what will the 4A TOP TEN LOOK LIKE AT THE START OF THE SEASON

powerlifter

5 minutes ago, Nonothing said:

Toughest game for Carthage will be in pre-district.

Does Carthage travel well?  They may need to bring lawn chairs or something when they come to PG.  Our visitor side is fairly small.  Stadium was built when we were still 3A and visitor side hasn't been expanded

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

Does Carthage travel well?  They may need to bring lawn chairs or something when they come to PG.  Our visitor side is fairly small.  Stadium was built when we were still 3A and visitor side hasn't been expanded

I came to PG in 2018 for the 9th & JV games.  Carthage will certainly fill the visitor side and overflow.  I’m sure we will have a lot of folks standing behind the stands and on the walk way to concession stand.

2 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I came to PG in 2018 for the 9th & JV games.  Carthage will certainly fill the visitor side and overflow.  I’m sure we will have a lot of folks standing behind the stands and on the walk way to concession stand.

they will probably let people sit on the hillsides

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bmoc said:

First of all................#74 didn't start.   Second ..........where is this second RB.    And third............................the IF you used on the QB is major.   The dawgs have a lot of work between now the the first of the season.

Y’all forget that Carthage doen’t Care if they lose early... They don’t hand out trophies before district.....😜 Of course I’m kidding.... Surratt will have his guys fine tuned when it counts the most...😏

26 minutes ago, coachkells said:

La Vega will return 8 starters on offense 6 of those were sophomores this year. I can't wait to see how much better next years team will be offensively.  There will be holes to fill on defense but there is plenty of talent behind this class of seniors.  

What’s up coachkells?! Good to see you on SDC today. I sure do hope our Bulldog defense improves this season. If so, we could meet your Pirates deep in the playoffs again.

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Y’all forget that Carthage doen’t Care if they lose early... They don’t hand out trophies before district.....😜 Of course I’m kidding.... Surratt will have his guys fine tuned when it counts the most...😏

Lawd I hope Lion doesn't see this. 

• LOL! 1

22 hours ago, bmoc said:

First of all................#74 didn't start.   Second ..........where is this second RB.    And third............................the IF you used on the QB is major.   The dawgs have a lot of work between now the the first of the season.

#74 started two games in place of #75 when he was injured.  #2 RB mentioned scored on his first varsity carry but saw limited action on the season.  Remember the talk coming into 2017?  Carthage had just won the State title and graduated the QB.  His replacement was a green Jr with no varsity snaps.  That QB just went 30-1.  Carthage is like QB high school.  There are 4-5 QB’s returning in 2019 battling for the job.  All are capable.  Surratt will have the best player ready to go in August.  You can take that to the bank.  And he will have two  dynamic WR’s and a solid running game to allow him to ease into the role.  He will just have to take care of the ball and get it in the hands of his playmakers.

55 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

#74 started two games in place of #75 when he was injured.  #2 RB mentioned scored on his first varsity carry but saw limited action on the season.  Remember the talk coming into 2017?  Carthage had just won the State title and graduated the QB.  His replacement was a green Jr with no varsity snaps.  That QB just went 30-1.  Carthage is like QB high school.  There are 4-5 QB’s returning in 2019 battling for the job.  All are capable.  Surratt will have the best player ready to go in August.  You can take that to the bank.  And he will have two  dynamic WR’s and a solid running game to allow him to ease into the role.  He will just have to take care of the ball and get it in the hands of his playmakers.

#2 mentioned RB was in the stands watching by the time the season ended.   what's up with that????

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 6:58 AM, cotton84 said:

LaVega definitely should be Number 1 starting the year...……………...Carthage does have 8 guys who were considered starters most of the year back on defense, with 3 others getting spot starts...……..But only having 4 full time offensive starters coming back, 1 starting almost half the games and with 3 others getting spot starts,  should keep them from being considered number 1

Running back, two O linemen, two wide receivers started, lineman 75 started several games, sophomore running back played in a lot of games. I consider that as starters returning. That would be 7 on offense with a lot of varsity playing time. 

• Thumbs Down 1