what will the 4A TOP TEN LOOK LIKE AT THE START OF THE SEASON

powerlifter

I'm pretty sure the top 10 will have the usual perennial powers:  La Vega, Argyle, West Orange-Stark, Carthage, Cuero, Pleasant Grove.  Silsbee should be in the top 10 for sure.  At this point, it's a pick 'em as to who else will be in there.  Liberty Hill, Midlothian Heritage, and maybe Jasper?  Of course, I don't have inside info as to what each team lost to graduation.  I do know Cuero lost their do everything player in Jordan Whittington, so I think that will hurt them.

3 hours ago, lion70 said:

Gilmer time to win State this year. Carthage is not doing it. Cuero isn't repeating . Vega got a shot to repeat I believe they were young. Argyle should be a good contender like always.

Gilmer will not beat Pleasant Grove if they stay healthy.

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I'm pretty sure the top 10 will have the usual perennial powers:  La Vega, Argyle, West Orange-Stark, Carthage, Cuero, Pleasant Grove.  Silsbee should be in the top 10 for sure.  At this point, it's a pick 'em as to who else will be in there.  Liberty Hill, Midlothian Heritage, and maybe Jasper?  Of course, I don't have inside info as to what each team lost to graduation.  I do know Cuero lost their do everything player in Jordan Whittington, so I think that will hurt them.

Any chance the Paris Wildcats make the argument for top 10? Not sure what they lost to graduation.

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Any chance the Paris Wildcats make the argument for top 10? Not sure what they lost to graduation.

Even if they did lose some good players, I think Paris will make the top 15, maybe even top 10.  Like I said, though, I don't have access to who lost whom to graduation.  Our sports authorities will have to figure that one out.  I do agree with Matt, though, if we break it down into divisions like Dave Campbell does, it'll likely be La Vega at #1 in D1, and Pleasant Grove at #1 in D2.

4 hours ago, lion70 said:

Gilmer time to win State this year. Carthage is not doing it. Cuero isn't repeating . Vega got a shot to repeat I believe they were young. Argyle should be a good contender like always.

Hahaha..., I hope you're right about Gilmer, but I'm not seeing it at this point.  They will have to really put in the work in the offseason to have any chance, and get coached up by some new coaches (I haven't heard of any changes, though).  Carthage will likely have some growing pains early with a new QB, but he's got the x-factor in coaching.  La Vega will definitely be strong, and likely #1 again.  Argyle is always good, and just a whisker away from being great every year.  Cuero will still be good, but I don't think they will be as good without Whittington. 

19 minutes ago, jimmyw said:

Jasper should be stout. I'm pretty sure they are 9 / 9 with a solid j.v. team. They should be good. I know West-Orange will be good.

Jasper is my pick to get out of Region 3. 

Last yr it was WOS but Silsbee ended up doing it. 

Basically what im saying is I expect chaos in Region 3 starting 3rd round of the playoffs next season again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Hahaha..., I hope you're right about Gilmer, but I'm not seeing it at this point.  They will have to really put in the work in the offseason to have any chance, and get coached up by some new coaches (I haven't heard of any changes, though).  Carthage will likely have some growing pains early with a new QB, but he's got the x-factor in coaching.  La Vega will definitely be strong, and likely #1 again.  Argyle is always good, and just a whisker away from being great every year.  Cuero will still be good, but I don't think they will be as good without Whittington. 

Your five year plan is do up. 2004, 2009, 2014 ......

yes jasper  will be tuff to beat for sure would not be surprised to see them ranked in the state now them here comes Silsbee loaded agan so rumor has it   have one of the best running backs around QB  will also be back  BUT a lot on both sides of the ball .sitting back and watching is west orange stark  lost some key players but the way Thompson  runs his program they will be in good shape the 9th grade kid they are talking about going to go watch him  there jv team did not lose  no games so its ben told   beat up on some big teams  

8 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Heard ya'all lost your Defensive Coordinator.

well I will get someone to ck on this if so Thompson  will take it over this he loves  I feel sure there are other coaches that would  love this job  and come into one the best football pragrams in texas

9 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

Heard ya'all lost your Defensive Coordinator.

57 minutes ago, powerlifter said:

well I will get someone to ck on this if so Thompson  will take it over this he loves  I feel sure there are other coaches that would  love this job  and come into one the best football pragrams in texas

nope no one has left there program is strong