Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

5 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

How come Carthage never throws their top pitcher against good teams? So if they had thrown their top pitcher in their losses they would have won is that what I'm reading? 

My thoughts exactly. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

How come Carthage never throws their top pitcher against good teams? So if they had thrown their top pitcher in their losses they would have won is that what I'm reading? 

What ya know, we agree on this. 

I guess if they had pitched one of their top 3 they would be undefeated? Kinda the way I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

That just doesn't make any sense to me when every team they lost too threw their top pitchers but Carthage didn't. 

I guess they were saving them. 🤨

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

That just doesn't make any sense to me when every team they lost too threw their top pitchers but Carthage didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

What ya know, we agree on this. 

I guess if they had pitched one of their top 3 they would be undefeated? Kinda the way I read it. Maybe I'm wrong.

It’s ok if we agree. Who’s gonna stop us?!  Bahahaha 

• LOL! 1

Sometimes in predistrict a coach deliberately tests his players and "other pitching staff" to force the boys to play to their highest level......since the outcome is not as important as the intended purposes.  Those purposes may really help the team later in the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3lamp said:

My thoughts exactly. 

I can’t answer that question.  Our coach throws our one and two on their rotation not based on who we are playing. One during tournaments was the Tuesday starter and two was the first game of the tournament.  

You can look Smith is our one during those tournaments Bobo was our two.  Now Blisset is back we have three really good pitchers.

54 minutes ago, 3lamp said:

It’s ok if we agree. Who’s gonna stop us?!  Bahahaha 

No sir not at all what I am saying. But don’t you feel more confident about your chances against great teams when your one goes?

It's really simple. If your first district game falls on a Tuesday, then either your 1 or your 2 has to be your "Tuesday" starter. The other one is your Friday starter. If you don't care about match ups in tournaments, then you don't deviate from the plan. Plus it gets your 3 and 4 good work to prepare them for a playoff series. Tournament season isn't about who has the best. It's about who has the deepest, and trying to create depth. This Carthage vs Sweeney series is going to be a great one. Can Carthage's 1,2, & 3 stay hot? Can Carthage's offense continue to grind out at bats? Can Sweeney's pitchers shut down their offense? Can Sweeney's offense keep the pace they have? Going to be a great show!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TrenchMob said:

It's really simple. If your first district game falls on a Tuesday, then either your 1 or your 2 has to be your "Tuesday" starter. The other one is your Friday starter. If you don't care about match ups in tournaments, then you don't deviate from the plan. Plus it gets your 3 and 4 good work to prepare them for a playoff series. Tournament season isn't about who has the best. It's about who has the deepest, and trying to create depth. This Carthage vs Sweeney series is going to be a great one. Can Carthage's 1,2, & 3 stay hot? Can Carthage's offense continue to grind out at bats? Can Sweeney's pitchers shut down their offense? Can Sweeney's offense keep the pace they have? Going to be a great show!

Dido!!!! Well said!!!

1 minute ago, sportsguy24 said:

Really hope to see Kilgore and Spring Hill both advance to Regional Final. They split during district and it's not often you have two teams from the same district fighting for a seat at the tournament. Would be an exciting series.

I’m hoping for that too. 

• Like 1

When you have Bobby Witt Jr on your team this is where you get to play a series

W3 Amarillo (27-8-1) vs W7 Colleyville Heritage (33-3)
Game 1: Thursday, May 23 @ University of Oklahoma, 7:00 PM
Game 2: Friday, May 24 @ University of Oklahoma, 1:00 PM
Game 3: 30 Minutes after Game 2

50 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

When you have Bobby Witt Jr on your team this is where you get to play a series

W3 Amarillo (27-8-1) vs W7 Colleyville Heritage (33-3)
Game 1: Thursday, May 23 @ University of Oklahoma, 7:00 PM
Game 2: Friday, May 24 @ University of Oklahoma, 1:00 PM
Game 3: 30 Minutes after Game 2

That’s the only time OU will ever have him on campus.

• Like 1

I've been saying all along that Benbrook has a really well-rounded team.......they don't have a good record for nothing.  They will be a tough out in Region 2 for sure.  Now SH has its work cut out for them just to send this series to a 3rd and deciding game.  

Here's a surprise score for the night......Iowa Park gets by Hereford 1-0 in Game 1 of the series.  Argyle's Ricker tosses a 6-inning no-hitter to blank Canyon 9-0.  Russell for Argyle maintains the no-hitter in the top half of the 7th and gets the save.  Argyle scores 9 runs on 10 hits with no errors as Ricker K's 6 and walks 4. His walks used up his pitch count after 6 innings at 102 pitches per UIL rules.  Game 2 for both series at Abilene Christian University tomorrow......with Game 3 following, if needed.  Iowa Park vs Hereford begins at noon.  Argyle vs Canyon begins at 6 pm.  All games will conclude tomorrow in Abilene.  Two teams will advance to the Region 1 Finals tomorrow heading into a long Memorial Day weekend with no baseball in the mix for any of these 4 teams playing to advance.  

9 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Here's a surprise score for the night......Iowa Park gets by Hereford 1-0 in Game 1 of the series.  Argyle's Ricker tosses a 6-inning no-hitter to blank Canyon 9-0.  Russell for Argyle maintains the no-hitter in the top half of the 7th and gets the save.  Argyle scores 9 runs on 10 hits with no errors as Ricker K's 6 and walks 4. His walks used up his pitch count after 6 innings at 102 pitches per UIL rules.  Game 2 for both series at Abilene Christian University tomorrow......with Game 3 following, if needed.  Iowa Park vs Hereford begins at noon.  Argyle vs Canyon begins at 6 pm.  All games will conclude tomorrow in Abilene.  Two teams will advance to the Region 1 Finals tomorrow heading into a long Memorial Day weekend with no baseball in the mix for any of these 4 teams playing to advance.  

Certainly not nitpicking your post or trying to be rude, but Russell is not credited a save if his team is up 9-0. It's just another IP on the stat sheet really.

• LOL! 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:13 PM, broncbuster11 said:

Awesome!! Surely Melissa lost a flip or something. Kilgore fans will outnumber Melissa 5-1, and Mike Carter has been good to Kilgore in the past. I know it’s one round at a time, but the potential for the 5th round matchup looming might bring as many fans as a Friday night football game.

I was wondering how the location came about, but you are most likely correct that Melissa lost a flip, or perhaps Kilgore wanted a 1 gamer and Melissa agreed to come down east for a 3 game series. The 35 mile trip for Kilgore vs. 130 miles for Melissa is a little nuts but Melissa travels decently and I get off work at 3Pm so myself and several die-hards will make the trip.

Guessing Kilgore throws Hampton game 1...or are they ballsy and save him for game 2 knowing if they win game 1 without using him their chances in game 2 to win are very probable.