NFL Refs Changed Hotels After Harassment over Controversial NFC Championship Game

The thing is if this would have happened in the first quarter nobody would have said anything.  The best way I heard it explained was this.  Take a glass and mark it into four quarters, drop some red food coloring in it, and you barely notice.  Drink almost the whole glass, and then drop the same amount in and it's red as blood.  That call didn't lose the Saints the game.  It was Sean Payton by not running out the clock.  I don't care that there were 8 men in the box.  Run the ball take time off the clock, do it again on second down, and then try to get the first down with a pass on third, and  kick the winning field goal with by wasting the remaining Rams timeouts.  Who knows the Saints  might would have scored a touchdown got a first down, and then kicked the field goal with no time left on the clock.  There were blown calls on both sides of the ball throughout the game.  I keep hearing that the hit was intentional, but I saw it as inadvertent.  The defender turned to run to catch up with the receiver, because he was almost toast.  He didn't even know the ball was in the air.  It still should have been called, because I saw two referees looking directly at the play.  Regardless,  the Saints were struck by the Dez curse the same when he didn't get the catch against Green Bay, and now that he's with the Saints.  Sorry Dez, no ring.  

• Like 2

Like I told Saints fans that I know personally: if Payton grows a pair and gets TDs instead of FGs the first 2 drives before they scored that TD on the screen play they're up 21-0 and no one is talking about the refs and after watching every Rams game this yr there's no way we come back from that inside the Dome that day. That game was gift wrapped for the Saints, Payton "bleaux" it with his playcalling. They couldn't run the ball effectively, they couldn't utilize Thomas effectively and to me Brees arm has diminished. I don't place any blame on the refs, BOTH teams actually had a chance to end it in regulation, I know I almost chunked my tv across the room when McVay choose that FG from the 1yd line to tie it at 20 instead of going for the dagger TD. Joyner had a chance to aid in ending it by picking off Brees but instead he overplays the ball and Ginn catches it. Maybe next year the Saints wont blow a 13pt lead.