⚾ 2019 College Baseball

ETXfan16

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, thegreatbambino said:

Texas drops the last game 8-6. Had the bases loaded with 2 outs in the 9th but the pinch hitter watched 3 strikes go by without swinging. 

Tough time to come in the game; especially at the beginning of the year. Saying that, the hitter has to know that the pitcher is going to do his best to throw strikes because he doesn't want to walk in a run.

Not a bad start to the season. Took 2-3 from ULL and they are usually  a pretty good squad. The Horns travel to Rice on Tuesday and have Purdue at home next weekend. No series or game is easy this year really. I'm looking at the schedule and it should tell us a lot about this team

On 2/16/2019 at 11:26 AM, MavGrad99 said:

#1 LSU beats UL-M 12-7...

after beating ULM, LSU beat Army 6-5 on Saturday, and Air Force 17-5 on Sunday.

I am looking forward to it warming up so I can catch some of these TCU games.  I love their ballpark with my kids.

A&M sweeps some school for the blind. Absolute garbage nonconference slate this year. They will need a strong showing in conference play because they won’t get any help from their resume outside of sec play. 

Pitching looked good as expected. A&Ms loaded with left handed pitching. They will be matchup problems for someone come tournament time. 

On 2/16/2019 at 7:41 PM, topher805 said:

Arkansas State spanks SFA 11-2

Love Cardenas to death. I feel like he is the best coach in the SLC, but he is being held back in Nac. I want to see him gone so he can go somewhere and get the support he deserves...

Kats go 2-1 in Florida beat a Stetson team that won a regional last year. 

Drop 3-2 game to VA Tech with a Fresh getting the start on the bump.

Going to disagree with you on Cardenas 

Deggs is hands down the best in the Southland 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Cant go wrong with either one. Deggs is good. Surprised he is still there...Interested if he jumps on a P5 job or continues to build Sam

• Like 1

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Cant go wrong with either one. Deggs is good. Surprised he is still there...Interested if he jumps on a P5 job or continues to build Sam

12 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Yea, I agree Deggs is hands-down the best HC in the SLC, and one of the better ones in the country. SAM is lucky to still have him. Not sure how much longer he'll stay before moving on to bigger pastures. 

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Coach Deggs will be at SHSU for quiet awhile 

He has no plans to be anywhere else in the near future.  He is very content to stay at SHSU. The Geography fits where he wants to be. 

• Thanks 1