Pro Bowl

No. The more they do to 'improve' it, the worse it's gotten. They need to go back to the way it used to be...

The week after the SB. This allows for the SB players to participate. Put it in Hawaii. It seemed fewer players skipped it this way, probably bc they would take their families and have a vacation too. Have the conference championship losing coaches coach the game as opposed to retired players. And the old format of AFC vs NFC, rather than the coaches picking their rosters. 

It wasn't perfect, and it still didn't have the ratings of a regular game (but what all star game does?), but the way they do it now, it's about to be done away with anyway.

With the SB players not able to play, and the number of players who skip, it doesn't mean anything to make the pro bowl anymore anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

No. The more they do to 'improve' it, the worse it's gotten. They need to go back to the way it used to be...

The week after the SB. This allows for the SB players to participate. Put it in Hawaii. It seemed fewer players skipped it this way, probably bc they would take their families and have a vacation too. Have the conference championship losing coaches coach the game as opposed to retired players. And the old format of AFC vs NFC, rather than the coaches picking their rosters. 

It wasn't perfect, and it still didn't have the ratings of a regular game (but what all star game does?), but the way they do it now, it's about to be done away with anyway.

With the SB players not able to play, and the number of players who skip, it doesn't mean anything to make the pro bowl anymore anyway.

I totally agree ... move it to after the SB and go back to AFC vs NFC ...

14 minutes ago, lion70 said:

I don't wanna watch it. Fake Defense and no one takes it seriously. I heard Hawaii was a terrible venue compared to what they are accustomed to. 

You have a point on the venue, that's one raggedy rusted up stadium last time I looked it up. 

On 1/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, Lobo97 said:

I agree.  I used to watch it in the 70's and 80's, and they actually played the game.  Today I just caught a glimpse of it on tv, and thought they were playing "Don't Tackle the Man with the Football".  It was a complete joke.  

They might as well have been playing a consolation flag football game  ... can you imagine Dick Butkus or Jack Lambert playing "touch, you're down" defense like that ... smh ... just go ahead and strap flags around their waists ....

Edited by KirtFalcon
  • Like 1