2019 Hall Of Fame Inductees

Stoney

12 minutes ago, threejs said:

I will continue my annual rant that the BBWAA is the most idiotic collection of individuals ever assembled. Nothing against Edgar Martinez, but did the writers get smarter or did Martinez' stats magically improve from 2018? 70.4% to 85.4% is strange.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/awards/hof_2019.shtml

I’m coming around on the idea of a one year ballot. You retire, wait and get put on the ballot once. No 10 year political vote. Give the writers unlimited votes instead of only 10 per ballot. Your either a hall of famer or your not. 

• Like 1

yes, I'd say unlimited or go up to 20 which might as well be unlimited (people probably wouldn't vote for that many usually)...so they wouldn't feel like "well I can't vote for old so and so that deserves it, but dang it, old so and so #1 and old so and so #2 are down to year 10 so we better get them in there and old so and so #3 deserves it but he wouldn't answer questions for me in the locker room so scr%w him and old so and so #4 deserves it but there's a whiff of steroid on him so I ain't giving him the satisfaction of the glory he deserves"...I mean, I'm a baseball writer for the lord of typewriters sake...I'm the ultimate judge and juror!!!

• Like 1