Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

On 5/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, DevelopQB said:

No need for Saturday.  Low scoring pitching duel game 1.   Game 2 I see a 6-3 type game.   

Canton gone, Bullard gone....hhhmmm.   My evaluation of the region is pretty close to spot on.   

Your right with your first statement but not for the team you guaranteed to win. Seems like your team didn't back your comments up!! 

I Tried To Tell Ya Kilgore isn't going to be as easy as you thought. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

Iowa Park  defeated Decatur 6-2 and 3-2 to advance to the Region 1 Semifinals next week.  Iowa Park is now (31-2) on the season with a loss to Levelland early and to Argyle right before district play began.  Decatur was a really good team and played a darn good schedule.  They ended up (28-7) with 2 losses each to Argyle and Iowa Park.  Also lost one to Benbrook.  

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Your right with your first statement but not for the team you guaranteed to win. Seems like your team didn't back your comments up!! 

Carthage’s coach said Kilgore was the best team we played all year!!!!   Kilgore gets it done today!!!!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Kilgore can RAKE, they hit hard throwers, soft throwers, lefties, righties, side-arm, it does not matter what you throw up there, they are going to hit.

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 7:13 AM, Texski said:

Even with Canton and Bullard gone region 2 is loaded with talented teams...

Melissa (25-10)

Sunnyvale (23-4-2)

Kilgore (26-5)

PG (25-4)

Crandall (24-9)

Benbrook (24-4-2)

S H (21-10-1)

Van (14-12)

I think every one of these team except Van was ranked in the top 25 in 4A at some point this season

I would say everybody but Van has a shot...but then watch the Vandals win the whole dang thing LOL

Not today I hope. 

11 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle 21

Brownwood 0

Argyle hit 5 homers in a no-hitter by Chad Ricker in 5 innings.  Ricker hit a 3 run shot and a grand slam in the same inning for 7 RBI's as Argyle plated 12 runs in the 4th.  Argyle hit a homer in every inning except the 5th.  One solo in the first, a grand slam by Bo Hogeboom in the 2nd, a 3-run by Cade Merka in the 3rd, and Ricker's two homers in the 4th.  Argyle had 17 hits and no errors and scored 21 runs on 34 plate appearances.  Ricker is a UTSA commit and is a senior this season.

Those guys got some bats!!!

On 5/13/2019 at 8:50 AM, sportsguy24 said:

Yeah Bullard is losing 4 seniors. Should reload and be pretty good again next year. Spring Hill brings everyone back and should beat Van this week. Would love to see a Kilgore/Spring Hill regional finals.

Me too!

Benbrook(25-4-2) 6

Crandall(24-10)  1

Game 1 Final.......the winner of this series gets the winner of the Spring Hill(22-10-1) vs Van(14-13) matchup.  I would not be surprised to see Benbrook advance all the way to the Region 2 Final.  They have quality pitching and have played a very good schedule this season.  They gave Decatur a loss also.

The 2nd game of the best of 3 series matchups can sometimes be surprising.  Sometimes the pitching staff of one team has an ace they throw in Game 1 and then their 2nd and 3rd starters are not  on the same level.  OR maybe the loser of Game 1 didn't pitch their ace in the first game and has him ready for Game 2.  You just don't know how the rotation was set up by the coaching staff.  OR.....both teams pitched their ace in Game 1 and in Game 2 the #2 from one team is much better than the #2 of the other team and almost on the same level as the #1.

It's a HUGE advantage to have 2 aces on the staff........that are virtually equal in skill level and quality.  The #3 does come into play in the reliever category if and when the situation dictates it.   An excellent hitting team may be able to overcome quality pitching depth in the playoffs IF they are truly an excellent hitting team.

25 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Benbrook(25-4-2) 6

Crandall(24-10)  1

Game 1 Final.......the winner of this series gets the winner of the Spring Hill(22-10-1) vs Van(14-13) matchup.  I would not be surprised to see Benbrook advance all the way to the Region 2 Final.  They have quality pitching and have played a very good schedule this season.  They gave Decatur a loss also.

I think Crandall put SH out in 2011. Not sure but I remember it was the hottest day in history lol. People passing out in the stands. We went three  games. Crandall if that is who it was had their team in the bus with iv hydration. They won game 3 by a small score. Gosh I wish I could remember the details. I called uil to see if that is legal and they said they never heard of that before. 

We played argyle that year too I think. I’m too old to remember🤦‍♂️🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyone remember that season 8 years ago?

21 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

The 2nd game of the best of 3 series matchups can sometimes be surprising.  Sometimes the pitching staff of one team has an ace they throw in Game 1 and then their 2nd and 3rd starters are not  on the same level.  OR maybe the loser of Game 1 didn't pitch their ace in the first game and has him ready for Game 2.  You just don't know how the rotation was set up by the coaching staff.  OR.....both teams pitched their ace in Game 1 and in Game 2 the #2 from one team is much better than the #2 of the other team and almost on the same level as the #1.

True that

49 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Both of these teams are in the excellent category........look for another close game today.  This matchup could go to 3 games easily.

Carthage always a good team. They have a long history of winning and running deep into the playoffs. No big news there.  I always look for a win out of them. 

Let's face it.......there are some teams that just have some very good bats throughout their lineup compared to most other teams.  Most teams have a few good hitters, but against quality pitching the team may not be able to generate enough offense to win against a very good pitcher.  Some teams with high caliber offenses can overcome quality pitching in a playoff scenario.