Pre season 4A baseball rankings

Sportsfanatic1

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Umpire troubles?

1 minute ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Umpire troubles?

I couldn’t comment to that. I wasn’t present. None of our fans mentioned and umpire trouble. There was some problem with the Benbrook dugout. Officials called them down. Just mouthing and taunting. Once they got called down the fans started I was told. But I didn’t witness it so I don’t want to say. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Crow2254 said:

I agree that Carthage made a couple mistakes. Sweeny also made a couple mistakes that led to a couple runs. The difference, in my opinion, was Sweeny hammered the ball last night. Carthage hit Homniok hard in the 1st inning and he settled down enough to keep himself on the mound. Even the outs for Sweeny were hit hard. The SS for Carthage is the real deal. Two outstanding teams.

Soph Arkansas commit as a catcher I believe. @ALLSPORTFAN would know more than me.

17 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Does Iowa Park have a stud #1 or do you think they are saying "the heck with it, let's take our chances on a 1 gamer"?

They have TWO very good pitchers that throw strikes and give up few runs. If they need to win, they will throw both if needed.  They also have a good defense.....so there you go.  They know they cannot match up with Argyle position to position.......so they will take a swing at us in a one-gamer and see if they can create some magic.  They just need to play error-free and hope Argyle makes a mistake or two.  It can happen in this game........but probably won't.  Argyle is rolling strong now.......the strongest all season long now.

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

They have TWO very good pitchers that throw strikes and give up few runs. If they need to win, they will throw both if needed.  They also have a good defense.....so there you go.  They know they cannot match up with Argyle position to position.......so they will take a swing at us in a one-gamer and see if they can create some magic.  They just need to play error-free and hope Argyle makes a mistake or two.  I can happen in this game........but probably won't.  Argyle is rolling strong now.......the strongest all season long now.

Everyone has their day. This should be interesting 

Yep.......but this game will be a great test for Argyle to get ready for the one-gamers in Austin, too.  Just one game for all the marbles to advance or go home........all the pressure is on Argyle, not Iowa Park.   Iowa Park was not expected to get here, but they did.  Argyle is the odds-on favorite to repeat.......that's inward pressure every game they play.

Just now, regaleagle said:

Yep.......but this game will be a great test for Argyle to get ready for the one-gamers in Austin, too.  Just one game for all the marbles to advance or go home........all the pressure is on Argyle, not Iowa Park.   Iowa Park was not expected to get here, but they did.  Argyle is the odds-on favorite to repeat.......that's inward pressure every game they play.

But when you watch them.......you just scratch your head and "YEP, they are really really good, for sure."  And they are!

Just now, regaleagle said:

You are correct. They have to feel that pressure. But that’s the training of a champion.  Mind. Mind. Mind.  It makes u or it can definitely break u  

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

But when you watch them.......you just scratch your head and "YEP, they are really really good, for sure."  And they are!

But this is baseball........anything and everything comes into play and any team can beat any team on a given night......especially when playing quality playoff teams that are good too.

In my mind the only team in 4A that has played a schedule similar to the schedule Argyle has played this season is...........SWEENY!!  And I do believe WHO you play makes all the difference in HOW the team performs when they are tested.  The only team to notch a win against Argyle in 2 yrs has been Southlake Carroll in the Highland Park tournament this season......they were last year's 6A State Champion.  But they've already been eliminated and some 5A and 6A teams Argyle defeated are still playing this week.  So that's baseball. 

BTW......Argyle won the HP tournament.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 8:54 AM, Texski said:

Melissa will throw #23..the guy that pitched the 7th for the save in game 1. He won game 3 against Sunnyvale. So true about the strike thrower comment. #6 (only a soph BTW) mixed his pitches well, painted the corners and mostly kept everything down in the zone. #13 in game 2 not so much and the Dawgs exposed him. I was very impressed with Kilgore's game 2 starter. He pitched out of some serious jams and Melissa had tons of runners LOB.

Does Melissa have a radio feed for their baseball games?