-San Antonio

I suppose they got some pretty good short stops. 

• LOL! 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
23 hours ago, ALLSPORTFAN said:

This just shows you polls mean nothing.  Lufkin Hudson has lost two games in the last three they played.   One lop sided loss to Carthage and a tight one run loss to Jasper.  And the poll doesn’t even have their record right. 

Polls are just conversation pieces IMO. Also IMO the 4A poll you refer too doesn't mean nothing with Argyle in 4A. There's no doubt it's theirs to lose.

8 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

It shows franklin #25 with a 11-3-2 record but i was told that they have only one loss on the season and it was against gateway prep

A lot of "fans" don't start counting w/l's until all the basketball kids hit the field, unless they start off on a winning streak. Maybe that's what happened in Franklin.

http://txhighschoolbaseball.com/3a/19-3a/

On 3/24/2019 at 12:16 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Polls are just conversation pieces IMO. Also IMO the 4A poll you refer too doesn't mean nothing with Argyle in 4A. There's no doubt it's theirs to lose.

Actually polls mean even less in baseball simply because of the very nature of the sport.  Any team can drop a game on any given day to any other team regardless of record simply due to an untimely error or timely basehit.....or due to pitching problems.  It's very easy in a 25-35 game season and normal to lose a few games along the way.  Going undefeated in this sport at any level just doesn't happen.......except in very rare cases like Argyle's season last year(37-0).  And some teams may play less than 20 games for the season.....but that is still more than in most other sports.  How many top-ranked basketball teams can go undefeated???  Not very many.  It's even more difficult to do in baseball.

Since 4 teams in each district will make the playoffs in 4A, there will be teams advancing will lesser records.  In the playoffs a team can win a coin flip to choose the option of a one-gamer against an opponent rather than a best of 3 series being played.  This happens every year in the baseball playoffs in every classification.....that's the UIL rules we have in place here in Texas.  Only when the winners from each region advance to the State Final Four will there be for certain a one-gamer......in the semis and in the State Championship game.  Not sure I agree with this type of scenario......but that's what we have had in place for as long as I can remember.  I personally feel the regional finals, semifinals, and finals should also be a required best of three series.

4 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Actually polls mean even less in baseball simply because of the very nature of the sport.  Any team can drop a game on any given day to any other team regardless of record simply due to an untimely error or timely basehit.....or due to pitching problems.  It's very easy in a 25-35 game season and normal to lose a few games along the way.  Going undefeated in this sport at any level just doesn't happen.......except in very rare cases like Argyle's season last year(37-0).  And some teams may play less than 20 games for the season.....but that is still more than in most other sports.  How many top-ranked basketball teams can go undefeated???  Not very many.  It's even more difficult to do in baseball.

So they mean less than just a "conversation"? Okay, gotcha.

2 hours ago, threejs said:

looking like there may be a few deep runs for east texas this year. Canton, Kilgore, Carthage, Bullard, PG all look like they could be around for a while. I know Argyle is still lurking out there, but East Texas is going to be well represented deep into the playoffs this year.

1 hour ago, broncbuster11 said:

looking like there may be a few deep runs for east texas this year. Canton, Kilgore, Carthage, Bullard, PG all look like they could be around for a while. I know Argyle is still lurking out there, but East Texas is going to be well represented deep into the playoffs this year.

Region 2 is up for grabs! should be an east texas team representing at the state tourney.