Marshall Promotes OC Jake Griedl to AD/Head Football Coach...

Smoaky

15 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

You took a shot because I said we could make a run in 2019. 

Always going to get a backhanded comment in. 

(I had to get it in to see how it feels after hearing so many 1937 comments 😛 )

• LOL! 3

Yet you troll. Every. Chance. You. Get.

Why are you even on this thread?  To troll.  Nothing more.

I've been nothing but congratulatory to Longview all season. 

But you seem to like going out of your way to stir something up.

Done talking to you about it.

3 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

They beat LE by a touchdown and they dont play AHS or THS!! I would say you need to dominate someone before they own them! I guess im full of it

We tried play THS couple years ago they wouldn't play us now for AHS we beat them Hogs twice so don't come saying we won't play y'all real talk Norton didn't want no more of PG we could have won by lot more than what we did week one year we won it all 

6 minutes ago, dhoop02 said:

We tried play THS couple years ago they wouldn't play us now for AHS we beat them Hogs twice so don't come saying we won't play y'all real talk Norton didn't want no more of PG we could have won by lot more than what we did week one year we won it all 

Yea yall really dominated AHS they went for two to win the first year and then the next year you beat them by a touchdown. You dont even know what you are talking about !Gibson was the one that didnt want to play because of the Arkansas rules which is what most states play where you cant cut block. I can understand that  because of the wing-t! Thats all im gonna say on this believe what you want to!  This is about Marshall so be it

2 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Yet you troll. Every. Chance. You. Get.

Why are you even on this thread?  To troll.  Nothing more.

I've been nothing but congratulatory to Longview all season. 

But you seem to like going out of your way to stir something up.

Done talking to you about it.

Lol. This a thread, on a forum that allows opinions from all, isn’t it? At least the last time I checked. 

Marshall is hiring a new coach, right? So I am responding and giving my opinion. Just because it is not the way you see it, makes me a troll. Ok.

Can’t beat you being on other threads durning the season giving your tongue in cheek remarks.

Get over yourself.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

8 minutes ago, jbabi86 said:

Lol. This a thread, on a forum that allows opinions from all, isn’t it? At least the last time I checked. 

Marshall is hiring a new coach, right? So I am responding and giving my opinion. Just because it is not the way you see it, makes me a troll. Ok.

Can’t beat you being on other threads durning the season giving your tongue in cheek remarks.

Get over yourself.

Sharing opinions is one thing.  Never having anything positive to say to a person or about a program is another.

I don't feel the need to tear down any program.  No matter who they are.   

I've seen you flip your lid over lesser things being said about your program on here.

And you can get over yourself too, sir.

Good day.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 2

Mavchamp he is enjoying getting a rise out of you. It's not worth your time to reply. We have the excitement of a new coach on the horizon. I'm not one of you guys that gets some of the inside information but I'm in agreement that for the sake of J.J. It would be nice to keep the coaching staff intact. I know you guys know these outsiders that are under consideration so if you would please keep all of us not on the inside up to date. 

Thanks and GO MAVS

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gramps said:

Mavchamp he is enjoying getting a rise out of you. It's not worth your time to reply. We have the excitement of a new coach on the horizon. I'm not one of you guys that gets some of the inside information but I'm in agreement that for the sake of J.J. It would be nice to keep the coaching staff intact. I know you guys know these outsiders that are under consideration so if you would please keep all of us not on the inside up to date. 

Thanks and GO MAVS

What he said. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:48 AM, Slimbodine said:

How ironic that here you are talking smack about what Coach Norton accomplished at THS.  You could not sleep until he left.  Now you have this total ignorant dumb*** as head coach and he runs the entire program down in 2 years.  So enjoy lots of 2-8 and 3-7 seasons down the road.  THS is now the fourth best program in Texarkana.  PG owns the town.  

Oh Lord.  There are so many stupid things in that post its hard to start. Everybody knew (including Norton) Texas High was gonna be down for a few years.  He took a Ark High team that had never lost to Tex High and promptly went 1-1 and should have been 0-2.   Marshall doesn't need any part of that.

As far as PG owning the town......enjoy the streak. It never lasts.   We are living proof. The same people saying we were "recruiting" are suddenly silent about all the new kids there.  FYI….as far as being the 4th best program in Texarkana...….I guess you can make a case for it...…...If you discount the fact we beat 2 of them  **roll eyes**   Whoever is currently on a streak & in the playoffs "own" this town.   Enjoy the ride

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

It would be interesting to see what Gipson would do at Marshall or Texas High.  Gipson at either of those places would be scary for the rest of 5a football.

Would he change the offense? He is definitely a great young coach. But would that offense be as effective at Marshall or Texas High as it is at PG? Both schools have athletes to be wide open on O. I don’t know enough about him to know if he runs that offense at PG cause it fits them so well, or if that’s his speciality and he would take it with him wherever he goes.

BTW I am not saying anything bad about that O. PG should’ve beat Carthage this year, and LH shredded Carthage. They literally rushed for 499 yards. 

