QB controversy in Philly?

I hope they sign both to $50,000,000 a year long term contracts, leaving very little room for other players under the salary cap  -  this coming from a Cowboy fan. 

If I was an Eagles fan, I would like to keep the one who is the cheapest - I don’t see much difference in their play the last 2 years. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Call me crazy but this is what Stoney would do if I ran the Iggles. 

Wentz is young, still on a rookie deal, but hasn’t proven he can stay healthy. I’ve got a 30 year old backup with a $20m option who has been extremely clutch the past two years (1 SB run, 1 playoff push run) under a coach who has resurrected a fading career in Nick Foles. 

Option #1- I’m reworking Nick Foles deal to a friendlier 3 year deal. I’m giving this current team 3 years to win as many games as possible with Foles. What about Carson Wentz? I’m trading Carson Wentz. Give me draft picks and some cap room for not signing Wentz to a long term contract extension. I’m surrounding Foles with as much young talent as I can now, while also setting myself up for the downturn in year 4. Draft another QB and start another rebuild.

Option #2- Carson Wentz is the present and future king in Philly. I decline Foles $20m option.   Use that to add a piece or two this year. Then I extend Wentz next offseason. I hope he stays healthy for the duration of the big money deal.

2 hours ago, cotton84 said:

I hope they sign both to $50,000,000 a year long term contracts, leaving very little room for other players under the salary cap  -  this coming from a Cowboy fan. 

If I was an Eagles fan, I would like to keep the one who is the cheapest - I don’t see much difference in their play the last 2 years. 

I hear ya!!! I agree 100%!! Let em get in cap hell, lol. 

Keep em both!! 👍

4 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

There's some reports coming out of Philly about Wentz today and it's not good in terms of the locker room. I haven't heard one bad thing about Foles in Philly in terms of the locker room. 

My question is: do you keep Foles or do you keep Wentz?  

Wentz is younger and has more potential.  I know Foles has worked magic the past two years, but he's been mediocre at best except for 2013.  He's only 26-18 as a starter not counting the playoffs.  The Eagles have already stated they're going with Wentz.  https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2815805-carson-wentz-named-eagles-starting-qb-over-nick-foles-for-2019-season

1 hour ago, ClawNAntler said:

I heard they are fully invested in Wentz but we will see

Yeah stranger things have happened. Will be interesting to see what they do now after what was put out today. Personally I hope they keep Wentz, Foles scares me more and is the better QB right now at this point IMO. 

7 hours ago, Stoney said:

Call me crazy but this is what Stoney would do if I ran the Iggles. 

Wentz is young, still on a rookie deal, but hasn’t proven he can stay healthy. I’ve got a 30 year old backup with a $20m option who has been extremely clutch the past two years (1 SB run, 1 playoff push run) under a coach who has resurrected a fading career in Nick Foles. 

Option #1- I’m reworking Nick Foles deal to a friendlier 3 year deal. I’m giving this current team 3 years to win as many games as possible with Foles. What about Carson Wentz? I’m trading Carson Wentz. Give me draft picks and some cap room for not signing Wentz to a long term contract extension. I’m surrounding Foles with as much young talent as I can now, while also setting myself up for the downturn in year 4. Draft another QB and start another rebuild.

Option #2- Carson Wentz is the present and future king in Philly. I decline Foles $20m option.   Use that to add a piece or two this year. Then I extend Wentz next offseason. I hope he stays healthy for the duration of the big money deal.

#2 he the best QB . They have a lot invested in him. 

• Stinks 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Eagles have picked up the $20mil option on Foles. Foles can give them $2mil to become a free agent. We'll see what happens. 

There's no way I'd give up $20 million if I were him to test the free agent waters.  I don't seen any team that would pay him more.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

There's no way I'd give up $20 million if I were him to test the free agent waters.  I don't seen any team that would pay him more.  

So if he takes the $20 million from Philly does that mean they are going to deal Wentz?  Surely they aren't going to pay $20 million to a back up QB ...

20 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

So if he takes the $20 million from Philly does that mean they are going to deal Wentz?  Surely they aren't going to pay $20 million to a back up QB ...

Like I said, call me crazy but I think they should trade Wentz, surround Foles with the picks, roll with it for the short term, then blow it up and draft another young QB.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don't think so.  They still have almost $19 million to spend even with the slotted money for draft picks.  They've already said that Wentz is the starter next year.  

On 2/2/2019 at 7:59 PM, Stoney said:

Like I said, call me crazy but I think they should trade Wentz, surround Foles with the picks, roll with it for the short term, then blow it up and draft another young QB.

Same. 

Wentz certainly appears to be the better overall "talent," but Foles is clutch and I haven't heard anything about locker room drama from him. Can't say the same for Wentz. 

I say you try to pull a "Herschel Walker" type deal. That is: deal Wentz for some draft picks and/or proven free agents, and build the team around Foles. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...