⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

A little early, but we are right around the corner. Purchased my season tickets today at the Disch. Can't wait for this season!

Lost some pitching but gained a few stellar freshmen on the mound. Texas will rely on Blair Henley as Friday night starter.

Big news of the off-season for the Horns, SS David Hamilton is out for the year. Didn't have a big bat, but his speed and defense will be missed greatly.

29 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

I think all of Fayetteville and the state of Arkansas is ready for baseball, they've thrown their basketball season in the trash already for some odd reason. 

I believe the Hogs are preseason top15. 

Tough being a Razorback fan these days huh?

30 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Tough being a Razorback fan these days huh?

For them (basketball fans) I guess it is. I wouldn't know. 

But after last baseball season I personally can't wait. Time to get that sour taste out the mouths from that CWS. I dislike Oregon State. 

16 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

But after last baseball season I personally can't wait. Time to get that sour taste out the mouths from that CWS. I dislike Oregon State. 

Arkansas will be good once again. They have a great baseball program

17 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Oregon State can fall off a cliff, and I won't care. But, that was our fault, and our fault alone. Three Seniors and nobody can catch a routine foul pop, SAD!!

It will be all about the pitching, the offense will be stellar and the defense will be just as good if not better. Campbell is going to have to be an ACE and Noland will probably have to emerge as a weekend starter for them to have a chance to repeat last years feats. 

• Like 1

A&Ms pitching staff is elite. Top 5 rotation in the country. But they have lots to prove in terms of the lineup. They aren’t even ranked this preseason which crazy considering how good the pitching staff Is. Last time A&M started unranked they made it to Omaha so there’s that....

On 1/25/2019 at 8:53 PM, WETSU said:

A&Ms pitching staff is elite. Top 5 rotation in the country. But they have lots to prove in terms of the lineup. They aren’t even ranked this preseason which crazy considering how good the pitching staff Is. Last time A&M started unranked they made it to Omaha so there’s that....

Preseason rankings don't hold much weight, especially in baseball. Texas making it to Omaha last year was very surprising to me. It's all about who is hot at the right time.

2 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Preseason rankings don't hold much weight, especially in baseball. Texas making it to Omaha last year was very surprising to me. It's all about who is hot at the right time.

Exactly. Fresno State went something like 29-27 that one year, needed to win the WAC tourney to make the postseason, and ended up winning it all. 

A&M made it to Omaha in 2017 because we got hot late in the season and got an easier draw in the Super Regionals because UNC didn't handle business. 

We have a great pitching staff, mostly of Lefties. John Doxakis SHOULD be our ace... followed by Asa Lacy (lefty who came on strong in the SEC tourney last year) and Chandler Jozwiak (another left, throws hard, has a tough slider breaking in towards right-handers). 

Sadly, that leaves us without a good right-hander, although SOMEONE usually steps up. I don't know about our bullpen. I liked Hoffman last year, but he's gone. Again, someone will have to step up and you may see a bit of tinkering early in the season with the rotation/bullpen. 

We have a few guys who produced runs coming back... Including Shewmake. Hopefully he doesn't battle injury this season and he returns to his 2017 form. 

27 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Exactly. Fresno State went something like 29-27 that one year, needed to win the WAC tourney to make the postseason, and ended up winning it all. 

A&M made it to Omaha in 2017 because we got hot late in the season and got an easier draw in the Super Regionals because UNC didn't handle business. 

We have a great pitching staff, mostly of Lefties. John Doxakis SHOULD be our ace... followed by Asa Lacy (lefty who came on strong in the SEC tourney last year) and Chandler Jozwiak (another left, throws hard, has a tough slider breaking in towards right-handers). 

Sadly, that leaves us without a good right-hander, although SOMEONE usually steps up. I don't know about our bullpen. I liked Hoffman last year, but he's gone. Again, someone will have to step up and you may see a bit of tinkering early in the season with the rotation/bullpen. 

We have a few guys who produced runs coming back... Including Shewmake. Hopefully he doesn't battle injury this season and he returns to his 2017 form. 

That's what makes baseball so great imo!

The Aggies had good pitching last year, and I'm sure that will continue over to this year. Usually good pitching can make up for some offensive deficiencies too. Anyone, besides Arkansas and Florida, look strong in the SEC this year? 

1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

That's what makes baseball so great imo!

The Aggies had good pitching last year, and I'm sure that will continue over to this year. Usually good pitching can make up for some offensive deficiencies too. Anyone, besides Arkansas and Florida, look strong in the SEC this year? 

Off the top of my head Vandy most definitely and add LSU into the mix. 

• Mr. P changed the title to ⚾ 2019 College Baseball
45 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If I remember correctly Vandy returns 7 or 8 guys from last year's lineup. I'd have them #1 in the SEC going into the season. 

And LSU returns a few I believe. They play in Austin in February which will be a good series. 

Sam Houston has a veteran team returning from a team that was the last at large team out after winning the conference but not the conference tournament 

Starts the year just outside the Top 25 at Number 30 

Impressive Schedule for a mid major includes these games of note

Miss State and Texas  Tech at Frisco Classic

Virginia Tech  Rycass Classic Florida

Home Games with

A&M (finally)

TCU

Baylor 

Louisiana Laf

U of H

Road Games

Texas