1 hour ago, THSfanatic said:

Oh Lord.  There are so many stupid things in that post its hard to start. Everybody knew (including Norton) Texas High was gonna be down for a few years.  He took a Ark High team that had never lost to Tex High and promptly went 1-1 and should have been 0-2.   Marshall doesn't need any part of that.

As far as PG owning the town......enjoy the streak. It never lasts.   We are living proof. The same people saying we were "recruiting" are suddenly silent about all the new kids there.  FYI….as far as being the 4th best program in Texarkana...….I guess you can make a case for it...…...If you discount the fact we beat 2 of them  **roll eyes**   Whoever is currently on a streak & in the playoffs "own" this town.   Enjoy the ride

+1 agree

11 hours ago, Hogman2018 said:

They beat LE by a touchdown and they dont play AHS or THS!! I would say you need to dominate someone before they own them! I guess im full of it

Nobody ragged on Texarkana football when in '06, I believe, LE and Arkansas High both won state titles, and Texas High made it to the state quarterfinals and lost to Copperas Cove and RG3.  Who else in East Texas has had that kind of success ever for a town the overall size of Texarkana?  Not Tyler, not Longview.  The only other places in Texas or Arkansas that may have done that are the big, big cities.  When Marshall hits 19 straight years of playoff appearances then maybe they have earned to right to talk the kind of smack you are talking after only a few years of success playing district schools that are smaller than yourself.  Enjoy your roll, it won't last forever.  Go Hawks!  Go Texarkana football

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

2 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Would he change the offense? He is definitely a great young coach. But would that offense be as effective at Marshall or Texas High as it is at PG? Both schools have athletes to be wide open on O. I don’t know enough about him to know if he runs that offense at PG cause it fits them so well, or if that’s his speciality and he would take it with him wherever he goes.

BTW I am not saying anything bad about that O. PG should’ve beat Carthage this year, and LH shredded Carthage. They literally rushed for 499 yards. 

The PG coach tried to open up the offense the season before the championship but the results early in the season were not good.  After a few games he switched back to the Wing-T because it was more suited to his players abilities.  He did get a few more athletes which helped.  The biggest reason for his success is what he instills in his young men outside of the sidelines.  He would probably be successful wherever he coaches because of that single fact.  Give him a lot of athletes and add that to the mindset that he instills...that not good news for his opponents.  Hope he stays away from Marshall (dead end job).

• Stinks 1

43 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Nobody ragged on Texarkana football when in '06, I believe, LE and Arkansas High both won state titles, and Texas High made it to the state quarterfinals and lost to Copperas Cove and RG3.  Who else in East Texas has had that kind of success ever for a town the overall size of Texarkana?  Not Tyler, not Longview.  The only other places in Texas or Arkansas that may have done that are the big, big cities.  When Marshall hits 19 straight years of playoff appearances then maybe they have earned to right to talk the kind of smack you are talking after only a few years of success playing district schools that are smaller than yourself.  Enjoy your roll, it won't last forever.  Go Hawks!  Go Texarkana football

As usual, the troll is coming out......who from Marshall is ragging on Texarkana football? Seems to me the only ones ragging on Texarkana football are others from Texarkana (PG / LE / AHS)......obviously your neighbors realize how relevant your posts are.

For the record, everybody that I know from Marshall has tremendous respect for THS, and probably feel a closer connection with the Tigers than any other rival we have, regardless of the recent history (L'view obviously is the 800 lb. gorilla, pretty much zero history with Lufkin this millennium,  limited history with Hallsville and the Mavs have pretty much dominated Nac). Since the 1st round playoff possibility no longer exists because THS is D1, most of us would love to see the rivalry renewed, with the Tigers on our non-district schedule every year.

That being said, I'm now going to take my own advise and not react to the troll. That is all....have a nice life.

45 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

Actually....

Texas High made the playoffs 17 consecutive years (2001-2017).  Not 19. And they lost in the first round 11 of those 17 years.

28 minutes ago, SiriusDogon7 said:

The PG coach tried to open up the offense the season before the championship but the results early in the season were not good.  After a few games he switched back to the Wing-T because it was more suited to his players abilities.  He did get a few more athletes which helped.  The biggest reason for his success is what he instills in his young men outside of the sidelines.  He would probably be successful wherever he coaches because of that single fact.  Give him a lot of athletes and add that to the mindset that he instills...that not good news for his opponents.  Hope he stays away from Marshall (dead end job).

Texas High Playoff Record: 22-33-2.  Hasn't won a playoff game since 2009.
Marshall Playoff Record: 37-28-2  Has advanced to the region semis three times since 2009 and Area another time. 

THS Playoff games since 2009: 10.  Record (1-9)
Marshall playoff games since 2009: 15.  Record (7-8)

You're talking smack why again?  

• Like 1

I’m hearing names like Jack Alvarez

Josh Gibson

I personally want you to hire Scott Ford. 

But if not and sounds like you are not. You missed out a running guy last time. Why would you want one now??? Do y’all have a bunch of stud RB coming? 

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: Claude Mathis back to DeSoto, Marshall hires OC Jake Griedl
  • Smoaky unpinned this topic